• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doubles + Skill Swap

This is a doubles team centered around Regigigas, who becomes an amazing tank with 1 turn of set-up. Experimenting with this has been fun, I've seen countless Haxorus fall victum to it. This IS an experimental team, btw, and its seen good results so far ;)

579.gif

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Attk)
-Skill Swap
-Recover
-Psychic
-Hidden Power (Dark)

Reuniclus was the best choice for a skill-swapper. It had the bulk I was looking for, as well as a nice ability. I chose it over something like Sigilyph because I needed something slower than Scizor (see next why) and Reuniclus has the perfect stats to take Slow Start. Psychic over Psyshock because I will already have a Physical on the field. HP Dark I thpought gave more coverage, and a 2x against Espeon, a very common lead.

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Attk, -SpA)
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Pursuit

The Stage starts off with Reuniclus and Scizor. If an Espeon or the likes comes out, U-Turn with Scizor to Gigas and SS with Reuniclus, so Regigigas gets a guarenteed safe switch, with a 1-turn, Magic Guard + Toxic Orb set up. If a Tyranitar or Meinshao comes, I stick around and Psychic / BP it up a bit. Scizor can switch anytime to Gigas then, and if needed, reuniclus too to heatran. Superpower cover's Reuniclus' Dark / Steel weakness (and TTar). Pursuit is preferred just incase I see another Reuniclus or Alakazam.

486.gif

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Attk, -Spe)
-Facade
-Drain Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch

The Crux. This surprised most people, seeing a Regigigas. His amazing Defensive stats and typing, plus a handy 160 BP attack make him an amazing Tank. 100 Speed catch a lot of Haxorus and Politoed off Guard. not much can switch into a 210 BP Facade. Drain Punch offers some much-needed healing, and with so many Blissey's running rampent, its easy to snag one here and there. Thunderpunch and Ice Punch are for Coverage, mainly 4x ones, since Facade will hit harder than 2x punches. Once Regigigas is set up, I can usually take down 2-3 Pokemon. Not bad for a NU.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp.Attk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Attk)
-Heat Wave
-Earth Power
-HP Grass
-Stealth Rock

My Special sweeper, he fit really well, especially with is typing for safe switch-ins. With reliable and strong attacks, Heatran can deliver. Heat Wave over Fireblast for doubles; Fire Blast has missed too often, and Heat Wave + Flash Fire boost can deal dents in both Pokemon. Earth Power covers the Steel weakness throughout the team, and HP Grass deals with the Bulky water-types. Stealth Rock is mainly filler, but I do need one. Flash fire compliments Scizor's U-Turn very nicely.

227.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAttk)
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Whirlwind
-Roost

After facing a Gigas, Skarmory puts foes to rest. A handy switchin for Reuniclus w/ Slow Start, expecting that shadowball from Gengar. Skarmory also covers types well (all but scizor's) and generally makes a great physical wall. Brave Bird has proven more handy over taunt as Gigas can leave holes left. Taunt prevents setting up, becuase spikes have proven unnecessary. Roost + Leftovers has saved my *** more than I'd have liked, it keeps Skarmory living for ages. Whirlwind hasn't seen much use, but it did help against a Water-Absorbing pair abusing surf.

113.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Attk)
-Wish
-Seismic Toss
-Protect
-Toxic

Chansey. Nothing can be more trollish and wear that smiling face (maybe sableye... or whimsicott, lol). Closest as I've gotten to a Wish Chansey yet. A battle-beaten Reuniclus likes the Wish recovery after being hounded with Slow Start, and Scizor's U-Turn compliments it as well. it is a safe switch with Scizor as I'll be expecting a Fire-Blast / Fiery Dance from Volc. Protect is preferred since I've had so many times Wish + Protect has been more helpful than Softboiled. Toxic stall allows her to actually deal damage instead of being the "Cleric" she is. Seismic Toss is situational on here, since I'm mostly spamming Wish / Protect (the occasional Aggron gets through... ahahaha).

NOTE: This IS a wish chansey. It DOES have a bad nature. It WAS given away 9 Years ago. I COULDNT have decided that. NO ONE could. Sorry, I use it because it is useful.

Help is appreciated, and I wonder if an IV'd Counter Chansey would be better than a random-IV'd, non-natured Wish Chansey??

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Not too big on double battles but you should use something with Taunt (I recommend Gyarados or Tornadus) to prevent the foe from possibly setting up. Also, unlike Slaking, Regigigas is vulnerable to Worry Seed, Entrainment, and Simple Beam. A mention goes to Gastro Acid which Slaking is also vulnerable to. That said, Whimsicott also has some potential on your team due to its access to priority Taunt, Encore, Tailwind, and Worry Seed, but its to be noted that its defences are very weak. Aside from that, I let the other guys chew you up.

If you're foe doesn't see it coming, the little guy I have as my avatar can be quite a pain with Guard Split (on your teammate) and Gastro Acid.

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Ok, first off what kind of doubles are you playing? Espeon a common lead? They come up occasionally, but Intimi-tops and Cresselia are on nearly every team in the doubles scene and Lati@s and Zapdos's are also more common, Espeon's the least of your worries. And then there's Spikes on Skarmory. Since you mentioned the difficulty of finding a Wish Chansey, I can only guess this team is being run from your game cart., not PO. Most double battles played in such a fashion are run 4v4 making running entry hazards a waste of a turn for the most part. In theory it could work, particularly on foes that like to switch a lot, but for the most part the battles end so quickly that there's hardly any switching at all; and absolutely none after two pokemon have fainted. There are parts I do really like about this team though. The switching into Skill Swap with Regigigas and then having the Toxic orb nullified by Magic Guard so that it powers up Facade and make Gigas status immune works really quite beautifully. The rest of the team I'm not too crazy about.

One, your team's too Fighting weak. Three are fighting weak, and two take neutral damage. The only thing standing in their way is Reuniclus. Once he's gone Fighting types will have a field day with this team.

Two, same thing with rain boosted water attacks. Aside from Chansey, I don't see how your team can handle them.

Three, this is doubles, put Protect on more pokemon. From scouting moves, to blocking Fake Out, to forcing wasted turns, to protecting a pokemon until a teammate can remove a counter; Protect is invaluable in doubles.

Four, Trick Room. Do you have any plan for countering it, because I guarantee it will come up.

Five. I'm sure these are typos, but Heatran can't get the ability Serene Grace, nor can it have 252 EV's in three stats (252 Sp.Attk / 252 Spe / 252 SpDef). Flamethrower works, but maybe try Heatwave instead. Being able to hit two foes at once can work wonders at times. And I just noticed it has Stealth Rock. Trade that out for Protect.

NoteLobo

Banned
Umm I hate to be a nitpick but Heatran doesn't get Serene Grace.....

Not too big on double battles but you should use something with Taunt (I recommend Gyarados or Tornadus) to prevent the foe from possibly setting up. Also, unlike Slaking, Regigigas is vulnerable to Worry Seed, Entrainment, and Simple Beam. A mention goes to Gastro Acid which Slaking is also vulnerable to. That said, Whimsicott also has some potential on your team due to its access to priority Taunt, Encore, Tailwind, and Worry Seed, but its to be noted that its defences are very weak. Aside from that, I let the other guys chew you up.
If you're foe doesn't see it coming, the little guy I have as my avatar can be quite a pain with Guard Split (on your teammate) and Gastro Acid.
i saw your post before unediting it, and it is very good advice. I think a Taunt-er will fit really nicely; just today my friend brought up a Gliscor and Stacked SD on me till I got swept. Whimsicott sounds like a very good idea, since like the person below mentioned, I see a common water weakness. it may not be too helpful, but it would be something.
I'd like to stick to Reuniclus as my Skill Swapper, since Magic Guard cancels Toxic, Gives him status immunity, and powers up Facade.

Ok, first off what kind of doubles are you playing? Espeon a common lead? They come up occasionally, but Intimi-tops and Cresselia are on nearly every team in the doubles scene and Lati@s and Zapdos's are also more common, Espeon's the least of your worries. And then there's Spikes on Skarmory. Since you mentioned the difficulty of finding a Wish Chansey, I can only guess this team is being run from your game cart., not PO. Most double battles played in such a fashion are run 4v4 making running entry hazards a waste of a turn for the most part. In theory it could work, particularly on foes that like to switch a lot, but for the most part the battles end so quickly that there's hardly any switching at all; and absolutely none after two pokemon have fainted. There are parts I do really like about this team though. The switching into Skill Swap with Regigigas and then having the Toxic orb nullified by Magic Guard so that it powers up Facade and make Gigas status immune works really quite beautifully. The rest of the team I'm not too crazy about.

One, your team's too Fighting weak. Three are fighting weak, and two take neutral damage. The only thing standing in their way is Reuniclus. Once he's gone Fighting types will have a field day with this team.

Two, same thing with rain boosted water attacks. Aside from Chansey, I don't see how your team can handle them.

Three, this is doubles, put Protect on more pokemon. From scouting moves, to blocking Fake Out, to forcing wasted turns, to protecting a pokemon until a teammate can remove a counter; Protect is invaluable in doubles.

Four, Trick Room. Do you have any plan for countering it, because I guarantee it will come up.

Five. I'm sure these are typos, but Heatran can't get the ability Serene Grace, nor can it have 252 EV's in three stats (252 Sp.Attk / 252 Spe / 252 SpDef). Flamethrower works, but maybe try Heatwave instead. Being able to hit two foes at once can work wonders at times. And I just noticed it has Stealth Rock. Trade that out for Protect.

I play doubles with my friends, but also online, so you are correct, half the time it is 4v4. I have seen Espeon 3 times so far, and Cresselia 2. It appeared to me Espeon was a more common lead :p .
I Maybe taunt over spikes on Skarmory? I'll try that. Skarmory has been set up on twice so far, and I have used spikes once. You do have a point about the water-weakness tough, I have been hit hard in the past with Rain; maybe i'll try Gastrodon, or something similar.
I think I'll add protect to Reuniclus and maybe add lefties, since he doesnt do much sweeping.
I dissagree on Trick Room, I haven't seen one yet. I guess Reuniclus and Scizor could ride it, though, since both have good speed for it.
Heatwave over flamethrower sounds interesting though. I like that idea, since a flash-fire boosted one could deal formidable damage.
Overall, this is a structure team, I had a brain-gasm about Regigigas, and constructed something around it. Still building it, though :).

Umm I hate to be a nitpick but Heatran doesn't get Serene Grace.....
Typo, thanks for pointing that out :).

what do you do if your reuniculus is knocked out? and you havent used ss yet. i see cofagrigus possibly being beneficial to your team, to get rid of opponents abilities, but it and magic guard regigigas would clash a bit. maybe fling with flame orb?
Right now, that is the biggest problem, if Reuniclus dies before a SS.

Cofagrigus would make a formidable wall, but Mummy can really screw with Gigas.

Fling on Regigigas? Oh, that might just work... Especially the Burn chance. That would patch up the Ghost / Psychic weakness, leaving Reuniclus with Protect + Recover + Psychic. Only question is, do I do it over Thunderpunch...? Hmmm... >: )

Thanks for all commentary, very helpful!

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
i thought skill swapping slow start away didn't work because the message "Regigigas got going!" doesn't appear.

to help counter tr, you could try a more bulky heatran set. 252 hp>252 speed. im not that good with doubles, but im glad i put some thought into your team :)
That might work better, the onlything Heatran has outsped is Dragonite, and I've only seen him one. I think it will work!

i thought skill swapping slow start away didn't work because the message "Regigigas got going!" doesn't appear.
Bulbapedia
if skill swap, Gastro acid, or Worry seed is used on this Pokemon, its stats will immediately return to full power. However, the user of Skill Swap will have its Attack and Speed halved.

this^
10char

Yeah, it works just fine :). It also makes Reuniclus the best Swapper, since he doesnt have Speed or Attack to brag about, but has the nice bulk you don't normally see in Psychics.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Yeah, it works just fine :). It also makes Reuniclus the best Swapper, since he doesnt have Speed or Attack to brag about, but has the nice bulk you don't normally see in Psychics.

That, and he can Skill Swap Slow Start to an opponent, potentially crippling a physical sweeper.

I play doubles with my friends, but also online, so you are correct, half the time it is 4v4. I have seen Espeon 3 times so far, and Cresselia 2. It appeared to me Espeon was a more common lead :p .
I Maybe taunt over spikes on Skarmory? I'll try that. Skarmory has been set up on twice so far, and I have used spikes once. You do have a point about the water-weakness tough, I have been hit hard in the past with Rain; maybe i'll try Gastrodon, or something similar.
I think I'll add protect to Reuniclus and maybe add lefties, since he doesnt do much sweeping.
I dissagree on Trick Room, I haven't seen one yet. I guess Reuniclus and Scizor could ride it, though, since both have good speed for it.
Heatwave over flamethrower sounds interesting though. I like that idea, since a flash-fire boosted one could deal formidable damage.
Overall, this is a structure team, I had a brain-gasm about Regigigas, and constructed something around it. Still building it, though :).

Play more battles. In the couple hundred double battles I've played, the number of lead Espeons I've encountered could be counted on one hand. Cresselias on the other hand come up every other match and are a much larger headache to deal with. Overall it doesn't matter though, Scizor handles both. Gastrodon could work on this team. It will definitely deter water attacks, and the rest of your team can take care of it's grass weakness. Reuniclus could ride off Trick Room, Scizor's iffy. As slow as he is, there's still a lot of pokemon that can "outslow" it. But if you think TR's not an issue, who am I to argue. Just keep in mind when facing it to have Skarmory use Whirlwind instead of Taunt on the Trick Room setter; most TR setters carry a Mental Herb to nullify taunts. Other than that instance, Taunt will help in a lot of set up scenarios.

Last edited: