• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Don't Think, Just Do" A Pokemon Fanfic.

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
right there in front of me...

Bolded corrections :)

"Sabrina came to my attention when I heard of her amazing abilities as a psychic."

He nodded his head back towards the two gym leaders behind him. "Juan and Elesa are just two of my many examples. Juan here is a gym leader, an excellent Trainer, and an already achieved top coordinator. He’s done so well by me that he’s even become the champion of Hoenn once upon a time."

Since they aren't proper nouns and the people are not being referred to with those terms they remain lower cased.

ghost whispering

---

Instead of quoting them all, here will be an explanation, I've seen a lot of your grammar improve, but you capitalize things that really do not need to be, and I guess it's good that you're trying to be sure, but here are a list of things that do not need capitalization unless some person, place, or thing is being called it.

trainer
coordinator
gym leader
champion of (insert region here [unless again you someone is calling someone the Champion Of "Region"]) -
"How does that make you feel, Champion of Hoenn?"

I hope you get my point.

---

One other question I have, do you just type your story straight into the Quick Reply box? You should be typing your story inside of a word processing program (preferably Microsoft Word or Microsoft Works Word Processor) A.) You have an idea of how long your story is up to that point and B.) You also have the help of spell check, though I must say that it does pick up everything so make sure that you proof-read, at least twice, if not even a third or fourth time!!!

Okay so that's it for this review, but I'm liking the mystery behind all this, and I'm glad to see that Mickey has some concerns and isn't just going along all trolly lolly laa without some concern, though it does seem a bit odd for the mayor of the city to pick up two random kids...but still, I'm liking it, and I want to see what you're going to do with the plot!

Last edited:

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
Bolded corrections :)

Since they aren't proper nouns and the people are not being referred to with those terms they remain lower cased.

---

Instead of quoting them all, here will be an explanation, I've seen a lot of your grammar improve, but you capitalize things that really do not need to be, and I guess it's good that you're trying to be sure, but here are a list of things that do not need capitalization unless some person, place, or thing is being called it.

trainer
coordinator
gym leader
champion of (insert region here [unless again you someone is calling someone the Champion Of "Region"]) -
"How does that make you feel, Champion of Hoenn?"

I hope you get my point.

---

One other question I have, do you just type your story straight into the Quick Reply box? You should be typing your story inside of a word processing program (preferably Microsoft Word or Microsoft Works Word Processor) A.) You have an idea of how long your story is up to that point and B.) You also have the help of spell check, though I must say that it does pick up everything so make sure that you proof-read, at least twice, if not even a third or fourth time!!!

Okay so that's it for this review, but I'm liking the mystery behind all this, and I'm glad to see that Mickey has some concerns and isn't just going along all trolly lolly laa without some concern, though it does seem a bit odd for the mayor of the city to pick up two random kids...but still, I'm liking it, and I want to see what you're going to do with the plot!

Thanks for all you've done to help me with the fic!

The reason I capitalize all those things is because when I look up information about certain Pokemon for inspiration, I sometimes come across things like that. They always put caps around things like Gym Leader and Pokemon Coordinator, regardless of them naming someone or not.

Sometimes yes, I do just type straight from 'PostReply' and not from Word...but I have this little add-on for my browser that checks my speeling as I type, the only reason I miss little things (like that incorrect version of 'spelling' a few words back) is that I have to manually turn it on/off....and it turns off every time I load a page...

I know that'd lead a lot of people to think that my stories end up lacking and might not be too good, but you could expect the same whether I'm on Word or not... because for some reason (don't ask me why) my computer was never installed with the 'SpellCheck' program when I received it.

No it's not an excuse, because I can always Spell Check online, but I just mostly remind myself to turn it on when I'm typing on the browser...because it'll still underline my mistakes with the red underline...

~~~

As for Chapter 6, if I don't post it up today it's because I just randomly started a new Dynasty Warriors fic, and I may be posting that on fanfiction by the end of today.

Just know you can all expect it by tomorrow, or sometime very soon the day after.

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Haha okay, well I'm not sure where but I think the rules state that it should be typed in a word processing program, but still, make sure that you are proof reading though because a Spell Check does not know exactly what you're trying to say so you always have to be careful.

One thing I've also noticed, slow down! This is why you might have some of the errors that you have, once you type something up you want to get it straight on to the internet so that everyone can see it, and that's not a bad thing, but that leaves rooms for error. Take your time while you are working on your fics! This way you can formulate all the plot out and then it also helps you when it comes that description I keep telling you about.

Travis was a trainer, he had blue eyes and brown hair. It was his first battle and he was determined to win it. Grabbing a red and white Pokeball from his belt, he released his Bulbasaur on to the battlefield. His opponent, Ian, who was standing across from him had dark brown hair and glowing green eyes, smirked and through his Pokeball into the air releasing a Charmander.

I typed that portion right off the top of my head in under a minute flat, now I'm going to think out some details and try that paragraph again.

Travis slid his hand all along his belt in search of the Pokeball he chained to it moments ago. When he came across something that was only slightly bigger than a marble, he unchained it and pressed the white button in the center. The ball grew to about the size of a fully grown apple. With a small toss, the ball flew into the air. Spinning around a couple of times, the ball shot open with a red light furiously searching for it's way to the ground. The light began to take on shape. After a few seconds, a small green Pokemon stood on all fours, looking up to Travis with big, red eyes.

Across the field, another young man smirked while tossing his Pokeball up and down in his hand. He stared at Travis with dark green eyes in hopes of making him feel slightly more uncomfortable and awkward than he already did. With a firm toss, the Pokeball flew high in the air, releasing from it on orange lizard Pokemon.

"Let's do this." Ian continued to smirk

That took me a little bit longer, and I haven't even gone to proof read that but I know if I were to look back on it and rethink some of the details, I could probably work out something that's pleasant to read.

Not that this story has been bad or anything, just take your time, don't rush!

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Okay, I'm finally going to be more specificer in a review to you, as per your request. As Lucario states, don't rush it. It'll just hurt the quality, and I doubt many would think quality-for-quickness is a good trade (I'm looking at YOU McDonalds).

The things I like in stories are: a good plot, believable characters you can feel emotion for, decent humor, and excellent use of adjectives.

And, I'm happy to say, your story has some of 'em pretty well done. The plot, that's something I'll make a solid decision on at the end. But, a great start to a plot is keeping the readers interested, and you've done that. Your introduction to each chapter and the fact that loads of gym leaders have been "chosen" by Mister Fox is a very well done motivation to keep reading.

As for the characters, Billy and Mickey just seem like a great duo, like how Harry, Ron and Hermione are a great trio. Though theirs is a bit more destructive, it works greats as a story. Billy's general hopelessness and Mickey's British accent combined with his temper, it's just hilarious.

Speaking of hilarity, the humor of the story is pretty great, especially in the prologue (Garde being a boy and whatnot) and 1st chapter (Kriketune playing a funeral song as Mickey attempted to kill Billy). If you can incorporate some more humor of that quality into your fiction, it'll be read like hotcakes.

Wonderful indispensable adjectives. Yeah, adjectives are what paint the pictures in the participant's head, your story could benefit quite a bit form more of them, as well as similes and metaphors. Vivid ones that portray accurately what's happening without getting too wordy. Like vivacious.

Others may disagree with me, but I like this story, and intend to continue reading. :)

Last edited:

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
Chapter 6: So I Herd You Liek Kontezts... ?

Chapter 6: So I Herd U Liek Kontezts... ?

... ... ...

...It would appear that meeting so many of the Regions' Gym Leaders and Elites have taken its toll on the boys...

...Well, more so Mickey than Billy...

...I suppose meeting Volkner at such a prime estate while having just been hired caused some concern to the letter...

...But...Still...

...Thank whatever gods allowed it that I didn't have to be the one to have told them that he'd be joining the Contest fray as well...
… … …

Mr. Fox led everyone into the next room of the mansion; the kitchen. I looked amazing. Really modern with touches of old Louisianian themed contraband. The table was long, at least three full dining tables wide, and was set up with bowls of fruit and shiny silverware. The flowers that were added also gave it a nice touch; the boys were awe-stricken.

"Miss. Lenoire?" Fox called with a cuff around his mouth. "You in here, darlin’?"

"Oh!" a soft, beautiful voice sounded from the next room. "Is that you, John?"

"Yes ma’am! Come on in here, sweetheart! I’ve got some people I want you to meet…"

Miss Lenoire peeked her round head in from the corner, and circled around to fit the tray of coffee she was holding into the room. "Well who are these two, Johnathan?" she asked passing warm smiles between them. "Did you found some poor orphan children off the street?"

…Their smiles faded into small scowls.

Mr. Fox, or Johnathan from what they’d heard, began to chuckle lightly. Elesa continued on with her songs, and Juan cracked a faint smile as he observed the two "orphaned children".

"No, no." Fox said. "These are my two new employees!"

Miss Lenoire’s light blue eyes sparkled. "Aww! But they’re so young! You sure they’ll work out?"

"Oh, I’m sure they’ll do just fine." Fox said as he cheerfully patted Billy on the back. Their expressions didn’t change for a while. No matter how sweet and adorable the young woman appeared, it was still insulting to refer to them in such a way.
"How about serving us all some of your fine southern cuisine?"

Miss Lenoire fixed the hairpiece back into her golden blonde bun and nodded cutely. She turned to enter back into the kitchen once more, the train to her silken white summer dress flying across the room to keep up with her nimble movements.

Mr. Fox gestured Juan and Elesa to the chairs at the head of the long wooden table, then addressed the boys to sit as well. Mickey sat on Billy’s right at the head of the table, then Juan took the third seat next to him. Mr. Fox sat on the right side of the table, Elesa taking the first chair across from Billy.

The room grew silent as Elesa finally turned off her music and returned Klinklang to it’s Pokeball. She looked at him and smiled warmly, making him blush. It soon occurred to Billy though that the cause of the gesture may have been from the fact that she had two smaller earphones playing in her ear.

Miss Lenoire re-emerged a few minutes after, a delectable spread in tow. It silenced the mindless chatter that everyone started, as they all mostly commented on her cooking.

"Ah, Miss Lenoire!" Mr. Fox said happily as he clasped his two plump hands together. "I do always enjoy your brand of cooking ma’am!"

Miss Lenoire beamed embarrassingly as she wiped her messy hand on her blue blouse. The colors meshed nicely enough where you could hardly tell she had done so, but it was still in bad tastes to Mickey.

"Why thank you, Johnathan…" she said with a flushed expression. Fox removed his hat and bowed his head to her solemnly. "Well how’s about I start passing out the spread, then?"

Fox turned to the boys as he pulled out his cell phone. He merely pressed one button and placed it back into his left pocket before he spoke. "You’re both gonna enjoy Simone’s cooking something special, I tell you…" he said with a flustered grin and batted eyes towards "Simone".

Billy and Mickey shared a quick look between themselves and nodded with no further question.

Seems like somebodies gotta love-life huh, Mickey? Billy whispered past Mr. Fox’s glare.

Mickey nodded in response. Yeah… It’s making me sick…

they both began to snicker as people began to file in the room and take their seats.

Mr. Fox stood and held up the clean wine glass in front of him as Miss Lenoire placed his meal down in front of him. "Mmm! My absolute favorite!" he said as he stared down at the steaming hot plate of seafood. After he batted another look at her, he directed his glass to gesture at the two boys.
"Everyone!" he proclaimed loudly so his voice could reach the end of the table.

No one seems to care too much that he just stood up on the table… Mickey said as he slowly picked up his glass as well.

Miss Lenoire began pouring a bubbly golden substance into Mr. Fox’s glass. "Oh, thank you, darlin!" he said. "I’d like you all to meet your two new co-workers!" Mr. Fox sniffed his nose at Billy, who caught on and stood automatically. "This here is Billy, he’s going to be our new coordinator here in Sinnoh!"

A voice chimed in as they sat down next to Mr. Fox. "Yeah?" they asked, voice stoic and uncaring. "And who’s the pipsqueak?"

Mickey’s frustration rose as he stood and slammed his fists on the table. "I am not a bloody ‘pipsqueak’" he spat at the word as he eyeballed the blonde menace. "…you blimey twit!"

The blonde spiky haired kid rolled his eyes and turned his gaze towards the other end of the table. "Tsk, tsk, tsk…" he started. "Temper, temper…He’s a live wire, Fox…"

Mickey snarled as Fox lowered his glass from sipping on it slightly. "Now, now, Volkner…" he said addressing the boy and his smug expression. "Let’s all be civil," he passed a look at Mickey as well, who sat once he’d caught on. Billy did the same. "Now this here is Mickey, he’s gonna be filling in the quota we need for the League this year…"

To this, "Volkner" finally addressed Mickey with a surprised glare. "What?!" he yelled as a girl about his age sat next to him. "He’s entering the League too?!"

Mr. Fox rolled his eyes at the question. He took another small sip and answered. "Volkner, now you can’t expect me to enter just ten Trainer’s in this year can you?" Volkner’s eyes never left Mickey, and vice-versa. "Like I said, we have a quota…" he gave Billy and Mickey expectant glares respectively. "And these two are gonna fill ‘em…"

Billy turned to Mickey just after receiving his food, but Mickey was too busy meeting eyes with Volkner to respond. Instead, Billy addressed Mr. Fox.

"So…your saying, we’re both coordinators…and we’re going to enter the League?" he asked.

Fox nodded. "That’s right. I’ve seen your potential, son. You’re going to definitely go far while being under me." Staring at Mickey, he finished. "Both of you are…"
"Now let’s all get along here and act civilized around one another, okay?"

Everyone murmured their understandings from all across the room.

"Alright then!" he said hopping down from the table and retreating into his chair. "Let’s eat!"

Volkner scoffed and turned to his plate of food, which he began to scarf down angrily.

Mickey did the same as he averted his gaze to his food. What’s it to him if I enter the League or not!? Mickey thought angrily as he bit into a random chunk of his meal.

Just then, something amazing hit the two. Billy and Mickey’s tastebuds felt as if they’d been played around with by an expert high school marching band. Mickey’s face lit up with a blush, as Billy sank lightly into his chair with a relieving sigh. Uncontrollably, they both began eating wildly, stuffing their palettes with another bite before almost gagging on the fine cuisine.

"…What was it that you said you wanted to be, son?" Mr. Fox asked from his position across the table.

Mickey looked up from his food with a stuffed mouth. After he swallowed hard, he attempted to answer the question, only to choke on the poorly chewed remnants of it. A swift array of coughs and gags sounded next, then Juan roughly pounded Mickey in the back. Juan just somehow knew the boy wasn’t actually in danger; the food just refused going down was the problem…

Billy watched Mickey drink huge gulps of the juice Mrs. Lenoire left out for them and answered for with with sly giggles. "Well Mr. Fox," he said. "I want to be an Pokemon Coordinator."

He gestured over to Mickey, his eyes bugled out from almost dying at the dinner table. "Whereas my friend here wants to complete the League and challenge the Champion…"

Mr. Fox looked impressed by this. "’Complete the League’, eh?" he said. "Well how many Badges have you collected?"

Mickey gasped for air as the food slipped down and landed hard in his stomach.

Well that’s gonna be hard to digest…Mickey thought with an distasteful look. He wiped away the tear in his right eye, then affixed his glasses back onto his face before responding.

"…Thanks, Juan…" he said with a flash of his hand.

Juan didn’t respond, he merely rolled his eyes at nothing.

Mickey reached onto the floor and grabbed his bag, pulling out the same Badge Case he’d shown to the Gym Leader of Sootopolis. The set gleamed and sparkled as he showed it to Fox.

"I have a lot of Badges, sir." He said as he flipped to the badges he’d earned from Hoenn first. He turned the case around to show them to Mr. Fox, and everyone seemed impressed as they looked. "I’ve already gotten all the Badges from Hoenn and 3 from when I was in Johto too!" Mickey flipped to the slide in Kanto.
"But…" he said sadly. "I don’t have any from this region…"

Elesa looked highly impressed, as did Volkner, but he tried his damn near hardest not to show it. Mickey saw the twitch that Volkner let off as he feigned a stoic appearance, making him grow a huge satisfied grin.

"That’s why we both came here!" Billy said wiping his mouth with his sleeve, receiving a glance from Mr. Fox. "Oh! Uhm…"

"All Billy here needs is one more ribbon and he can enter the grand festival. I need two more, just like I need two more Badges. One from here, and the other from Candace in Snowpoint City…" He shot a quick look to Volkner as he spoke about his particular city.

"I need six more badges…" Billy shamefully said. "I haven’t really been too active in Sinnoh." He pulled out his red Badge Case from his pocket and it opened up with a chime. "The only two I have are the Cobble Badge from Maylene in Veilstone, and the Relic Badge from Fantina in Hearthome…"

"…After meeting Fantina," Mickey continued. "Billy got more into Contests" With a passing glance from the corner of his eye, Mickey finished. "…and beauty pageants…" Mickey said through gritted teeth, making Billy sink into his chair again.

Mr. Fox listened intently on the ensuing conversation, then looked to Volkner for his response, getting nothing of the sort. "Well Volkner?" he said, attempting to force it out. "You up for a Gym Battle? He only needs two more…"

Volkner finished his food and dropped his spoon to the table with a hard metallic clang. Without a word he stood up from the table and exited the Dining Room.

To shun an awkward moment away, the girl that sat on his left spoke up. "Sorry about Volkner," she said with a shrug. "He tends to get like that around the new guys. It was actually strange to see him speak up like that, though."

She flexed her arm around in her chair and smiled with a giggle, "I remember you two, believe it or not! Haha, it wasn't that long ago now that I think about it..."

That’s what she calls it? Mickey thought recalling the bubbly girls words. Then, it struck him. Wait, did she just say…?

"Hey!" Billy yelled pointing to her and her bright red hair. "I do remember you!"

Mickey thought she looked familiar, especially with the small flaming symbol on her dark black t-shirt. He just couldn’t quite place where he knew her from.

Billy nudged Mickey with his shoulder before speaking again. "You’re Flannery! Flannery from Lavaridge Town!"

Flannery blushed and scratched the back of her head. "Come on!" she laughed. "Remember? I told you not to be so formal with me!"

She and Billy shared a reminiscent laugh as it came back to Mickey who she was.

Flannery noticed Mickey’s confused expression and spoke to him over the idle chatter from different Trainers across the table. "Still don’t remember me, huh?" she asked as she observed him staring at the Heat Badge.

She playfully nudged Billy as she walked over to them. "Hiya, Juan!" she playfully said, knowing of his quiet, appertained demeanor.

Juan waved a slight hello in return to the fellow Gym Leader of Hoenn, but that was all he was going to allow himself to do.

With a giggle, Flannery turned back to Mickey and Billy. "Maybe this will jog your memory:…" she said, affixing her posture to a more boasted and regal form. Billy knew right off hand what she was about to do, and mimicked her position as he stood next to her.

They both bent down, Flannery’s hair flipping over her head resembling a wild blaze, then they started making rock star noises with their tongues out in irregular proportions. It was amusing to Billy, remembering how when they first met it was at an Pokemon Contest in Hoenn. Then Mickey remembered how Flannery was the lead guitarist for a band out in Hoenn, the Burning Slugma.

When it all flooded back, even though he cursed at himself for forgetting something like that, Mickey stood up with the duo and mocked their actions happily. This went on for about a minute or so, all three mumbling the same tunes to one of Flannery’s rock songs, until Mr. Fox gave them all an uninterested look causing Mickey to regain his composure and take his seat again.

Billy and Flannery caught on to this and quickly scurried over to take theirs as well. Then, Mr. Fox continued.

Mickey shot one last look at Flannery before something that had been ailing him sparked up again. "Mr. Fox?" he asked getting his attention back. "Why do you have all these Gym Leaders and Elites around like this? Why aren’t they in their Regions doing all of their duties?"

Mr. Fox’s eyes narrowed as he scrambled for an answer. He noticed Juan shy away to another conversation with two more adult Trainers across from him, and quickly assumed he was on his own.

"Well Mickey, " he said reluctantly as Flannery flipped on her Pokedex and began typing away. "Sometimes, I schedule different times to have different Leaders come over. It helps to keep everyone up-to-date so that I can further along my plans…"

"What plans?" Billy asked as he nonchalantly played around in the rest of his undesired food.

Fox pretended not to hear the question as he turned to Mickey once more.

"Well, I guess Volkner isn’t gonna give you that battle just yet, Mickey…" he said dropping a napkin from his mouth. "But how’s about you two enter the upcomin’ Contest here in Sunyshore?"

Billy’s blue eyes sparkled brightly. "Contest!?" he beamed. "Here?"

Fox nodded happily at Billy’s enthusiasm, but that didn’t mean Juan and Mickey were slightly intrigued as well.
"That’s right, it’s scheduled for tomorrow at the new Contest Hall. I’m sure you two’ll make the dead line if you sign up today..."

Flannery closed up her Pokedex with an agreeable nod. "He’s right, the dead-line is today at 6 o’clock. It’s only…" she took a reluctant peek at her watch. "…3:15 now!"

"Excellent!" Mr. Fox yelled out. "I’ll have Paul drive you over in a few minutes!" Until then…" he looked over at Billy’s messy white sleeve and gave him an weakish glare. "You two might want to clean yourselves up a bit. Miss Lenoire’ll take your plates if your finished…"

With a nod, and an embarrassed grin from Billy, the boys stood and dismissed themselves from the table…

"Hey, Billy…" Mickey said.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Why is it that whenever we bring up something about our jobs, Mr. Fox keeps ignoring us?"

Billy thought about this for a second, and then laughed quietly. "We only asked about our jobs like…one time, Mickey" he said, obviously not keeping count. "And plus, he probably just didn’t hear me that time! My head was down, you know?"

Mickey wasn’t satisfied, but remained silent as they walked past the many different Trainers to exit the dining room. "Yeah…" he said. "I guess your right…" even though he wasn’t. "I’ll be upstairs in the bathroom, getting ready. You should probably do the same…"

ALRIGHT! Chapter 6 is done!

But I have a slight side-plot that I'm going to place inside of here!

To sort of..."TEST"...my descriptive skills as of late, I'm going to have the boys enter a Pokemon Contest. Maybe then you all can see if my skills have improved or not..

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Okay so I read through and there were a couple of format errors, like you forgot to hit enter twice or something but nothing too major.

I noticed that sometimes you use an where it should be a, if the word before the a has a consonant (like there) then you use an a and if the word starts with a vowel, you use an, I've noticed it a lot and I figure it's probably a typing habit more or less but I figured I'd point it out.

Good chapter! We learn a lot about Mickey and Billy here, their very talented kids!

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
My WHOLE life I've been trying to figure out how the heck the whole an/a rule goes!

Wait... or is it a/an because I put "had" after it? ...0_o UGH!

I just can't seem to get it right! T_T""" !!

But thanks Legend and Chansey and all the others for your help! And yeah, now that I think about it, you actually DO seem to learn alot about them here...

Hopefully I didn't make them too ...I dunno... too unbelievably good? Maybe that's the word for it...

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
My WHOLE life I've been trying to figure out how the heck the whole an/a rule goes!

Wait... or is it a/an because I put "had" after it? ...0_o UGH!

I just can't seem to get it right! T_T""" !!

But thanks Legend and Chansey and all the others for your help! And yeah, now that I think about it, you actually DO seem to learn alot about them here...

Hopefully I didn't make them too ...I dunno... too unbelievably good? Maybe that's the word for it...

No, no, they're believable, I just didn't know that they were that experienced all ready. I mean with proper training and care I'm sure someone could earn those badges and ribbons, I honestly thought they were blossoming trainers but it appears there is much more than just that!

Last edited:

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
Okay , I'm going to attempt to revive this fic a little bit !

I know I've been AWOL for a good while, but I'm going o re-read all my other Fic chapters and attempt to make the next Chapter to this ! Hopefully if I message you all I can get you to continue to read over and enjoy "Don't Think, Just Do" !

Until then , I'm currently in : Read & Review Mode , ...

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
Hey remember me? I bet hardly anyone does. I've been AWOL for forever. Don't feel left out.

You'd be smart in reviving this; it was good. My fanfic came and went. I plan on posting it again, but for now, do not let me use this post for cheap advertisments.

I hope your story will be as good in 5 chapters as it has been this entire time.

bookauthor1123

Changing Altitudes
Chapter 7: The Funny Thing About Ol' Volkner (I'm Baaaacccckkkkk!!!!) ^__^

Chapter Seven: The Funny Thing About Ol' Volkner...

... ... ...

It may have been a brief moment in time sure...

But there WAS a brief moment where I despised Contests and the like...

... ... ...

Throughout my long years,

there have only been three people who've ever made me see

a sort of different perspective of it all...

... ... ...

I wonder how Wallace is doing, by the way?...

... ... ...

Mr. Fox didn't see the group off once everyone was ready to leave. As a matter of fact, after lunch, no one could even find Mr. Fox; and Mickey's suspicions rose up again. Its was 4:23 now, and the group that was interested in signing up for the Contest all filed in and filled the limousine with conversation and life.

No one of any importance made their way to join everyone to the Contest Hall downtown. At least no one worth Billy or Mickey's recognition. Elesa and Flannery weren't planning on staying long. They were both there on business, and Elesa had to go back to her Gym in Unova once Mr. Fox told her... well... Whatever it was he had to say to her in private. Billy and Mickey weren't allowed to hear much of that part. As for Flannery, her band, Burning Slugma, had a rush performance back in her hometown in Hoenn.

...But I promise I'll make it to see you guys in the next one! Billy remembered as he and Mickey watched Flannery get picked up by helicopter outside the mansion walls. I wonder if she'll really make it? he thought with a soft sigh.

Billy found his place next to Mickey, who didn't seem too focused on anything in reality to even acknowledge the fact that their clothes were still in the house.

...Along with someone's favorite red jacket... Billy thought sourly. Billy could feel the disgruntled grimace on his face, mostly aimed at Mickey's silence, and scrutinized himself for how he'd been acting just like Mickey would have...or should have.

Speaking of Mickey, Billy slowly began to catch on to whatever it was that had his attention. Or so he thought.

"I'm going too!" Volkner announced.

"WHAT?" Mickey yelled in a fit.

Mr. Fox looked slightly taken aback by Volkner's proclamation. "Really?" he asked. "Well, why all of a sudden you wanna take up Coordinatin'?"

Volkner's sharp blue-eyed gaze met the darkness in Mickey's. Billy could almost feel the tension between the two as they both glared daggers into each others heads. Although, that really wouldn't amount to anything seeing as Billy's mind was almost literally wrapped around Elesa before she left.

A cold grin stretched across the side of Volkner's face, just wide enough to avoid Mr. Fox seeing it, but just enough to taunt Mickey with. "I dunno..." he shrugged, obviously lying. "Just thought the crowd deserved some real talent
in the ranks..."

Mickey's brow furrowed in anger, but before he could get to yelling again, Fox spoke first.

"Hahahaha! Splendid! Splendid! That'll be two Gym Leaders in appearance at the contest tomorrow night!"

Two? Billy thought. "But, who's the first one if Volkner isn't-"

"That would be me!" Juan said, a boastful demeanor to his facade as he'd cut Billy off.

"Juan?" Mickey said dumbfounded. "Are you even allowed to bring two Gym Leader into a competition like that? Seems like an unfair disadvantage to everyone else..."

Juan snickered under the brow of his pencil thin mustache. "Yes, it is... But however unfair, it's completely allowed in Sunnyshore."

To this Mr. Fox nodded with an agreeing grunt, eyes closed in thought.

Juan continued. "As the Mayor, Mr. Fox allowed guest appearances of certain Gym Leader and Elites...Dozens at a time on most days..."

The boys gasped to this, to which Volkner rolled his eyes, mostly at Mickey though.

"So... even Elite Four come to Sunnyshore City?" Billy asked.

"Yes, more times than necessary really..." Juan replied. "That's why most people would agree that the Sunnyshore Festival Contest Hall ribbon is one of the hardest to acquire. It's quite a difficult task..."

Suddenly, it became clear to the boys how severe a job Mr. Fox had given them. No matter how much faith he had in the two, Fox would actually put them up against Gym Leaders and Elites from all over the Pokemon world just for one competition? ...What happens if they fail?

Volkner's devilish grin returned, along with the silvery glare in his sea blue eyes. "What's, wrong little Mickey?" he asked mockingly. "You seem a little...overwhelmed...?"

Mickey immediately snapped out of whatever phase he was in and slashed his glare back at Volkner.

"Overwhelmed? No, not in the slightest, mate!" he started to grow a little devilish grin of his own. "You're the one who should be a little worried. Seeing as I'm gonna take that ribbon...and your Gym Badge too once I mop the dirty floor with you in your Gym!"

The two began to nudge foreheads with one another, lighting could almost be seen exchanging currents as the two forced each others momentum away. Juan wanted to interject; to tell them that they aren't the only two people in the competition tomorrow...to tell them that he was in the competition tomorrow as well...

...Sigh...

...this is why I so despise Contests...

And that was the end of that. It seemed like there where at least 3 people that Mickey knew he needed to watch out for; Billy, Juan... and him...

Bloody twit! he thought with a shark toothed grimace perched low on his face. His left hand covered the bottom half of his jaw though, taking away any satisfaction Volkner would have had from seeing him upset. I can't even focus on Fox with this 'blimey idiot glaring at me!

Billy looked around at the other faces in the car, ignoring the only two that couldn't keep their eyes off each other for more than a minute. Collectively, it was around 12 people in the limousine. A fair amount of boys as the amount of girls. It was one-to-one by Billy's guess, although he made sure to double-check...and even triple-check at that, just to be safe.

"Okay yea..." he whispered to himself as he began pointing at heads one last time. "Yeah, it's 12. Six boys. Six girls."

In the vehicle, it Was Billy at the window seat furthest towards the other side, and Mickey sat on his left. Across from Mickey was Volkner, of course, and Juan sat in front of Billy on Volkner's left. Four other people, one other boy and three girls all sat on Billy's row, while the rest filled in the seats on Juan's row.

Everyone soon began having their own private conversations, seeing as the end of the rows they were seated in were occupied by 'anti-social weirdos', as one girl described them.

Oh come on! Billy lamented, his face plastered against the car window. This isn't how I wanted to meet my new co-workers!

Juan merely let out a heavy sigh, and flipped the fringe of white hair that rested on his head. With a yawn he let his head rest on his knuckles, slowly beginning to drift off to sleep amidst the silence. Thinking Juan did this so that Billy would have to deal with Mickey should he and Volkner get into another screaming match, he followed suit and drifted off to sleep as well, his face still mushed and deformed against the window pane.

Billy's gaze faded in and out as he tried to recollect where he was. When he finally 'came too' he was in a mysterious winter wonderland of snow. The likes of which he'd never seen before. Everything felt so real to him. The shivering cold, the warmth of his short breaths as he'd breathe and step into them. All so real...

'Wow...' he said. 'Where am I?'

Billy heard a hard sniffle behind him, then someone spoke up.

'You're at Sinow, Billy!' a tiny voice from behind him said.

'Who said that?' Billy yelled frantically.

Suddenly, something pulled at his leg and he turned around in fright, trying to play it off by forming a random ninja pose and making Bruce Lee noises. The tiny person wasn't phased...

'Who are you?' he asked dumbfounded by the voices small physique.

'Wow, you sure do ask a lot of questions don't you?' the small body asked with a tilted head. 'I'm Cubchoo. I'm a Pokemon!'

Billy's eyes widened more in fright as he bounced back. 'And you can talk!' he yelled.

[Another question...] The Pokemon said as it shook it's head. 'Geez, calm down will ya'?' I know you've seen a talking Pokemon before haven't ya?'

Billy raised his finger to his chin in thought. 'Well... only on television..' He looked down at the Pokemon, who looked back and snorted really hard to keep the mucus from falling out any further. '...But...I've never heard one talk to me in reality.'

His body shivered a little as a small breeze blew past in the snow.

Cubchoo's eyes turned up in astonishment. 'Really? You haven't heard us talk yet?... At all?"

Billy shook his head as he let out another breath, the white puffs getting shorter and shorter from his quivering body.

'Well...' Cubchoo said looking over his body and back at Billy. 'I can see how this'd be awkward for you now...'

'Uhm...Well where am I? Is this still Sinnoh...like you said?'

'Yes it is...Well, actually...' Cubchoo correcting himself. 'No...no it's not...'

'It's not?' Billy looked around at all the snow and the thick mist overlayed around him. 'Then...what is this place?'

'Hmm... never really thought about that... Guess it's whatever you want it to be...' Cubchoo responded.

To this, Billy raised his finger to his mouth again, thinking about everything that was going on in his mind all at once. Cubchoo's face grew a tad bit complacent.

'I can see this is a little...much for you right now...' the small bear said over another snorting gesture. 'How's about I show you?'

Billy was slightly pushed to the side as Cubchoo walked behind him and rubbed his stubby hands together. The small puff for a tail that he had wiggled and tiny specks of ice trickled down in a soft, powdery motion. Billy just stared, skeptical of what was gonna happen next, but giving all of his attention nonetheless.

Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, a gigantic polar bear-like creature started roaring madly in Billy's face; its icy cold breath chilling the tiny hairs on his complexion.

Then , in the same instant, he was...awake?

Huh? he thought, looking around with obscured vision. Where am I now?...

"WAKE UP, YOU TWIT!" Mickey screamed from the top of his lungs, startling Billy.

"Must you be so loud?" Volkner said with his hands covering his ears.

"Quiet, you!" he quickly retorted. He turned back to Billy in the limousine as Volkner smugly scoffed and walked away. "And you, get up! We're here..."

"Here?" Billy asked rubbing his baggy eyes. "Where's here?"

"Geez, you ask a lot of questions!" Mickey yelled tugging him out of the car.

Deja Vu ... Billy thought as he was pulled from the back of his collar into an unknown building. ...Why couldn't he remember why part of this seemed so familiar though?

After a few more steps, Billy was forcefully dropped onto the ground with a hard thud.

"Ow!" He yelled rubbing the soon-to-be knot on the back of his head. "What did you do that for?"

"Now look what you've gone and did!" Mickey said in his dialect, ignoring the question. Exasperated, he threw his hands to his head at the scene before him.

Billy dragged himself up and walked up next to him to see what he was looking at. "What?" he asked. "What'd I do?"

Mickey glared at him with tired eyes. "You've gone and made us the last in line, that's what ya'did, you twit!"

"You know, you can be nicer..." Billy said with a frown.

"Nicer?" Mickey repeated, almost jokingly. He reached into his belt and unlatched a Pokeball, making Billy cringe as he took notice of which one it was. The Pokeball inflated as he spoke. "Why, you're lucky I don't call out Maestro to come and-"

"Well, well, well..." called a voice from in front.

The two turned to face Volkner, who was tauntingly tapping his foot on the floor in a mocking gesture. "Looks like you two have gotta file in at the end of the line..."

Mickey was about to burst, but Billy spoke before him.

"Wait" he said, raising his finger to his chin "You got here a while before us...so...why are you back here with us too?"

The question caught Volkner off guard, causing him to loss his footing and drop hard onto the Contest Hall floor. He got up embarrassed, scratching the back of his head.

"Uhm...well you see...-"

"- You're in the back of the line too aren't you, Volkner boy?" Mickey said devilishly.

Volkner's glare faltered and he was taken aback at the situation. Defeated, he simply tossed Mickey a dirty glare and turned around to walk off; but something stopped him cold, and he froze. Mickey and Billy watched as a figure walked past him, Volkner's eyes following them with every step they took. The boys exchanged a confused look, shrugging it off since neither could come up with anything to say that would accompany the situation. They just simply watched as Volkner's face turned into a constricted grimace, the victim of the look not even paying it any mind seeing as they'd merely walked past a few seconds before.

The man had on a short-sleeved white dress shirt, over an outstretched black turtle neck and slightly faded khaki pants. He had on green sneakers, but that's not what caught Mickey by surprise. Underneath a black and white baseball cap and tied in a loose fiery ponytail that stopped just about his waist, was a full head of green flowing hair. It covered the base of his eyes and gave him an ominous look, at least for that brief moment under the room light that they had all say him.

Billy was the one who'd pointed out all the weird jewelry the man wore. He had this weird symbol on a string that he wore around his neck, and what looked like a set of building blocks around his waist, held to it by a thick looking chain. The bracelets he wore made the most noise as he walked by, each arm with a different looking set of armbands than the other. He may have looked ominous and disheveled but, strangely, Billy seemed to get a good vibe from him. Was it because he knew this man from somewhere?

...Maybe there's not too much bad about this guy after all... Mickey thought with a small laugh to himself. If he can make Volkner act like thatthen he must not be all that bad!...

"...N..." Volkner said through gritted teeth.

"'N'?" Billy repeated nudging Mickey for some kind of explanation.

"Don't ask me..." Mickey said trying to figure it out himself. Then, he suddenly got the devilish look into his eyes again. "...But it looks like someone has some information about him." He pointed over to Volkner, who was now freely moving, or at least breathing...which was a start.

Volkner's pupils grew a little bigger in his eyes, and he returned to normal. Then, without turning back to Mickey and Billy, he finally spoke. "..His name... His name's Negative..."

"Negative?" Mickey said.

"Wow..." Billy laughed. "His name's that bad?" He and Mickey chucked together as they tried to determine what it actually was.

"Maybe it's like a codeword for something?" Mickey suggested, humored by the concept, but mostly trying to get under Volkner's skin.

"Oooh yeah!" Billy agreed with a heavy nod. "Maybe it's like 'Wiener McStinkyPants'!"

"Haha! What? It's gotta be something worse than that! That name's just terrible!"

"Hmm...yea you're right..." Billy thought again for a second. "How about-"

"What? No!" Volkner yelled, turning around to face them again in annoyance. "N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E!" he spelled it out while gesturing the letters in front of them in thin air. "That guy's name is Negative!"

Billy and Mickey stared at Volkner for a second, their eyes revealing nothing in particular, which threw Volkner off for a second.

"Uhm...yea..." Billy finally said. "We got that part. Since you won't tell us what his name IS, we're trying to find out for ourselves..." He turned back to Mickey and kept making quieter suggestions to hide the crudeness of his guesses. Mickey replied to his suggestions with small snickers and sometimes a hard laugh that he'd have to muffle with the cuff of his hand.

Finished with the two boys, he turned back around and walked up to the end of the line, scrambling his eyes around looking for the man along the way.

Idiots... he thought before finally placing himself behind one of the Coordinators, waiting in the line that went on for almost a mile at best...

Mickey watched him walk off from the corner of his eye, thinking that somehow, he might not know how yet, but somehow he'd just beaten Volkner at his own little "mind-game"...

End of Chapter 7

I'm pretty sure everyone can tell who the mysterious guy who's made even Volkner freeze up is, right? I had to put my favorite Gen5 character in this story somehow, and with what I've got in store for this story thus far, I think he's just the BEST pick for this plot twist! ^_^ , alright Comments are always welcome so please REVIEW ! TTYL

And sorry for the whole AWOL thing ... You guys have NO IDEA what I've been going through to get this chapter typed... -__- But! Here it is and I hope you enjoy it!