• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't Touch That Dile! (119)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Thinking back, even though it was humorous at first to watch Waninoko cling to Musashi's hair with its jaw clamped tightly shut, it seemed like the kind of gag that got tiresome really quick, especially since we would eventually see something similar happen to Nyasu involving Bull.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Elm is really funny, mostly because you get the sense that he's unqualified for his job.

Utsugi-hakase was quirky sure, yet there's no doubt that he had extensive knowledge of Pokemon and even Okido-hakase seemed to respect him, so he was qualified as a researcher.

When Ash saw Suicune I thought it was a Stantler or some other common Pokemon until I realized that it was a Legendary (I hadn't seen Suicune's design at that point yet). Elm was funnier than Oak, but also kind of dopey since he wasn't as good at paying attention as his superior was. I liked the Totodile scenes when he was nibbling on Jessie's hair. I kinda wish she had kept the Totodile.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Elm was funnier than Oak, but also kind of dopey since he wasn't as good at paying attention as his superior was..

I think it was mostly played for laughs, but it might have also had something to do with Okido-hakase's seniority over him and how Utsugi-hakase was still young compared to him. So his clumsiness could be excused.

I think it was mostly played for laughs, but it might have also had something to do with Okido-hakase's seniority over him and how Utsugi-hakase was still young compared to him. So his clumsiness could be excused.

I didn't know that Oak was that much older than Elm was but now I can see why Elm wasn't as experienced.

Johto began here and I liked that Suicune was the first Pokemon that Ash saw in the new region just like how he once saw Ho-Oh. Jessie stealing Totodile from Elm's lab felt like a waste of potential since Silver did that in the games and he deserved to show up here and do that instead. I did like that Totodile was too much for Jessie to handle though since it bit her hair and the Cyndaquil that Elm still had at the lab was so cute I wish Ash caught that one. 7/10

Dodododododo dododododo
Suicune! Nice to see my favorite legendary! Totodile was cute and it was funny seeing it clamp on Jessie's hair. I don't really like Professor Elm, he seems to egotistical. And why does Jigglypuff keep randomly appearing. The Cyndaquil was cute.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Just saw this for the first time today. I was wondering if I still liked the franchise after watching Pokémon Evolutions: the Champion. Could it all just be nostalgia?

No; it’s not all nostalgia. This was a good episode. Totodile was funny; Suicune was mysterious; the pacing was good, & character interactions were funny.

Almost had a heart attack tho when Ash released Charizard; I’d forgotten he started obeying Ash in the Orange Islands. Seeing him fight for Ash is always cool.

Did/does anyone notice the line weight? How it varies with each brush stroke in n the characters’ outlines? Or how the outer lines are thicker than the inner ones used for details. I like that. Nice water color backgrounds too.

EDIT: Looks like the Pokémon Company put this on YouTube a few moths ago:

Last edited: