• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

We are forever stuck
Forever salty
We refuse to move on
Ash-Lucario will get the job done.
No. **** Lucario. **** all of Ash’s JN team (except for The Duck and Mr. Fish)

Pteranodonte

No. **** Lucario. **** all of Ash’s JN team (except for The Duck and Mr. Fish)
Yeah, I too find Sirfetch'd and Dracovish the only interesting Pokémon of the Journey team. I like Dragonite too, but if they really wanted to give him a Gengar they should have him take his Hunter back, with it evolving after the trade with Sabrina.
As for Lucario... Ugh, almost as overrated as Charizard, we really didn't need another Lucario, especially since Lucarios in the anime are all the same, just like the Charizards.

TheNewGuy

Thank goodness all the complaints here got retconned like a certain frog free yourselves and let it go

No complaints anymore as the writers rectified their mistake due to the extreme backlash (when Ash won in Alola) and then the Megazard got utterly humiliated. This episode was a disaster, but they have taken steps to rectify it and see they did wrong. When writers show tacit acceptance of their ****-up, complaints become redundant.

It took them like 6 years to fully recover from their error but recover they have.

No complaints anymore as the writers rectified their mistake due to the extreme backlash (when Ash won in Alola) and then the Megazard got utterly humiliated. This episode was a disaster, but they have taken steps to rectify it and see they did wrong. When writers show tacit acceptance of their ****-up, complaints become redundant.

It took them like 6 years to fully recover from their error but recover they have.
It hasn’t been rectified because Greninja never beat MCX and Greninja never got a big achievement in battle.
The Alola League was a joke league and Leon ones hitting MCX was not rectifying the Kalos League loss

TheNewGuy

It hasn’t been rectified because Greninja never beat MCX and Greninja never got a big achievement in battle.
The Alola League was a joke league and Leon ones hitting MCX was not rectifying the Kalos League loss

I was just arguing from my own perspective. Even though it was a shitty battle, Alain's Zard being defeated and crushed was deeply cathartic.

I don't need Greninja to beat MCX or get a "big win", I'm not that invested in it. I'm invested in Ash, who became champion and from the looks of it a better trainer than Alain.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Kalos protector isn’t enough. It’s story was left unfinished. It has to fight and beat legit opponents.
Ash beat Steven with a DEM and will beat Cynthia with a DEM. JN Ash has not surpassed Alain.
Dude its not a freaking DEM to use gimmicks, something Ash earned, ffs.
And Kalos protector is where its story arc was leading to, whether you like or not. Its not about defeating one mon in battle

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Good battle. I still don't really care about the loss either way. When it first aired, I just said "oh, what a shame." then went on with my day. I still don't like Alain as a character after my rewatch but this battle made me like him a little more. Unfezant vs Talonflame was definitely the highlight though. Poor Goodra and Noivern tho :(

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I enjoyed this league and the battles were top notch, but I wish the battles of Ash vs Astrid/Tomos and Alain vs Trevor weren’t cut.