• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't Touch That Dile! (119)

Good episode, Suicune' appearance was nice and it was funny to see Prof.Elm constantly yap about

Battra

A very good episode, it ranks as one of my all time favorites. It's interesting that Ash saw Suicune as he was beginning his journey in Johto, it harks back to when he saw Ho-oh at the beginning of his Kanto journey. It was nice how Prof. Elm referenced Jimmy, Marnia, and Vincent getting their respective Pokemon that we see in "The Legend of Thunder" special. The opening theme to Johto Journeys is also one of my favorite opening themes.

Battra

Still a favorite of mine, it was funny seeing TR dealing with Totodile as it is munching on Jessie's hair.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Thank goodness they were safe!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
For some reason I hate that episode

Tadashi

kiss my greens
That Totodile was awesome, the way it latched onto Jessie's hair :D

The plot reminds me of the GSC games, when the rival steals a Pokémon. I almost wish we had that plot, though. Would've made this episode a whole lot better. Nonetheless, it was still a good episode ^^

pokemon fan 132

Quite an interesting episode.This was the beginning of Johto saga and i liked how it started.Seeing Suicune in this episode was great along with Johto starters Totodile,Cyndaquil and Chikorita.The part with Totodile biting Jessies hair was funny and this was the first appearrance of proffesor Elm.

All in all i have no complaints,this was quite a solid episode.

dagon22

Charmander master!
I remember when I first say this episode. The Jhoto starter pokemon where so cute. I remember at the time, I was disapointed that chikorita wasn't in the episode, but cyndaquil was so cute!!

kemal07

:) one of my favourite episodes because it got me to decide that cyndaquil is the best starter ever

Torpoleon

Prof. Elm doesn't know what goe on. The Totodile got taken away right under his nose!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I knew this was an Iwane episode right from the very first minute - Satoshi and Kasumi's argument is brilliantly animated. Furthermore, Musashi-tachi have some hilarious facial expressions throughout, including that "oh crap" look that Musashi and Nyasu get when they realize Kojirou's already in the phone booth. And it goes without saying that Takeshi's romance-fueled fits of chivalry in his efforts to find Joi-san are virtuoso pieces of work.

The battle in Act II is downright epic, due in no small part to Iwane's stellar direction. Pikachu and Fushigidane and Zenigame and Lizardon vs. Arbok and Matadogas and Beroringa and Utsubot is probably one of the highlights of the series. I especially like the in-joke that comes at the end, where the four Rocket-dan Pokémon get blasted off separate from their trainers, and they all emit a four-syllable cry that's obviously supposed to be Pokémon speak for "Ya na kanji~!"

Utsugi-hakase is really funny, mostly 'cause you get the sense that he's drastically under-qualified for his job. Note that Ookido-hakase refers to him as "Utsugi-kun", meaning he clearly doesn't consider the guy as an equal. And I should mention that Waninoko's voice is adorably funny. "Wajiwajiwajiwaji..."

While I'm here, I might as well bring up the opening theme. "OK!" is easily one of my favorites. Every time it comes on, I completely forget that Jouto was full of boring, inconsequential fillers - this song puts me in the mood for adventure, no matter what! That part in the middle with the five synthesizer hits and the hyped-up shout of "HAI!" leading into Satoshi singing "Golden Sun and Silver Moon"...that's adrenaline, man. Oh, and I can't overlook "Nyasu's Party", the ending theme that launched with this episode. It's so delightfully goofy - and hey, anytime Inuyama Inuko sings as Nyasu, it's hilarious.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode.

I loved Totodile, it was very funny....

And Ash's pokemon, especially Charizard, were great.

9/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
OMG. One of the most memorable episodes ever since it was the start of Johto saga as well as Suicune's anime debut. I loved how absent-minded Professor Elm was in the anime. His lack of attentiveness almost allowed Totodile to fall into the wrong hands (Team Rocket's). I'm glad Cyndaquil appeared too since it's so cute, but since it didn't do much, I almost forgot it appeared in this episode. A 10/10 for the debut of Johto.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
This was an excellent start for the Johto saga, I think the Johto starters are my faves and the appearance of Suicune was cool. <3

The Team Rocket parts were hilarious and Ash, Misty & Brock still had chemistry among them. how I miss those times. :(

10/10 :)