• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doomsday is upon us: Gen. 4 RMT

How should I get rid of my Swampert weakness?

• Rotom-C (replace Rotom-H)

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Celebi (replace Rotom-H)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Breloom (replace Machamp)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • You have no weakness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After getting bored of BW OU, I decided to plunge into the realm of DPPt OU. This team has won every battle I've been in, and my current peak is 3: [spoil](10:33:41) *** Your rank in OU Gen 4 is 3/1781 [1149 points / 5 battles]!
[/spoil] Some key things before we start:

1. This is not Gen. 5. As such, things such as Poison Heal Gliscor or Ferrothorn aren't in existance yet.
  2. The Rotom applicances are all Electric/Ghost, meaning that they are excellent spin-blockers still.
  3. Explosion effectively reaches 500 base power on a neutral target, due to Explosion and Selfdestruct halving Defense before it hits.

At a Glance:
482.png
130.png
385.png
479-mow.png
466.png
68.png

Looking Closer:

250px-482Azelf.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 12 Atk/244 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

This guy is one of the best suicide leads in the history of DPPT. With Taunt, it can prevent other leads such as Uxie from setting up hazards, set up my hazards, and go boom. Stealth Rock is the best move in the game, netting necessary KOs for my sweeping combo. Fire Blast is for Steels like Scizor and the common Metagross, while Explosion helps me take something down with me.

180px-130Gyarados.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/ 168 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

A slightly more defensive version of Gyarados. 168 Speed EVs and a Jolly Nature insure that I can outspeed Timid Jolteon after a Dragon Dance. Waterfall is a reliable STAB attack. Stone Edge hits things like Zapdos who would otherwise pose a threat. Finally, Earthquake is my best option against things such as Heatran and Tentacruel.

170px-385Jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/220 Atk/32 Spe
Nature: Careful
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Fire Punch

Jirachi is such a dick for people to face, believe me. Thunder Wave paralyzes their faster Pokémon, allowing Machamp to deal severe damage to the now slowed Pokémon. Jirachi can also deploy Iron Head to flinch various annoying Pokémon to their grave. Substitute makes it far easier to take out a few threats, while Fire Punch wipes out Scizor and various other Steels.

[IMG200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/d/da/479Rotom-Mow.png/488px-479Rotom-Mow.png[/IMG200]

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

This used to be Rotom-H, but I found that I had a Swampert weakness, so the plasma poltergeist inhabited a lawn mower instead and got the power to crush Swampert in a pile of leaves. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are STAB, hitting Gyarados and opposing Rotom hard. Leaf Storm allows me to beat those annoying Swamperts and various other Grounds like Hippowdon. Trick allows me to cripple an incoming Blissey or something.

260px-466Electivire.png

Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 40 Atk/252 SpA/216 Spe
IVs: 30 HP/30 Def
Nature: Mild
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower

This is the standard MixVire set. He pairs perfectly with Gyarados, abusing the Electric attacks aimed at him to get a Speed boost. The IVs allow for a 70 BP Hidden Power Ice without lowering any key offensive stats. Thunderbolt is STAB, effortlessly OHKOing Gyarados and Skarmory. Hidden Power enables me to handle things like Flygon and Dragonite without breaking a sweat. Cross Chop handles Blissey and Heatran, while Flamethrower handles Steels.

170px-068Machamp.png

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Substitute
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

The final member of my team, Machamp allows my team to have an excellent offensive presence. Abusing the switches to Rotom-A and stuff caused by Machamp, he can effortlessly get a Substitute up and put them into a checkmate position. Dynamicpunch as always for Machamp is an excellent STAB. Payback allows me to handle the Ghosts hoping to switch in on Dynamicpunch. Stone Edge hits Flyers.

That right there is my team. I have a fair Swampert weakness, so I would like to know how to fix that.

Last edited:

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
A rule abiding team in older gen RMT? Impossible!

On topic, I think you should get rotom-C over rotom-H for your swampert weakness.

He could run a similar set,

Rotom-C@scarf
Levitate
252speed/252spatt/4hp
Timid
-shadow ball
-thunderbolt
-leaf storm
-trick

A rule abiding team in older gen RMT? Impossible!

On topic, I think you should get rotom-C over rotom-H for your swampert weakness.

He could run a similar set,

Rotom-C@scarf
Levitate
252speed/252spatt/4hp
Timid
-shadow ball
-thunderbolt
-leaf storm
-trick

I know, right? So far, I've only seen three: Mine, your's and Gamefreak's.

I was thinking along the same lines, but 4 Special Defense EVs are necessary to guarantee that Porygon-Z doesn't get the Download (or whatever the ability's called) boost.

Psypert

I voted for Rotom-C you have 4 pokemon that kill Steels (Evire with Flamethrower, Gyara with EQ, Jirachi with Fire Punch and Machamp with Dynamicpunch) so you are not gonna miss Overhwat too much

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
I was thinking along the same lines, but 4 Special Defense EVs are necessary to guarantee that Porygon-Z doesn't get the Download (or whatever the ability's called) boost.

oh, I see. I always forget about download. If this on PO, (or you can change moves and evs) you should test it to see how you fair against swampert.

Semi-bump (it was already the highest thread, so I'm not sure), due to my replacing Rotom-H with Rotom-C to remedy my weakness against Swampert and to a lesser extent Hippowdon.

Psypert

Yep with the newly added Rotom-C you should do well, wow this team is soo well built I think I would have the hardest time of my life battling it, so Good Job

noob21

3 sum!!!
I dont see how rotom-c is a great alternative to your swampert weakness considering the fact that its still electric/ghost? Other than that its a good team

I dont see how rotom-c is a great alternative to your swampert weakness considering the fact that its still electric/ghost? Other than that its a good team

Choice Scarf Rotom-C Leaf Storm against Tank Swampert: 136% - 160.8%. That's without the STAB given in 5th Gen.

That's how it helps. Swampert can wall pretty much my entire team, so that Leaf Storm is a real boon. It also helps against the omnipresent Flygons I'm seeing.

noob21

3 sum!!!
Choice Scarf Rotom-C Leaf Storm against Tank Swampert: 136% - 160.8%. That's without the STAB given in 5th Gen.

That's how it helps. Swampert can wall pretty much my entire team, so that Leaf Storm is a real boon. It also helps against the omnipresent Flygons I'm seeing.

Yes but it cant come in on the switch which can be very hazardous when trying to save a team member. Ide go with celebi it has great coverage and can come in on the switch as well

Yes but it cant come in on the switch which can be very hazardous when trying to save a team member. Ide go with celebi it has great coverage and can come in on the switch as well

No, it can easily switch in, as it has an EQ immunity and takes pittance from Ice Beam and Waterfall.

noob21

3 sum!!!
No, it can easily switch in, as it has an EQ immunity and takes pittance from Ice Beam and Waterfall.

Your right I forgot it had EQ immunity well I guess my name really stands for itself =( lol

destructo

This team needs a special wall to take attacks from azelf and heatran. Maybe add snorlax or tentacruel to you team

Last edited:
This team needs a special wall to take attacks from azelf and heatran. Maybe add snorlax or tentacruel to you team

Lol no. Most of my team can take an attack from Azelf and pummel it hard with an equally powerful attack, and Heatran just gets raped by Gyarados. Other special attackers face similar fates.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事

It's a heavy offense team- he doesn't have any walls. He doesn't have to worry about taking their hits if he can just kill them first.

It's a heavy offense team- he doesn't have any walls. He doesn't have to worry about taking their hits if he can just kill them first.

Exactly.

Is there anything that you guys can pick up on that actually works, or will this just be a relic showing that it is possible to make a rule-abiding RMT in this sub-forum?

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
the only thing i would change is put body slam over thunder wave on Jirachi, or maybe Tbolt

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I'd run Earthquake>Cross Chop on Electivire because same power,similiar coverage,and more PP.

I'd run Earthquake>Cross Chop on Electivire because same power,similiar coverage,and more PP.

Can Earthquake OHKO Tyranitar? No. Does Earthquake hit Dark types? No. All Earthquake has over Cross Chop is, as you said, a little better accuracy (I don't really care about that), more PP (who gives a ****), and the ability to hit non-levitating Ghosts as well as hitting Poison super effctively. Without Cross Chop I couldn't touch Blissey, either.