• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doubles Rain Team, beginner made

Radius112

Hello. So I'm new to doublebattling and recently got interested in it after watching old VGC tournaments battles on youtube. I love how cool synergy you can have between pokemon which isnt as much in singlebattles (as of my experience).
I'm a beginner when it comes to competitive battling and therefore I'm posting my team which I have grown to love in search for assistance and tips for making it more successful.
The idea of this team was mainly to incorporate my favourite pokemon into working together, which came out as a fun Rain Team. Let's begin!

-----
Politoed (KissMe) at Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk

-Surf
-Icy Wind
-Helping Hand
-Protect

This is my main rain setter. Right now I can't come up with a reason to never bring him into a battle ingame or Wifi. He's made to take the majority of attacks well. After entering the battlefield with Drizzle he's just for supporting others by damaging (and healing) with Surf, slowing opponents down with Icy Wind and boosting teammates attacks with Helping Hand.
-----
-----
Ludicolo (Pépito) at Lum Berry
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk

-Surf
-Giga Drain
-Rain Dance
-Fake Out

Ludicolo was my core before I got me a Politoed and he fills the exactly same role. Now I'm unsure about him. I see him as my extra rain setter and Fake Out. Yet I feel like he fits the team. Need some help with what to do with him from you (hes my most unsure pokemon).
-----
-----
Swampert (Breaker) at Swampertite
Ability: Torrent -> Swift Swim
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Speed

-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Protect

My mega. He's amazing in rain IMO due to outspeeding alot, doing good damage and keeping amazing bulk. When his moves arent effective; flinchhax is always a thing which assists other pokemons with recovery and such. NNot much to say here.
-----
-----
Heliolisk (Ssslippery) at Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Modest
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpAtk / 252 Speed

-Thunder
-Hyper Voice
-Electrify
-Protect

Now this fella is very fun to play with. Thunder gets amazing in rain with the accuracy increase and STAB, Hyper Voice is nice wide damage and these skills do nice damage thaks to high base SpAtk. The third skill; Electrify, is a skill I have never seen anyone used until I got my Heliolisk, Electrify can save MSwampert by making for example: supereffective grass moves into immunity. Aswell as the rest of my team Apart from Politoed can take Electric types attacks very well therefore Heliolisk is a lifesaver. He can endure non-supereffective physical hits thanks to the HP EVs, and live Special hits with his high base SpDef. He regens his Life Orb recoil and gets even more healed when paired together with my Surf users. He looks frail but take take alot of hits due to Dry Skin recovery.
-----
-----
Cacturne (Thornspike) at Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed

-Sucker Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Spiky Shield
-Swords Dance

This guy... is my all-time favorite pokemon since I was a young boy and got my Gen3 pokemon Ruby this is why he always must find a spot in my teams. Cacturne can wreck whole teams if left unchecked and he works very nice in doubles with his new ORAS addition; Spiky Shield. Sucker Punch are to overcome his low speed and Seed Bomb are for those other attacking moments. Swords Dance is great to draw attention and punish fos with Sucker Punch or Spiky Shield. Any supereffective hit will kill him and since he's got 7 weaknesses - Focus Sash is a must. Water Absorb is great when paired with my Surf users as they can heal him to full and activate Focus Sash incase Cacturne took some resisted hits.
-----
-----
Parasect (Zombie) at Leftovers/Sitrus (undecided)
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Careful
EVs: 192 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpDef

-Rage Powder
-Spore
-X-Scissor
-Rototiller

My supporter extreme, annoyer #1, my first idea for a rainteam. With very nice bulk and amazing recovery from Dry Skin, Lefties and a Surfer (over 40% recovery every turn!) he's very hard to kill without fire moves or very strong super effective hits. Spore is an obvious choice, Rage Powder is to draw hits so that your attackers can do their job or just draw resisted hits. X-Scissor is to make use of Parasects nice base attack and avoid taunt-bait. And... Rototiller... Which works good with Cacturne and Ludicolo and just Parasect himself, it's nice synergy even tho it may exist better moves I'll still probably stick to Rototiller mostly because it's unexpected and powerful when timed right.
-----

Overall, the team works nicely and I'm having a blast playing it aswell as most pokemon are not-that-much-used which is fun by it's own. What really wrecks me is when Swampert dies unexpectedly or from a bad Switch-in which can cause major problems to make a come-back. More testing is needed, but thats what I'm doing on my sparetime at the moment.

I hope you enjoyed my team, please post feedback (as I told you, I'm new to teambuilding). Catch ya later!
Radius