• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

dont you think team aqua/magma were handled really poorly in the anime?

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
In Ruby, TM is the bad guys, Aqua is good. In Sapphire, this was reversed. So, what? The writers only played Sapphire? That would understand the lack of Rayquaza, too. It was only in RS as a secret, after Elite Four Legendary. It actually had some plot in Emerald. By the ways of no Rayquaza and Magma good, Aqua evil, they seem to only payed attention to Sapphire's side of the story. Although, earlier in the series they looked to take Ruby's side. Most of the TM/A things from the games were handled by TM in the Anime. Maybe that's it. Since TM got more screen time in the basic crimes, they made TA the baddies in the finale to show that they're bad, too?

And, it is true that the Teams were, in reality, just misguided Ecosystem People, like the Elite Four in the Anime. They believe what they are doing is good for the planet (Team Aqua thinks water, for more sea Pokemon. Magma thinks more land, for humans and land pokemon) and just happened to blow things out of proprtion. So, neither of them were really evil. Just misguided.

Last edited:

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Good points, my friend, good points.

If I remember correctly, they made Maxie's voice sound like a creaky old man...his uniform was okay, it could've been better. I mean, look at Archie's uniform and Maxie's uniform. They're complete opposites. Maxie deserves better. WAY better.

hmmmm...food for thought.

Aahh... My old friend, you are correct about Maxie's voice... His uniform rocks,though... But, his voice needed to sound better and Archie got more attention than he did... Like people have said... The writers may have just played Sapphire...

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Actually, quote one of my friends: "The writers started playing the game, but gave up when they couldn't beat Norman." XD

So yeah...the teams were totally misrepresented, and on top of that Wallace and Steven (and Rayquaza) never got their chance to show up and be totally awesome.

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
chosen_one386 said:
Aahh... My old friend, you are correct about Maxie's voice... His uniform rocks,though... But, his voice needed to sound better and Archie got more attention than he did... Like people have said... The writers may have just played Sapphire...

Actually, Team Magma was given much more attention in the anime up until that point.

tipnottippy said:
So yeah...the teams were totally misrepresented, and on top of that Wallace and Steven (and Rayquaza) never got their chance to show up and be totally awesome.

Which is why I think that the anime would have been better as a whole if it had been based on the manga.

Hokage FTW.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
That's true, +Rhapsody+, and notice I pointed that out in my own post. Possibly, that's why TA was given the bad guy theme in the finale, since TM was in...Pretty much everything else the teams did, excpet for Peeko and the Devon Goods. I'm prretty sure that was TA.

Why do you think that teh writers only played one of the games? They are made to play them all so they can know what to write. The writers are very smart to pick Team Mgama to be good. Team Aqua is made up of stupid pirate wanna-be rejects that are better looking than the people of Onepeice or Pirates of the Carbean.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I hate those Car Bean pirates!

The writers probably don't play the games through, but I'm sure a consultant from Gamefreak helps them with game scenarios. They just choose to do them differently for some reason.

Erus Black Mage

Why do you think that teh writers only played one of the games? They are made to play them all so they can know what to write. The writers are very smart to pick Team Mgama to be good. Team Aqua is made up of stupid pirate wanna-be rejects that are better looking than the people of Onepeice or Pirates of the Carbean.

Because we all know that getting rid of all the water in the world is good, yup.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Actually, Team Magma was given much more attention in the anime up until that point.

Which is why I think that the anime would have been better as a whole if it had been based on the manga.

Hokage FTW.

Well, I actually meant more in the range of Team Magma was seen as bad guys up until the end, then got one episode of the special and wasn't focused on again, but, whatever.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Team Aqua and Team Magma are both evil in various ways but, they focused to much on Magma then, creating them to become a normal evil->good scenario and is pretty boring. They either played both and chose The one wh ohad Team Magma as the ally (Sapphire I believe) I personally played Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. However, The anime had scenario's from all 3 games which made it very hard to follow when it got to that point in the Anime.

Last edited:

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Yea minus Satoshi while your at it and just fill it with hot gym leaders. To be on topic they were handled terribley.

And May with the female Gym Leaders.

I would have liked it if May had lent a helping hand to Ash, at least. It would have mirrored the games more to have a boy and a girl go defeat Kyogre and Groudon.

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Instead, add in Flannery and Roxanne (or some other hot, female Gym Leader), then we've got something groovy to work with.

Or some nice Steven and Wallace teamwork for lovely fanservice and Originshipping subtext--oh, wait, only the PokeSpecial manga is awesome enough to be capable of that. *sigh of utter sadness*

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Or some nice Steven and Wallace teamwork for lovely fanservice and Originshipping subtext--oh, wait, only the PokeSpecial manga is awesome enough to be capable of that. *sigh of utter sadness*

Well, I was meaning other characters that could replace Lance and Misty, but I would have preferred Steven and Wallace in the episodes.

How does Steven and Wallace deserve to be in the anime? Lance was the hero of the regions because he is a g-man. What does Steven do? He digs. What does Wallace do? He swims with fish. They are so useless they had to use Lance.