• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Double battle subway RMT

This is the team that I am planning to use:

Terrakion
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Ability: Justified
Nature: Jolly
Item: Rock Gem

- Sacred Sword
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Once beaten up this guy serves as my main sweeper, although he can still work as part of the team without it. Protect's main purpose on this set is if I don't use Beat Up on Terrakion on the first turn, then it makes sure that it doesn't faint on that turn and can be set up on the next one. The rock gem is to power up rock slide as even with 1200 odd attack after a Beat Up, it still doesn't defeat the more defensive opponents. Earthquake provides an alternative if there are no flyers/levitators out. Sacred Sword provides a more direct attacking option if you just want to attack one of the opponents pokemon.

Whimsicott
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Sp.A, 4 HP
IV's: 0 Atk
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Timid
Item: Focus Sash

- Beat Up
- Giga Drain
- Taunt
- Tailwind

This Whimsicott set, alongside setting up Beat Up, the use of taunt allows me to stop the opponent from setting up against me (SR, Spikes, stat boosters, etc.) and stops the opponent from inflicting statuses on my team. Giga Drain is there to take down opposing ground types, particularly ground/water types (swampert, quagsire, etc.) as they can take a rock slide/earthquake and hit/ potentially knock out terrakion with their own earthquake or surf, this also applies to Tyranitar (and Garchomp if they have ice beam). Stun Spore is particularly useful against pokemon who are faster than Terrakion (Aerodactyl, Jolteon, etc.).

Garchomp
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Hasty
Item: Choice Band

- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Garchomp works very well as a late game sweeper, the evasion boost from Tyranitar's Sandstorm is great. Fire Blast takes care of any steel Types, Outrage for general purpose and power, EgdeQuake for super effective coverage.

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf

- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Aqua Tail

Tyranitar fits nicely into the team, as it supports Terrakion and itself with a Special Defence boost, it gives Garchomp an evasion boost, and takes control of the weather. Other than that it can take down threats to the team such as Starmie and others. Superpower takes down opposing Steels, Aqua tail hits bulky ground and rock types. Crunch gets rid of Psychics, Stone Edge gets coverage and STAB.

So there's my team, please rate and offer any advice/constructive criticism :)

Last edited:

Gbrew

When I first heard about the terrakion beat up idea, I thought it was the moat neat thing! I really want to borrow the whismoscot idea if don't mind :p

Now the only issue I see is that your entire team is weak to ice moves. Perhaps a bulky water pokemon in gar chomps place? Off course you probally wont need it as your team can easily out speed any such issues.

Which brings me to an idea I just thought of. What about putting rock polish on terrakion? While it will have an incredible attack stat..... It's speed isn't so hot.

Good luck! Looks very solid!

True, although i'm not sure about Rock Polish, however you have given me an idea in that department, in replacing one of whimsicott's moves with Tailwind, which gets priority from prankster, which can serve as a good replacement for Stun Spore.

But towards your point of a bulky water, how about this:

Lapras
EV's: 12 HP, 208 Def, 180 Sp.A, 108 Sp.D
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers

- Thunder
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

This set is designed to take down ice type move users, this set takes down bulky waters such as Vaporeon, Swampert, etc. This pokemon can take advantage of rain and hail, and so works very well at being anti-its own type. Heal bell removes any status moves from the team, toxic gets rid of the more defensive pokemon. Thunder takes out opposing water types, even better if rains up. Ice Beam is there for STAB and coverage to create the BoltBeam combo. This set does require however for steel types to be gone, other wise it can easily be taken down by metagross, or walled by Bronzong/Ferrothorn.
But that's where Tyranitar and Terrakion come in.

On a last note, if you want i've got some spare cottonee's w/Beat Up + 31 IV in Speed

Last edited:

Gbrew

Looks solid! Handles what the rest of your team couldn't counter.

It does learn tailwind doesn't? Haha, well that works too. It'll work even better than rock polish, as it'll give it a move to use during turn two as terrakion wrecks havoc.

Dude really? That'd be awesome! Trades best not be discussed here I suppose, PM about it yo?