1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

dont you think team aqua/magma were handled really poorly in the anime?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by dechoudens1, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Super-Staff

Super-Staff Turnabout Pokemon

Okay, I was watching Gaining Groudon just now and... DAMMIT. They totally messed Archie up worse than I thought. While Maxie just wishes to use Groudon to change the world (or whatever), Archie wants to use Kyogre to 'rule the world'. Also, his voice, mannerisms, his facial expression was so stereotypically evil! Wtf? The anime did have Team Magma capture Ash, but he wasn't all that much of a threat. Not the way, Team Aqua seemed to be.

2. chosen_one386

chosen_one386 Angel of Chaos

Exactly. Plus, did anyone notice how Team Aqua's uniform animations were out of wack. First, when TR sneak onto the sub, one of the guards lost all of the white stripes on her shirt. Then, when the agents standing behind Archie on the island, even the guys had on the girls' uniform shirts! XD! But, I still hate Maxie's voice!!!! Plus, the convo between him and Ash... Ash was just acting like a child and saying childisd things like, "I know you and Team Aqua aren't friends..." WELL OF COURSE THEY WEREN'T!! But, of course, Ash is still just ten years old. XP

3. KO_KO

KO_KO Antithesis to Spam

In response to the argument..

I think it should be obvious that Groudon is a mighty bit more detrimental to the world than Kyogre. The planet has thrived by being 75% water, and Groudon completely puts that into ruin. Kyogre simply brings the unfavorable inevitable of global flooding in an instant.

People may say, "but with Kyogre, all the people would die!" The reason that the respective environmentalists teams were so deathly afraid of each other was for the WORLD's sake, which does not simply entail the homosapiens living on it. We're not the only population with a concience; we're just the only ones who super-impose our existence enough be considered seperate form of life.

If Kyogre coated the planet in a collosal tsunami, then there would still be plenty of marine critters and aquatic-based plants swimming around under the rule of King Kyogre for centuries. Eventually, land would form once again from sub-terranian plate shifts in the core.

Not only would Groudon kill all of the sea-dwelling animals nigh instantly, but eventually the terrestrial organisms (plants and animals, which includes us) would perish from water deprivation in under a month. That's it. There would be no more forms of life, intelligent of otherwise populating the Earth. Not even a blade of grass could live anymore. That's basically destroying what makes this a planet in the first place. We'd nothing but a tiny ball of dirt, a friggin comet, being slowly baked under the Sun's now magnified orbit and populated by one brainless, raving land demon.

Now which seems worse?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  4. +Rhapsody+

+Rhapsody+ DELETE DELETE

In regard to what people have said about the way the two teams were treated in the episodes, like I stated earlier: there was bias against Team Aqua. I have no idea why the writers would choose to do this, however, I noted that in the manga version of the climax, the teams were treated more or less on equal terms. Niether seemed more "evil" than the other, but there may be some things I missed.

5. chosen_one386

I saw The Scuffle of Legends yesterday. Lance just makes me want to push him off the cliff he was standing on at the end of the episode. XP! Plus, the teams had no closure! They just disappeared. Though, I have to admit, possessed Archie was scary. I was showing this episode last New Years to some kids and one of them was SCARED TO DEATH of him! Anyway, Maxie's voice got on my nerves a lot again and how Harland had to help him to his feet and to walk. Not only that, they run to see Pikachu release Groudon. I at least wanted to see Ash get in a fight with Maxie and get his butt kicked. XP!

6. +Rhapsody+

+Rhapsody+ DELETE DELETE

If the writers had encorportated Steven and/or Wallace in the episodes somehow, I would have been much happier. Not only did I feel as if I needed to shove Lance off that cliff, but I also felt I needed to trudge over to the studios who created this poor excuse of a plotline and bash them over the heads with an oversized spoon.

7. BugLoverCody

BugLoverCody Drowns in Cultness

I was so bored when team Magma or Aqua played in some episodes. I prefer other episodes, with the clumsy team rocket we all know and love...

8. chosen_one386

Well, I think these episodes are finally REALLY getting to me. I had a dream the other night that I had the powers of land and sea. -_-...

9. +Rhapsody+

+Rhapsody+ DELETE DELETE

It's the end of the world as we know it. =)

10. chosen_one386

Yes. You REALLY don't want me to have the powers of land and sea. REALLY.

11. Riversong

Riversong Buggy down.

God dangit, I wanted to see more Harland D8 I was extremely angry when they just left him and Maxie on the cliff, watching Shelly wake Archie up and telling him everything was okay.........that sickened me.

12. chosen_one386

Yeah, that sickened me as well...

I was able to get my hands on a Poke special manga and I have one thing to say...

MANGA LANCE >>>>>>>>>>>ANIME LANCE BIG TIME!

He had so much personality! Lance in the anime was just, boring...

13. +Rhapsody+

+Rhapsody+ DELETE DELETE

Manga anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anime anything.

14. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

um... if Yamato and Kosaburou are any indication, they'd probably do nothing but reduce the other Rocket agents to MusaKoji-esque laughingstocks if they appeared more (I can NOT imagine Bashou and Buson in such a role, but it can happen, frighteningly enough).

15. chosen_one386

True, true. I just haven't read much of the manga, so, yeah. I have watched EVERY episode of the anime.

16. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

They were ok until the final groudon and kyogre arc....its best we forget they ever existed.

17. +Rhapsody+

+Rhapsody+ DELETE DELETE

The horror.

Unfortunately, some fangirls here don't want that.

18. CCallum

CCallum Member

The best bit of the anime I have seen is the Mewtwo Returns mini-film. That actually had a bit of story to it, unlike the episodes which are mostly filler (Party find a pokémon, they don't know what it is, it belongs to someone, Team Rocket try and steal it and say some funny stuff, team rocket get thunderbolted, everyone's happy).

19. chosen_one386

Yeah, that was a pretty good plot.

I don't think it's best we forgot the two parter ever existed. We must think of it and wonder... WHAT THE HECK WERE THE WRITERS THINKING?!

20. Pacman

Pacman Well-Known Member

I agree. The Manga is always better than the Anime it seems.

But, if your talking about Pokemon thought.

Games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anime