• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

dont you think team aqua/magma were handled really poorly in the anime?

Gymleader Justin

Young Master
I believe they could have continued team aqua/magma on a little instead of ending it like that.

I liked how it was resolved. What did you want some big epic fight like in that stupid manga? It was much more simple and better to understand in the anime. They did excellent in the story telling of Aqua and Magma.

actually, yes, i would have, thats my opinion
they just stood by and said "we were wrong" while ash and Lance (where the hek did he come from out of nowhere) attempted to save the earth from the two fierce monsters
and it should have ended in something epic considering the fact that throughout the anime they were very elusive and mysterious, you never knew what exactly they were up to, but it just simply ended this way, and i did not find the simple version to be so great

Last edited:
I liked how it was resolved. What did you want some big epic fight like in that stupid manga? It was much more simple and better to understand in the anime. They did excellent in the story telling of Aqua and Magma.

Considering that the manga is much much better than the anime, yes I would have like something halfway-decent like what was in the manga.

Considering that the manga is much much better than the anime, yes I would have like something halfway-decent like what was in the manga.

I don't agree with that. The manga's version of Aqua and Magma had a gay male coordinator and a gender confused Sapphire girl fighting against a pure evil Aqua and Magma and it caused chaos and crazyness to happen which made no sense. The anime isn't exagerated like the manga is. Everything that happened in it was annoying.

Didn't any people here like the Magma and aqua members like Shelly and Brocdy? They were good characters to have in the arc and they were cool to watch as they tried to hurt the competition team. Oh I still like that it was Lance doing it than Steven. What could Steven do against it in the anime? He was digging for rocks. How will that stop Kyogre? Lance has dragons atleast.

Didn't any people here like the Magma and aqua members like Shelly and Brocdy? They were good characters to have in the arc and they were cool to watch as they tried to hurt the competition team. Oh I still like that it was Lance doing it than Steven. What could Steven do against it in the anime? He was digging for rocks. How will that stop Kyogre? Lance has dragons atleast.
Lance sucked, and had no purpose other than "Hay guyz, Im here fer som raisan lolz!"

At least Steven was a part of Hoenn.

...what? Please type where what you say makes at least SOME sense.

Lance's dragon pokemon are more handy in that sort of situation. I think the anime did good to use him than Steven. If you think about it Lance had more of a advantage than Steven. He had steel types. Those are not effective for water and weak aginst ground. Lance's dragon types are strong aginst water and are ok for ground types. See? He can beat Kyogre and Groudon in a pokemon battle if he had to. He didn't do it in the anime but in a just in case way he had more of advantage than Steven. Get it?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Lance didn't exactly battle Groudon/Kyorge anyway. If I'm remembering correctly all he did was have Dragonite knock Archie off his hover pad or whatever.

as if it mattered, Lance was completely out of place and was so random, he is a johto person, and Steven barely got any screen time, he was supposed to be more important than just some minor character guest starring in a single episode, he could have had his skarmory fly him to places, and that would have served the same purpose as Lance and his dragonite... i have said that many times - steven, while digging for rocks, stumbled upon the GS ball and a plothole opened in the floor of the cave and he fell in, never to be seen again

MADHATTER

*cough* Let's not forget Wallace, who was advertised on an anime Hoenn gym poster, but never shown in the anime.

That whole Magma/Aqua Arc just sucked in general...there was like nothing creative about it at all.

I was expecting something epic, and yet it just turned into a random boring filler.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
meh i guess so they had boring pokemon to... but i cant wait to see whats new with team galaxy???

I hope Lance really does something with Galaxy. If he don't then it's not a big deal.