• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Double Subway Team (Sandstorm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chap196

i just want to try something new, so I want to create a weather team. I will start off with Sandstorm.

Hippowdon
Item: Leftover
Nature: Impish (Aura Sensai)
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 4 Attack (Aura Sensai)
Moveset:
Earthquake
Slack Off (Aura Sensai)
Whilrwind (Aura Sensai)
Ice Fang

Most people use Tyranitar, but I want to try something else, so I use Hippowdon instead. I really need help with this Pokemon because I never use it before.

Stoutland
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability:Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset:
Return
Crunch
Superpower
Wild Charge

This Pokemon is to take adventage of Sand Storm with Sand Rush Ability to gain Speed and use Choice Band to raise its attack.

Crustle
Item: Salac Berry/ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Shell Smash

This is my favourite Pokemon, even though it doesn't fit Sand Storm that much though.

Bronzong
Item: Light Clay
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Defense/ 128 Sp.Def
Moveset:
Reflect
Light Screen
Sandstorm
Gyro Ball

Just a Dual-Screen Pokemon

Consider Replacing Hippowdon with Tyranitar (Aura Sensai)
Tyranitar
Item: Leftover
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 44 HP/ 252 Atk/ 212 Speed
Moveset:
Crunch
Stone Edge
Superpower
Dragon Dance

It does seem like Tyranitar is better in the Battle Subway

Consider Excadrill over Stoutland
Excadrill
Item: Life Orb (AWildMew)
Ability: Sand Rush
Moveset:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor
Sword Dance/ Protect (AWildMew)

Consider Adding Togekiss (AWildMew)

Togekiss
Item: Sitrus Berry
Nature: Calm
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Moveset:
Follow Me
Air Slash
Thunder Wave / Tailwind / Roost
Protect / Roost

I just notice Excardrill also has Sand Rush. Let Excadrill use Sword Dance, after that Sweep every Pokemon.

First thing is I really need advise as I said I never use Weather team before. Second I don't know what Special Attacker to use, so you can also recommend a special attacker and replace Crustle or Bronzong.

All help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Hey chap, long time no see. Go play XY already, haha.

tbh, the mian thing that differs Hippowdon from TTar is it's access to recovery, the fact it can phase, and that it can wall a plethora of Physical Sweepers. A defensive set would be nice, to take advantage of Hippowdon's bulk and recovery. Something along the lines of Earthquake / Slack Off / Whirlwind / Ice Fang, with 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Atk for the EVs and a Impish Nature. Although I'd recommend switching to TTar, as in the Subway, fast paced Offense is a much better option than Stall, as the matches are faster, and hazards, one of Stall's best weapons in BW2, aren't nearly as good in the Subway. If you switch to TTar, which I'd recommend, a Dragon Dance / Crunch / Stone Edge / Superpower or Fire Blast would be good, as well as 44 Hp / 252 Atk / 212 Spe, and Jolly, which lets you outpace Jolly Terrakion and KO with Superpower at +1. If you choose Fire Blast, Naive > Jolly.

Excadrill is a better abuser of Sand Rush than Stoutland, as it has STAB Earthquake, and higher Attack, as well as access to Swords Dance. Consider it over Stoutland.

chap196

Thanks for the rate, yeah I play Pokemon X already and finish the game. I just need a team that will be sent through Poke Transporter (In 2 months!). Anyway I will change Hippowdon EV and moveset and consider Tyranitar. I just check Excadrill and just notice it got Sand Rush lol, I will consider it as well. Also I think I need to use both Tyranitar and Hippowdon in XY because the Sand Stream ability did not make Sandstorm ast forever now. Thanks for the rate again (I hope that the 6th Gen IGRMT will come soon). It does seem like Battle Maison (Something like Battle Subway in XY) is easier than Battle Subway.

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

Note that you are rarely, if ever, going to get a chance to boost with Swords Dance due to the swift exchange of hits in the Battle Subway. Focus Sash is not going to do you much good. This can also apply to Shell Smash Crustle. There is, however, a way around it, besides Dual Screens, which is not as reliable.

You could either try this set for Excadrill instead:

Excadrill
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Moveset:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor
Protect

Other than that, there is a certain other good way to set up.

Support Togekiss. It can "take" Ground Type Moves for Excadrill and still be immune. It has a great movepool, too! It can be there while your sweeper uses Earthquake.

Togekiss
Moveset:
Follow Me
Air Slash
Protect / Roost

Very annoying. Follow Me has priority, and Togekiss has great bulk, which almost guarantees that Excadrill sets up Swords Dance or Crustle Shell Smash. It can use Protect to absorb hits in conjunction with Follow Me and also Roost off the damage. Furthermore, another option is using Serene Grace to annoy with Thunder Wave + Air Slash, although that strategy is not as useful here, due to two opponents to battle at once. Tailwind can give some other Pokemon a Speed boost if needed. It can "take" Ground Type Moves for Excadrill and still be immune. It has a great movepool, too! It can be there while your sweeper uses Earthquake.

Last edited:

chap196

Note that you are rarely, if ever, going to get a chance to boost with Swords Dance due to the swift exchange of hits in the Battle Subway. Focus Sash is not going to do you much good. This can also apply to Shell Smash Crustle. There is, however, a way around it, besides Dual Screens, which is not as reliable.

You could either try this set for Excadrill instead:

Excadrill
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Moveset:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor
Protect

Other than that, there is a certain other good way to set up.

Support Togekiss. It can "take" Ground Type Moves for Excadrill and still be immune. It has a great movepool, too! It can be there while your sweeper uses Earthquake.

Togekiss
Moveset:
Follow Me
Air Slash
Protect / Roost

Very annoying. Follow Me has priority, and Togekiss has great bulk, which almost guarantees that Excadrill sets up Swords Dance or Crustle Shell Smash. It can use Protect to absorb hits in conjunction with Follow Me and also Roost off the damage. Furthermore, another option is using Serene Grace to annoy with Thunder Wave + Air Slash, although that strategy is not as useful here, due to two opponents to battle at once. Tailwind can give some other Pokemon a Speed boost if needed. It can "take" Ground Type Moves for Excadrill and still be immune. It has a great movepool, too! It can be there while your sweeper uses Earthquake.

Very interesting Idea, I never thought about Follow Me/ Protect combo before. I forgot that 2 enemies can attack excadrill in the same time. Still can't excadrill use Sword Dance while Togekiss use Follow Me? Anyway thanks for the rate.

Mew The Gato

Very interesting Idea, I never thought about Follow Me/ Protect combo before. I forgot that 2 enemies can attack excadrill in the same time. Still can't excadrill use Sword Dance while Togekiss use Follow Me? Anyway thanks for the rate.

That is what I meant; either use the non-Swords Dance Excadrill if you do not use Togekiss, or you can use Swords Dance Excadrill if you use Follow Me Togekiss, as Follow Me has +3 Priority, even more than Extremespeed.

Not just Excadrill -- even Crustle can sweep with Shell Smash!

chap196

That is what I meant; either use the non-Swords Dance Excadrill if you do not use Togekiss, or you can use Swords Dance Excadrill if you use Follow Me Togekiss, as Follow Me has +3 Priority, even more than Extremespeed.

Not just Excadrill -- even Crustle can sweep with Shell Smash!

I think I am adding Togekiss to my team after seeing how useful it is which allow me to sweep in double battle. The only thing I want to know is what should be my 2 lead Pokemon?

Mew The Gato

If you do not remove Bronzong, a pair of Tyranitar and Bronzong stands to be a good choice. No one in the Battle Subway uses weather inducers, so send in Tyranitar without a worry to start Sandstorm automatically at the start of the battle. Bronzong shall set up Dual Screens for excellent support if you do not replace it. Seeing how weak your team is to Water, replacing Crustle may be a wise choice, especially as Bronzong can also stay there during Earthquake sweeps from Excadrill due to its Levitate.

chap196

If you do not remove Bronzong, a pair of Tyranitar and Bronzong stands to be a good choice. No one in the Battle Subway uses weather inducers, so send in Tyranitar without a worry to start Sandstorm automatically at the start of the battle. Bronzong shall set up Dual Screens for excellent support if you do not replace it. Seeing how weak your team is to Water, replacing Crustle may be a wise choice, especially as Bronzong can also stay there during Earthquake sweeps from Excadrill due to its Levitate.

Ok, Thanks for all the suggestion. I will edit the team soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.