• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

dont you think team aqua/magma were handled really poorly in the anime?

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Which I have never read. -_-

Oh, you should! It's probably one of the better contributions into the Pokemon franchise. Complete with exciting battles and a good plot, plus some really good twists thrown along the way. You should try picking it up sometime. The Yellow Saga, particularly, has a real cool interpretation of the Elite Four, similar to Team Aqua/Team Magma, in which they attempt to do something in order to 'make the world a better place'. So, I think you'd be into that.

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
Does anyone agree with me that the anime overall would have had a more stable, original plot if it had been based on the manga? Unfortunately, I doubt the writers will be able to do this in the future, so it's out.

Lance probably should have been kept in Johto. There were so many unused Hoenn characters that presented a major part of the plot, yet they were ignored. Some important manga characters who were also members of Teams weren't even featured, either. Having Lance randomly appear in place that he had nothing to do with was not only annoying, but made no sense.

I suppose the writers where attempting to draw from the WOAOMGDRAGONZC00L!111!!!! factor.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Does anyone agree with me that the anime overall would have had a more stable, original plot if it had been based on the manga? Unfortunately, I doubt the writers will be able to do this in the future, so it's out.

The anime writers could have done something amazing with what they already had, they just chose to make create something with little effort required. I mean, why bother to develop the leaders of each team if they could just make them bland and generic? Why make both sides look evil/misguided when they could merely pick sides? Why bring out Steven (or Wallace) to further develop him when they could just use a character they've brought out already? Why have a long, drawn-out saga when they could just compact everything into a messy little two-parter?

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
Super-Staff said:
The anime writers could have done something amazing with what they already had, they just chose to make create something with little effort required. I mean, why bother to develop the leaders of each team if they could just make them bland and generic? Why make both sides look evil/misguided when they could merely pick sides? Why bring out Steven (or Wallace) to further develop him when they could just use a character they've brought out already? Why have a long, drawn-out saga when they could just compact everything into a messy little two-parter?

The anime to begin with seemed bland and generic. However, in the beginning of the Hoenn arc, they decided to build up all this action surrounding the two Teams, yet completely collasped this in the supposed climax. What I am referring to when I say that the anime could have been better if it was based on the manga is plot line in general, as well as character developement. In the manga, the entire Kyogre/Groudan saga was written quite well, and also presented in the right length without being rushed for the most part. If the writers had employed these aspects in the anime, we would all have been happier.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Oh, you should! It's probably one of the better contributions into the Pokemon franchise. Complete with exciting battles and a good plot, plus some really good twists thrown along the way. You should try picking it up sometime. The Yellow Saga, particularly, has a real cool interpretation of the Elite Four, similar to Team Aqua/Team Magma, in which they attempt to do something in order to 'make the world a better place'. So, I think you'd be into that.

Point me to where you can find a translated copy of the manga, and I'll read it. I only have the very first volume... -_-

Anyway, yes, the writers screwed up big time...

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
The main site has Summaries of the Manga.

sapira

If only...
I think the team aqua/magma plot was handled really badly. One reason is because the writters dragged lance out of johto where he belongs and put him in the battle of the titians when it should of been someone from this reigon

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Yeah, but I would rather read it and see the awesome drawings...

Yeah, it's always better to read the actual thing than just see the summaries. Besides, you'd be supporting the industry by buying them. ^^;

Besides, the PokeSupe manga handled the TM/TA plot much better. Hm, does anyone disagree on that?

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
Super-Staff said:
Besides, the PokeSupe manga handled the TM/TA plot much better. Hm, does anyone disagree on that?

I agree wholeheartedly that the manga captured the intended plot and presented it in such a way that it was actually original. A shame the anime didn't go the same direction.

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
The only thing I didn't like about the manga handling of it was that they made Archie and Maxie seem like completely evil monsters instead of just simply misguided villains like they were in the games. I guess they didn't want the R/S arc to seem like the Yellow arc with the same type of villain, i.e. a misguided person who thought they could make the world a better place by causing death and destruction using Pokemon. I guess I can understand that reasoning, though that resulted in Archie and Maxie getting no closure in the manga. Oh well, it still beats the anime by a mile, because it involved people who were *supposed* to be involved like, say, Steven and Wallace. Together. Fighting side by side. <3

One thing both the anime AND PokeSpecial manga failed to do was emphasize Wallace's importance as the Guardian of the Cave of Origin (and, in Emerald, the person who had the key to the Sky Pillar--they gave the Sky Pillar job to Norman in Special...I guess because he was the hero's father). The manga only made one mention of Wallace's status as Guardian of the Cave of Origin, somewhere in volume 18, then never expanded on it.

But still, if the anime had been anything like the manga in their treatment of the Kyogre vs. Groudon battle, I'd have been much happier.

Incidentally, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that Diaruga and Parukia--who are never mentioned in Diamond or Pearl as having fought each other--get a WHOLE MOVIE where they fight with each other, while Kyogre and Groudon--who even in Ruby/Sapphire were mentioned as having fought in the past--get those two crappy rushed episodes?

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Incidentally, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that Diaruga and Parukia--who are never mentioned in Diamond or Pearl as having fought each other--get a WHOLE MOVIE where they fight with each other, while Kyogre and Groudon--who even in Ruby/Sapphire were mentioned as having fought in the past--get those two crappy rushed episodes?

Yep. That's annoying to me. Not just that, it's also ANOTHER movie about two Pokemon fighting each other.

And, how much do you wanna bet that the movie won't have anything to do with Team Galaxy?

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Hell, I bet it's gonna be like the 2nd movie where all the legendary birds try to beat on each other, or, EVEN WORSE, like the 7th movie where Rayquaza randomly has a vendetta against Deoxys and becomes a mindless destructive machine instead of the majestic savior of Hoenn that it was supposed to be.

And wow, we just came full circle with that comment! The anime FAILED Wallace, Steven, and Rayquaza.

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
Super-Staff said:
The anime fails at a lot of things, actually.

It fails at most things, in fact.

Another gripe I have with the anime version of the great climax is the fact that after the Teams supposedly disban, we hear almost no mention of them at all. It was all so abrupt.