• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Oh, come on. That one was pretty obvious it wasn't going to go end well.

Then again, bulbagarden. Ha ha.

No one knew Sceptile would win or that Latios would appear! The reactions are amazing!!!!

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I like going back to page 4 of this thread just to see the reactions reaching their peak and suddenly blowing up.

Ha ha.
I like going back to page 6. On page 5, people first see that Ash loses and the salt storm begins, but then you see a comment like this in between the venting frustrations. That user... :p :p

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's been ages ever since I last saw this ep. Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X seemed to be very intense and hype, particularly at the climax with Greninja's giant shuriken and that OP Blast Burn. Well I could already feel the salt by then because I've never seen that Charizard get defeated and the fact that Ash hasn't won a league other than the Orange Islands League.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode aired on August 18, 2016. Some other people's timezones might be August 18 already. Mine sure hasn't yet.

Can't believe it's been a year since the episode that crushed everyone's hopes and dreams...

Nah not everyone; I was expecting something like this to happen:p

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
This episode aired on August 18, 2016. Some other people's timezones might be August 18 already. Mine sure hasn't yet.

Can't believe it's been a year since the episode that crushed everyone's hopes and dreams...

I will never forget the day the whole fandom erupted at this episode. I went from liking Alain to hating him, all because he had to be an unstoppable god.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This was the day people should have learned once and for all that it's not a good idea to be emotionally invested in this repetitive 20-year-old commercial that serves first and foremost to market merchandise. Sadly still a lot of people don't take this advice.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I remember watching the live stream's chat. It lagged for me so I was spoiled in the moment.

I giggled watching the meltdown unfold and guffawed when the internet seemingly imploded over being 'betrayed' by the writers.

The YouTube reactions are still funny to this day.

Spyro39

I will never forget the day the whole fandom erupted at this episode. I went from liking Alain to hating him, all because he had to be an unstoppable god.

As hard as this episode hit me, I found the aftermath to be more shocking than the outcome itself. There was so much outrage in ways the fandom expressed that I'm not going to bother listing any of them.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
One year. Long one year has passed since this episode, this heartbreak, Ash coming so close to achieving his goal and still failing, leaving thousands of viewers heartbroken and salty. The title and previews were fully trolling, which enhanced the salt after the episode aired! Took months for me get rid of the salt, but I would never forgive the writers personally for trolling the viewers with a hype-bait title and the Orange Shuriken.

Ash had his highest ranking in a League and came as close as ever, but the heartbreaking moment will haunt me forever, at least to some extent:

n033s0v.gif

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
the meltdown after this episode was honestly so hilarious lmao.

Well if the writers mislead the viewers with a trolling title and the hype bait Orange Shuriken, it's expected, isn't it?

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
An unforgettable day when I literally laughed to my heart's content after this episode ended. This is one of best(if not the best) threads in Serebii's history. :D

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
An unforgettable day when I literally laughed to my heart's content after this episode ended. This is one of best(if not the best) threads in Serebii's history. :D

Posts were going to rain down regardless of whether Ash won or lost. So Ash winning would've at least led to positive posts raining down instead instead of negative.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
At the fateful moment Ash Greninja suddenly collapsed on the ground, I was just confused and stunned. I mean I wasn't even angry or upset, but just stared blankly. I can't explain that feeling.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
At the fateful moment Ash Greninja suddenly collapsed on the ground, I was just confused and stunned. I mean I wasn't even angry or upset, but just stared blankly. I can't explain that feeling.

I broke my mobile phone in frustration and anger at the above moment. :p

Yeah but if Ash had won, we wouldn't have had these glorious comments that we have now. :p
We would have had those glorious posts in somewhat other style. :p

Last edited: