• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't Pokemon evolve?

blendmaster0505

******** Guy
Some Pokemon's evolutions are found somewhere(MIghtyena and Linoone..)

So why can't some be found?? Pokedex tells "AREA UNKNOWN".

I know this spoils the fun and challenge in completing the Pokedex but I want an answer!

Example:

1.So Milotic only exists because Pokeblocks were invented (NEEDS MAX BEAUTY)?
2.So Raichu can't be found anywhere else..can't Pikachu pick up like a Thunderstone or something then evolve?(same goes for other Stone Evolution Pokemon)
3.Why can't Dustox and Beautifly be found elsewhere?
4. Seriously can't some Jigglypuffs and Clefairys pick up some Moon Stone or something then shine like crazy then evolve? They practically live in(or near) the area where moon stones can be found!
5. Don't Spheals evolve into Sealeos? So why isn't there a single one in Shoal Cave? I understand Walreins (needs higher level) but...
6. Also about starters..why can't they be caught elsewhere...how did Birch go about getting one? He hardly moves!(except at ROUTE 110 where you can see him come to you..)

Thanks! Provide more examples and answers.

;026; Oh! I picked up a Thunderstone! Yay!

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
Lets say you found a rock that you can use once and never again. You know it will make you more cool-looking and stronger, but you will learn slower, and you can never transform back to your former self. Would you really do it?

Besides, maybe okemon doesn't know how to use a stone.

And about the level-up evos..
In the area where they are, it may not be enough high-level pokemon for them to train themselves. Or they are more interesting in playing than battling.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
^totally agree wid ya!
abt the birch concept he is a proffeser!! and his workers can bring him any starter! they kmnow where to luk! also its just a game!! abt the starters....to say the truth i really dont know why we cant find starters but they say tht if u catch 150 pokemon.in F/R or L/G u will get a free starter at the begginging of ur johto journey(thts after the time u defeat the ewlite four). u get a johto styarter......

b3an0b0y

Lets say you found a rock that you can use once and never again. You know it will make you more cool-looking and stronger, but you will learn slower, and you can never transform back to your former self. Would you really do it?

Besides, maybe okemon doesn't know how to use a stone.

And about the level-up evos..
In the area where they are, it may not be enough high-level pokemon for them to train themselves. Or they are more interesting in playing than battling.

^totally agree wid ya!
abt the birch concept he is a proffeser!! and his workers can bring him any starter! they kmnow where to luk! also its just a game!! abt the starters....to say the truth i really dont know why we cant find starters but they say tht if u catch 150 pokemon.in F/R or L/G u will get a free starter at the begginging of ur johto journey(thts after the time u defeat the ewlite four). u get a johto styarter......

Your both right. :p

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
^totally agree wid ya!

now in enlish please

in the games theres a reason but if that they where real mabye that they like each other too much to hurt each other

Chris

Old Coot
1.So Milotic only exists because Pokeblocks were invented (NEEDS MAX BEAUTY)?
Pretty much. Think of it as something that was discovered when humans raised them. Remember, Mewtwo only exists because it was cloned from Mew's DNA by humans.

2.So Raichu can't be found anywhere else..can't Pikachu pick up like a Thunderstone or something then evolve?(same goes for other Stone Evolution Pokemon)
Pikachu are generally found where traces of Thunderstone aren't found. Won't find any in any forests or Safari Zones.

3.Why can't Dustox and Beautifly be found elsewhere?
So as not to give players a heavy advantage of being able to capture a fully evolved Pokemon without at least working for it. Doesn't take long to get its pre-evolutions to lvl 10. :p

4. Seriously can't some Jigglypuffs and Clefairys pick up some Moon Stone or something then shine like crazy then evolve? They practically live in(or near) the area where moon stones can be found!
Pipi are rare enough. Pixie is just as difficult to track down.

5. Don't Spheals evolve into Sealeos? So why isn't there a single one in Shoal Cave? I understand Walreins (needs higher level) but...
"This cave's not big enough for the two of us." >__>

6. Also about starters..why can't they be caught elsewhere...how did Birch go about getting one? He hardly moves!(except at ROUTE 110 where you can see him come to you..)
The anime established that they're raised in hidden locations, where younger ones are given to the Professors to give to new trainers. And uh, he does move. He's one of the only Professors who hardly stays in his lab.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
1. There ARE sealeo and walrein in shoal cave. They just live under the cave where there is too much cold for humans to survive. Maybe the old man knows something.

2. The pokemon dont want to evolve, like ash's Bulbasaur.

Wild Cherry

Magma Commander
If stones can be found by people (in the anime) then why can't pokemon? I mean, look at when Poliwhirl evolved, it used the King's rock, and look at that episode in the anime with the eevee-lution brothers, they lived right near a mountain with vass amounts of the stones.

We also see some pokemon attacking each other, so I guess they can elevel up and evolve

nap*

Yeah Baby!
If stones can be found by people (in the anime) then why can't pokemon? I mean, look at when Poliwhirl evolved, it used the King's rock, and look at that episode in the anime with the eevee-lution brothers, they lived right near a mountain with vass amounts of the stones.

We also see some pokemon attacking each other, so I guess they can elevel up and evolve

I think that is because when you use a transport machine it doubles as a trading machine or something like that so when Misty transported poliwhirl to her it evolved when it was holding kings rock or something like that

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I think that is because when you use a transport machine it doubles as a trading machine or something like that so when Misty transported poliwhirl to her it evolved when it was holding kings rock or something like that

It actually went like this. Ash's king's rock fell out of his backpack, poliwhirl was curious and picked it up, Misty returned him to his pokeball, she later called it back out and at that point it evolved.

icer

'Area unknown' doesn't mean the Pokemon don't exist in the wild, just the Pokedex doesn't know where they are. Maybe powerful evolved Pokemon of some types hide away where humans can't find them.

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
So humans found dialga but not quilava? C'mon...

Aviano

I dropped my balls

You can't mix the anime with the games, because in the anime, you have wild tyranitars and clefables ;) It's just that their so hard to find, the Pokedex in the games doesnt know where they are. If Ash never found that Larvitar egg, he would probaly never seen that Tyranitar, because they're to rare.

nap*

Yeah Baby!
It actually went like this. Ash's king's rock fell out of his backpack, poliwhirl was curious and picked it up, Misty returned him to his pokeball, she later called it back out and at that point it evolved.

Yes, true but when they chased after TR she didn't have her Poliwhirl on her and she asked nurse joy to send it to her via a transport machine, thus activating the power of the kings rock and evolving it

Ryo242

Eating Pokemon...yum
1.Let's see...Mewtwo's original origins, in those little journal things in Red/Blue, state it was born from Mew...which is pretty odd.
2.Not to mention that Sludge and stuff made Muk and Grimer.
3.Voltorbs appeared near Pokeball factories.
4.Some are extinct.
5.Some Pokemon are at such a high level that they should have evolved in the wild.
6.Gender differences also decrease a Pokemon's populace <Eevee has a 12.5 percent of being female=less Eevees=less Eevee evolutions in wild> Although there aren't any wild ones to begin with...
7.Prize Pokemon! How the BLEEP did they go and catch 100 Abra without any deliveries? I traded them all when I cleared my Ruby game to Fire Red, so I know that's just strange.
8.Raichu were found in the original Red/Blue version in both Cerulean Cave and Power Plant, so some Pikachu were glad to evolve. As were Wigglytuff <Extremely rare, and based on game too>.
9.Some Pokemon just don't have time to go through evolution only to have some trainer save and reset to try to catch them.
10.I'm pretty sure there are some Milotic out there that weren't created through the use of PokeBlocks...it just seems too absurd.

23caterpie

pokemaster
You can catch Beutifly and dustox in D/P.

Just so you do some work instead of capturing everything.
Wouldn't Salamence be hard to catch anyway?