• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't Touch That Dile! (119)

Sayho1234

After seeing the BW premiere episode I have to say that I've grown a much stronger appreciation for this episode! I'm sick and tired of the 1st episode of every new region being: Ash ditches his entire team (minus Pikachu), something horrible happens to Pikachu, Pikachu's power level gets reset, Ash meets a new girl, Pikachu fries the new girl's bike, etc. This particular episode is unique in the sense that it just simply goes onward with Ash's journey from the previous episode/saga, and I really like it alot that it just continues on with Ash's journey with respect for the audience who had followed his journey from the previous saga/regions :)!

The new premiere episodes of new regions just reboot it to the point where it just simply insults the audience's intelligence by showing Ash making really n00bish mistakes despite his experience from the previous sagas/regions, and by also pretending that the previous sagas/regions had never ever happened period.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The new premiere episodes of new regions just reboot it to the point where it just simply insults the audience's intelligence by showing Ash making really n00bish mistakes despite his experience from the previous sagas/regions, and by also pretending that the previous sagas/regions had never ever happened period.

I don't see where you get that. The start of AG and DP purposely made it clear he was a mature and experienced trainer.

Its only BW that seems to not make that obvious.

Vernikova

Champion
This episode was alright. Elm was a pretty cool guy since he doesn't pay much attention about the things around him since he's too wrapped up in his work. Other than that it was just pretty average and all.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok. When I 1st saw this, I was glad to see my favorite "group" of starters in the 1st episode. Unfortunately this episode set the stage for repeat starts for other regions' 1st episode... Professor Elm was cool.

20/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was cool. Professer Elm was very clumsy. Glad to see The 2nd gen starters and Totodile show some affection to Jessie :D.

7/10

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Chikorita!
I LOVE the Johto Journeys intro theme! :D Samuel Oak... lol. I wonder if that nurse Joy liked Professor Elm. Sort of seemed like it when she started talking about human relationships. Jessie whipping her hair back and forth with the Totodile on it was funny, and that Totodile was cute. I was sort of hoping we would see the Totodile meet its new trainer. Oh well, a great first episode for Johto!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Loved seeing Suicune at the beginning. This was probably my first time ever seeing it, so I found it very interesting. I also really liked the Totodile because I remember that I found it hilarious when it was biting down on Jessie's hair. The Cyndaquil was also very cute!

Swagsire

Well, Suicune was pretty sick! And we get to meet good ol' Totodile. Also, I love when Brock calls himself mature. I miss problem solver Brock Qwaa...;195;

7threst

Great great great introduction to Johto. Appearances of both a legendary Pokémon and the introduction of Johto's starter Pokémons. I think they did this greatly and it was unique in the way that it differentiated from the other first episodes from the other seasons.

Blessed

An excellent episode to start the Johto saga. I loved how Ash, Misty, & Brock saw a Suicune, It looked very pretty. It was so cute when Misty was tickling Cyndaquil. This episode was done greatly and it was unique. The Japanese opening for this season is the best and one of my favorites.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Professor Elm was my favourite here. Totodile was hilarious in Jessie's hair (no pun intended), and it was overall a great episode.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
Ahh...the only time where Ash didn't leave all his Pokémon in the previous region.
Decent episode...good way to start off Johto Journeys

NPT

Just a member
This episode was a good way start off the Johto saga. Brock joined Ash on his journey again after a long time, which was good. It's cool when Ash, Misty and Brock saw the legendary Suicune on their way to New Bark Town. I liked the scene where Brock was trying to a flowers to Officer Jenny and Misty pulled his ear, it was kinda funny. Brock holding Nurse Joy's hand all of sudden was random, but funny as well. It's nice to see Prof. Elm and the Johto starters, I'm glad Cyndaquil and Totodile appeared so early in the series. Totodile was funny in this episode, I liked the scene where Totodile bit Jessie's hair....it was hilarious.
This episode is memorable for me, because this is the only time when was the only time Ash didn't left his older Pokémon at Oak's ranch before going to a new region for starting a new journey.
I'm glad Iwane did the animation for this episode, the animation looked great.....especially the part where Ash and the others encountered Suicune.

zhixun

It seems that Waninoko and Musashi were inseparable for a while. Also it was quite rare to have Rocket Dan's all Pokémon were in action. Quite strange for Rocket Dan actually got blast off instead of being arrested by Junsa san unlike how Yamato and Kosaburo were earlier. Utsugi was quite oblivious in my opinion since he did not see something wrong when Rocket Dan take the Waninoko out.

Funny how absent-minded Professor Elm seems to be.
No wonder one of the starters went missing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Ash and friends wandering through foggy and gloomy woods at the start was creepy, but Suicune's appearance was great; I loved how symbolic it was for Ash and friends to see it as they arrived in Johto. I cackled when Team Rocket just wandered into Elm's lab, and that Totodile that bit Jessie's hair was so persistent.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked this episode cuz it began the Johto saga. Seeing Suicune at the beginning was awesome and Elm was so clumsy especially since he didn't even notice Team rocket stealing Totodile. Jessie getting her hair bitten by Totodile was funny. ^^