• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't you miss the toys in cereal boxes? :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 133172
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I do not miss the toys in cereal boxes.

Not one bit. I never really played with cereal box toys.

I did, however, get happy meals from McDonald's so I could get the toy.

Larris

Barney Stinson!
OMG! Oh, the excitment when tearing the box apart and looking for the toy. I used to love those little things, even though they were basically junk. Sure miss it. :)

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
reminds me of that homestar episode...

I never really liked it, but my family grew up with little $ for splurging on the expensive Box brand cereal, especially when the Malt-O-Meal cereal comes from the same factory, just gets put in a bigger bag and costs less since they don't have to pay for advertisement, the name brand does it for them.

outkin

I remember those.....the toys i don't miss since i'm a gamer but i like it when they put Computer games in them, even if it is a demo....

firestar319

The Marauder
I actually forgot they they used to do that. That's probably because I never played with them. They usually just stockpiled in my room.

Spookz

Lumos
I just remember the prizes being poorly made.. so even if I thought it was something I wanted, I would finally get to it (after eating all the cereal) and be disappointed because they were never as cool as they seemed on the box.

Does anyone else remember this gem from back in the day? Coolest cereal box ever.

kabzy

Grass Trainer
zomg the toys. they were greatness. i used to actually be excited to open cereal boxes XD

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
not that i miss them, but here kelloggs still puts stuff in cereal boxes

Penguinist Trainer

I wasn't fond of them as a kid, mainly because I came from a big family and the rule was the person who gets it 1st gets to keep it. No skipping to the bottom of the box either.

I still see them every now and then, but not as often. The only ones I like are the ones I have some interest in. I think the last set of toys I got from a cereal box were the Penguin Parade toys from the Happy Feet movie.

I love penguins, so I went out and got the cereal just for the little toy. They are currently decorating my dvd shelf. They might be cheap little toys, but its the significance behind the toy that determines if its a valuable treasure or a cheap piece of crap.

Iron Justice

Peoples is peoples.
I remember me and my three siblings literally ate an entire box of corn pops to get the jigglypuff top spinner in the box. And one time we got free movie tickets to see star wars. and once we got the muppet movie.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
I didn't really care about them to be honest...
though I did LOVE the cereals they were in :p

Lucario625

True story, once I accidentaly swallowed a plastic ring, because I didn't know it was in the box... Yes, I miss them, becuase once I got a arbok spoon- figure thing! I still have it!

AstralEon

The one and only.
Nah, not much.

I did like playing with whatever I get from the box when I was little. But I out grew that.

The last toy I got from a cereal box was this StarTrek(sp?) symbol that lights up a red color, which wasn't received that long ago; about 2-3 month ago.

I see it now and then around my house. I find it when I at least expect it. I find it, beam the light, and just toss somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.