• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Double-Team. The ultimate annoyer?

Archaic

rawr!
This is why hydreigon is an uber. And people seem to overuse hydreigon a lot. Not to mention the fact it's a dragon type and has a lot of iv's in it's special attack.

Um. Hydreigon isnt a uber. Its OU

Mankanshoku Mako

This is why hydreigon is an uber.
Hydreigon's not an uber, and nothing would ever be put in in ubers on the basis of it learning Double Team.

Not to mention the fact it's a dragon type
So are lots of Pokemon you wouldn't find fighting outside the Little Cup.

and has a lot of iv's in it's special attack.
Any Pokemon can potentially have a lot of Special Attack IVs.

Missingno.Fan

I hate it. I remember on my Sapphire, Sidney's Shiftry used Double Team so many times in a row, I just had to turn my game off.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
On random wi-fi I used a Garchomp with double team in a sandstorm... It was too easy.
Luckily DT is banned competitively. :D

This is why hydreigon is an uber. And people seem to overuse hydreigon a lot. Not to mention the fact it's a dragon type and has a lot of iv's in it's special attack.

Hydreigon uber?
And "a lot of ivs in special attack"? No, every Pokemon has different IVs - Any Pokemon could have good IVs in special attack >_<
"The fact its a dragon type"? I really hope your being sarcastic now.
Where the **** are you getting this info from?

Last edited:
Perhaps BritishWeavile was getting Hydreigon confused with Garchomp? It actually was banned for reasons related to evasion, pretty much how easily it could absolutely mutilate your team if you missed just once against it (pretty likely when Sand Veil gives Stone Edge accuracy to moves normally 100% accurate).

But yeah, I still remember the days of getting PP stalled by some jerk Dusclops with Double Team in Battle Tower. I'm just so glad that most competitive environments have banned Double Team and Minimize.

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
Like most of the people here, I hate evasion boosters because they seem to only work for your opponents and never work for you. I've tried using a Minimize Drifblim, and I had to give that up because everything ALWAYS hit the guy regardless of his evasion.

Though I almost wish I WOULD run into evasion boosters when my Togekiss is around. Aura Sphere is a nice way to get the laugh on such strategies.

Personally though, I think flinching is more annoying than evading. But that's probably because I've had to deal with flinching more often. You can -almost- sympathize with your pokemon for not being able to hit an evasive foe, but when it keeps refusing to move because it's been hit too hard? That sometimes makes me wish you could carry Rocks from the Safari Zone around with you wherever you go.
"JUST MOVE, IDIOT! *rock* GO! RUSH AT IT! SPLASH! ANYTHING! JUST MOVE! *rock* *rock* *rock*"

Mankanshoku Mako

Perhaps BritishWeavile was getting Hydreigon confused with Garchomp? It actually was banned for reasons related to evasion, pretty much how easily it could absolutely mutilate your team if you missed just once against it (pretty likely when Sand Veil gives Stone Edge accuracy to moves normally 100% accurate).

But both he and the OP explicitly mentioned Hydreigon, and the thread title explicitly mentioned Double Team. Add to that that he said mentioned Special Attack IVs(something you would never concern yourself with on pokemon as physically inclined as Garchomp, but would on the specially inclined Hydreigon), and that mixup seems pretty unlikely.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

First of all, Hydreigon isn't an uber. And even if it was, it would have nothing to do with learning Double Team because A) Double Team is banned, and B) almost every Pokemon can learn it. And IVs don't work like that. Any Pokemon can have any IV in any stat. Maybe you meant it has a high Special Attack stat. But still, that has nothing to do with learning Double Team.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
I really hate that move when used against me but love it when I use it because it's like I can feel the other person crying in despair

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Haze.

Okay, that's pretty impractical in tournaments, but I know pretty much squat when it comes to competitive battling.

Adosia

It isn't as frustrating as Double Team I guess, but I absolutely HATE the move Protect when used in-game. I see the validity in using it against a solarbeam/outrage/bounce/rollout etc, but when the trainer uses Protect for absolutely no reason other than to stay alive for one extra turn, it drives me crazy (especially when it's a random Hiker or something).

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
It isn't as frustrating as Double Team I guess, but I absolutely HATE the move Protect when used in-game. I see the validity in using it against a solarbeam/outrage/bounce/rollout etc, but when the trainer uses Protect for absolutely no reason other than to stay alive for one extra turn, it drives me crazy (especially when it's a random Hiker or something).

I've seen a lot of real BS with Protect, too, e.g. AIs pulling off 3-chains slightly too often. Sometimes it does feel like the game actually reads the inputs and/or generates the numbers needed to check odds before performing a move.

7 tyranitars

I dislike Double Team with a passion. When I use it, I always get hit. When the opponent uses it, I can't land a single hit.

This but then with confuse ray X_X.

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Double Team socks (censored?), I was battling against Wallace yesterday in Emerald, and his Ludicolo spammed Double Team. It literally took me 30 minutes to defeat this one pokemon, it killed by itself with Struggle (after using 4 FULL RESTORES !!!1!!11!!)!

Estellise

peachy
I really hate Cynthia's Spiritomb(Only in Black and White) for this reason.I'll attack once,and never hit again.

Well, Double Team messes up an opponent strategy. It has no real counter *discounting Never-Missing moves* I am personally annoyed with Double Team SWELLOW.