• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Double-Team. The ultimate annoyer?

Archaic

rawr!
I just watched a video where a dude swept an entire team with just a Hydreigon that knew:

- Double Team
- Work Up
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse

He used Double Team 5 times and none of the opponents attacks hit Hydreigon. Then he used Work Up 3 times and swept with Dragon Pulse. Friggin crazy...

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
that´s why its banned from smogon.But yeah, i once did something alike, with an zoroark...
so easy it wasnt even funny.

PsiOmega

An old soul
that´s why its banned from smogon.But yeah, i once did something alike, with an zoroark...
so easy it wasnt even funny.

Someone did that to me with their Zoroark... He would've gotten me, cuz he used Mean Look beforehand, but on then I got lucky with Explosion.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Evasion moves like Double Team and Minimize are pretty broken. That's why they're banned.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I hate that move with a passion.

Blazikener

Generation Equality
I used to absolutely hate Double Team. Then I tried playing in the fog. It's moments like that where you're a little more grateful about moves like DT.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Correct me if I am wrong....but I never saw anything in the official rules of the national tournaments saying that you were NOT allowed to use evasion moves. So I guess only the smogon people don't like it because of it's brokeness...but so why do they allow a pokemon with Sand Veil on a Sandstorm team? doesn't that pretty much do the same thing?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I used to absolutely hate Double Team. Then I tried playing in the fog. It's moments like that where you're a little more grateful about moves like DT.

This is actually why I hated that trek to Celestic Town. Nothing like not being able to do diddly to the opponent (and like hell I was going to teach something DeFog)

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Correct me if I am wrong....but I never saw anything in the official rules of the national tournaments saying that you were NOT allowed to use evasion moves. So I guess only the smogon people don't like it because of it's brokeness...but so why do they allow a pokemon with Sand Veil on a Sandstorm team? doesn't that pretty much do the same thing?

Because Sand Veil and Snow Cloak can only raise your evasion one level. Double Team and Minimize can be spammed to raise it many times and make you nearly impossible to hit. And it's "only the smogon people." You can tell by this thread that most people find it annoying. And Smogon's rules are generally used by the majority of the fandom. You'll hear people refer to tiers as if it were official.

This is actually why I hated that trek to Celestic Town. Nothing like not being able to do diddly to the opponent (and like hell I was going to teach something DeFog)

I'd just catch a random Starly or something for a Defog slave and then never use it again.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Because Sand Veil and Snow Cloak can only raise your evasion one level. Double Team and Minimize can be spammed to raise it many times and make you nearly impossible to hit. And it's "only the smogon people." You can tell by this thread that most people find it annoying. And Smogon's rules are generally used by the majority of the fandom. You'll hear people refer to tiers as if it were official.

Oh, I get you. So...if it's so annoying, why not taunt the user? Granted, not everyone carries a taunter, but maybe it should be encouraged.

airaid

Breeding Geek
I hated training my Pokemon in Platinum for that very reason. It doesn't help that when I use it, the other Pokemon still never seems to miss.

This is why hydreigon is an uber. And people seem to overuse hydreigon a lot. Not to mention the fact it's a dragon type and has a lot of iv's in it's special attack.

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
hydreigon + double team FTW!

but seriously, make a team with a ty ranitar and a garchomp.Then the enemy wont hit you.saved me a lot of times.

darthscyther123

Let's not forget about Swift, Shock Wave, and Aura Sphere which ignore evasion. An Aura Sphere user would've finished that Hydreigon off pretty quickly.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ugh, Double Team, I despise it when its an opponent's. I think it's just as bad in Mystery Dungeon as it is in the regular games, especially since the Pokémon loved to spam it. Heck, ALL evasive moves tend to be spammed to death when given the chance, so it's not just Double Team that's the ultimate annoyer. Minimize is just as bad (Koga, I'm looking at you).

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
double team is the most annoying move ever.

Larry

The worst thing about Double Team is the opponent can use it once and avoid every move sent their way.
I use it 3-4 times and can't dodge a hit for crap.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
This is why hydreigon is an uber. And people seem to overuse hydreigon a lot. Not to mention the fact it's a dragon type and has a lot of iv's in it's special attack.

I haven't played in a few weeks, but I don't think hydreigon is über just yet... Their are to many better dragons in life for that title that are not uber

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Do I need to mention Emerald's Battle Fontier? There's the Chansey, Blissey and that one Meganium DT spammer that I never get hits on. And what happens when I use DT? I get hit most of the time.

That's another reason why I dislike DT. It can only take one lucky hit to break through it and mess up a whole strategy.