1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dont you hate the instruction options?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by CarlosPMC, Dec 30, 2012.

1. CarlosPMC

CarlosPMC Pokemon Master

Hey guys dont you hate it when in the games, you get an item and the character asks you a yes or no question for instructions on how to use it, but they tell you anyway no matter what?

For example getting the Pokegear in HGSS or the old rod in DPPt

2. Jaguartail

Jaguartail Well-Known Member

No. It's not like it's long anyways.

3. It's a bit annoying but it doesn't really bother me.

4. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Yes, I'm sick of this, it's really boring and time wasting to experienced players. I don't mind them explaining it to newbies, but to waste my time with tedious explanations, especially after I specifically ask not to, is incredibly insulting to my intelligence.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  5. SoulMuse

SoulMuse Shadow of nothing

Yeah it is kinda annoying, especially when it is the tenth time you have reset that game.

6. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

No, I don't hate the instructions. They were made for newbie players. There should be an option to you skip them.

7. Slaying

Slaying The Dragon Trainer

Yeah it's complete stupidity, "No thanks I know how to use this Pokégear, it's mine!"

"Yeah, just press A to answer it and B to end the call (Guess), it's so simple to call people!"

Go away. I know. I said No.

8. SteelKing 2012

SteelKing 2012 An Iron Fist

I don't mind normally. For some reason the only one that really bugs me is Fennel in B/W for some reason. Dunno why, she makes me want to throw my DS at the wall.

9. Sckewi

Sckewi Member

Yeah it's pretty annoying.

10. Arceusgamer14

Arceusgamer14 Well-Known Member

The intruction options are always annoying when it comes for me reset the the whole game over and over and over!

11. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

I'm not a fan of them. They're not long, but I sometimes don't want to hear them.

12. Arlo

Arlo ...and so on...

No.

It's admittedly a bit odd that they give the explanations anyway, but it's hardly worth being bothered about. What would I do? Be upset that it wastes time and effort? Hell - being upset would waste even more time and effort than just clicking a button a couple of times ever possibly could, so that doesn't even begin to make sense.

13. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I never noticed this, and it doesn't really bother me either. The instructions are very easy to go through anyway, so I don't really care about it.

14. Not too big of a deal but it is annoying.

15. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

It does annoy me a little. Yeah. Like other's have said it's not that big a deal. Personally, I just keep pressing the "A" button, and it ends quickly. xD

16. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

I can always get over it.

17. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

I'll admit they irk me...

But I always jam the A button anyways, right?

18. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

A bit, it's a little annoying if you ask me.

19. Celestial Moth

Celestial Moth Bug-Type Deity

Yeah every game it just gets worse and worse lol.
    But its kinda essential because their are people
    who have just started to play the game so it has to be
    their ya no. But that by no means deters how annoying it is
    hehe.

20. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

thats when i rape the b button xD nya~