• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Double Battle Team (maybe Single too)

ShyRanger

The main purpose of this team is to work in Double Battles. It MIGHT work in Single battles, but I doubt it. You can leave feedback on Single battle use, but if all you're gonna say is that "it's not strong enough" or something, I already know that.

Also I know some Pokémon don't have the absolute best nature, but I'm not starting all over just for that.

#1: Greninja
Ability: Proteen
Nature: Naughty
Item: Lum Berry
Moves: Mat Block, Acrobatics, Waterfall, Dark Pulse
This Greninja's primary use is to aide with the second Pokémon, Klefki (more details below). I know Acrobatics isn't the best flying move for it, but I mainly wan it to be able to be a Flying team to both counter Fighting and Grass as well as anti-Ground (or my Gliscor). It was mainly between that and Aerial Ace, but if the berry is consumed, Acrobatics is easily better. It's other two moves are chosen because of Flinching.

#2: Keflki
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Modest
Item: Light Clay
Moves: Reflect, Light Screen, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon
Thanks to it's ability and Greninja's Mat Block, this combo nearly ensure a successful Dual Screens before any damage can be taken (excluding rare cases). Klefki's other two moves are simply to provide a little extra damage, its Special Attack isn't great but it'll do.

#3: Volcorona
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Quiet
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moves: Quiver Dance, Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain
Thanks to the Dual Screens, this Pokémon can easily get off at least one Quiver Dance safely, the more the better of course. After that, it's a no-brain sweeper.

#4: Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Rash
Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond
If this team does seem okay for Single Battle use, this Pokémon would be my lead. He's an overall sweeper, and the Focus Sash Destiny Bond combo let's him get off one final take down hopefully. Even in Double Battle this seems applicable, and he has great synergy with the next member.

#5 Gliscor
Ability: Fury Cutter
Nature: Serious
Item: Assault Vest
Moves: Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Aerial Ace, Earthquake
Yes I know this isn't the almighty Poison Heal Gliscor, but I missed my chance to get one plus I had this idea instead. His Special Defense is not bad and the Assault Vest makes him double bulky. I chose these moves to help with overall type coverage and I didn't give him Fire Fang because the rest of the team seems to be okay with facing Ice-types so Gliscor wouldn't have to worry.

#6 Gallade
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Drain Punch, Stone Edge, Psycho Cut, Protect
Not much to say about this guy except that I chose Drain Punch over Close Combat because it's a Double Battle and because of Life Orb.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
First thing first, you'll want to use the proper format for RMT threads, to make them easier for everyone else to read.

Pokemon @ Nature
Ability @ Item
EVs
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

Second, the natures for most of your Pokemon save Gallade are terrible, and they should be changed if you plan to use this team to battle online or in the Maison.

Greninja @ Timid
Protean @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-Turn / HP [Fire]

Greninja should never run a full Physical set, nor should it be used mainly as a support pokemon, it doesn't have the defensive typing for that. If you're looking for something that could help let Klefki set up screens, or have them each set up one, I would suggest Clefable;

Clefable @ Bold / Calm
Magic Guard @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def or SpD
- Moonblast
- Reflect / Light Screen / Follow Me
- Moonlight
- Toxic / Taunt

Clefable can set up one screen while Klefki sets up the other, or you can run Follow Me, and let Clefable tank both hits while Klefki sets up both, but that takes another turn and I don't recommend it. Moonblast so you're not Taunt bait, Moonlight for durability, and the final slot to weaken other Pokemon that don't take much from Moonblast.

Klefki @ Impish / Careful
Prankster @ Light Clay
252 HP / 252 Def or SpD
- Foul Play
- Reflect / Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

I would suggest giving Reflect to Klefki and LS to Clefable, as priority Reflect will help Clefable's lower Defense. Foul Play so you're not Taunt bait, while Priority Taunt and Thunder Wave are helpful. Toxic could be used instead of Thunder Wave if Clefable doesn't have Toxic.

Volcarona @ Timid
Flame Body @ Lum Berry
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- HP [Rock] / [Ice] / Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Timid nature and max Speed to outspeed most after a QD or two. If you get a good HP type like Rock or Ice, use that instead so you're not walled by Dragons. Otherwise, use Giga Drain for healing. Lum to save you from annoying status.

Gengar @ Timid
Levitate -> Shadow Tag @ Gengarite
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- HP [Fire] / Thunderbolt / Destiny Bond

Standard MGengar set. Ghost/Fighting get perfect coverage, Sludge Wave takes care of Fairies and useful in Doubles, and final slot is up to you.

Gliscor @ Impish
Poison Heal @ Toxic Orb
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

If you're not using Poison Heal Gliscor, don't bother using it at all. With Toxic Orb, he can set up a Sub every other turn, and after a Swords Dance or two, can do a lot of damage.

Gallade @ Adamant
Steadfast @ Life Orb
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak

All out offensive Gallade, Drain Punch to regain HP, Psycho Cut for Poison types, Stone Edge for flyers, and Shadow Sneak to pick off weakened foes, and also Ghosts that tend to have a low Def stat.

ShyRanger

Second, the natures for most of your Pokemon save Gallade are terrible, and they should be changed if you plan to use this team to battle online or in the Maison.

As I said before in the second portion in my post " I'm not starting all over just for that." for natures. It's something that requires so much repetitive searching for something I couldn't care much for. You may be right about the natures being bad, guess that'll add a bit of a challenge.

As for Clefable, it does sound enticing I mean I mainly chose Greninja sort of as a Jack of All Trades, but as you pointed out, Clefable seem to do that better, so I'll definitely look into that.

Not using Mega Gengar, because it seems to be Uber-Only (as for now but I doubt that'll change seeing how strong he is)

Not gonna change Gliscor because you're only argument is "If it doesn't have Poison Heal don't use it at all." I cannot get that (unless I find some sorta trade) but otherwise I don't see much need to change him yet.

I will take the other moves and items in mind, thank you very much.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I don't get it... you want your team rated, but then the big important things, you don't care about...
Nature plays a big part into how good a pokemon performs, as do IV's and EV's... I understand that you wouldn't want to start over "just for that"... but it's quite a big deal what you're brushing off there.

And on the other hand, you say you wouldn't use Mega Gengar because it's "Uber only"? are you playing in a tournament or something? you don't concern yourself with right natures, but concern yourself with what's uber or not, am I missing something?

Read through foxy's suggestions and a lot of them are quite solid, at the very least greatly improve on your pokemon.
Though I use Bold nature Klefki with Foul Play, Both Screens and Thunder Wave @ Light clay instead.

This is not a critique, just simply don't understand what it is you're really looking for.