• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I broke my mobile phone in frustration and anger at the above moment. :p

Well I was watching it during my treatment session, so I guess I couldn't react like that even if I wanted to since my BP would have gone off the charts.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well I was watching it during my treatment session, so I guess I couldn't react like that even if I wanted to since my BP would have gone off the charts.

I see. I was watching just after my lunch in a passionate manner so I got more triggered. :p

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
BLAST BURN!!!

~ Never forget ~

August 17th, 2016

It should've been

BLASTO BURNOUUUU!!!!

Seriously,I was on vacation when I learned about this title and I gave it a thought, read comments that Ash will win. Night before this episode aired, I thought :" Nah, Ash will lose." And I remember waking up early, (my internet was sh*t) trying to watch livestream and I saw chat( because video lagged) like: " Ash is an idiot, Ash is a noob etc" It was a moment I knew Ash lost. A-G lost. I was like sad for a moment or two then I realized: Ash will never win. I still like him, he's still my childhood hero.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This episode cost my expensive Iphone.....but yeah, I feel the frustration I showed was justified given how the writers trolled the viewers with hype bait title and Orange Shuriken.

CMButch

I remember watching the live stream's chat. It lagged for me so I was spoiled in the moment.

I giggled watching the meltdown unfold and guffawed when the internet seemingly imploded over being 'betrayed' by the writers.

The YouTube reactions are still funny to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hPSZlCMzg

This was the funniest reaction for me.

I am gonna say this as many users already said it:
As long there are games, Ash will be there, will always lose, never win. If he didn't win in XY, it seems he won't win a league in next 20 years.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

As long there are games, Ash will be there, will always lose, never win. If he didn't win in XY, it seems he won't win a league in next 20 years.

To be honest, I was also rooting for Ash just like that guy, so my reaction was also something.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

My favourite reaction seems to have been deleted.

The reactor basically raged. Hard. Then whips out a Death Note with Pikachu on the front, writes Ash Ketchum in. 'Death by Charizard'.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My favourite reaction seems to have been deleted.

The reactor basically raged. Hard. Then whips out a Death Note with Pikachu on the front, writes Ash Ketchum in. 'Death by Charizard'.

Comparing to my reaction, that's nothing I bet. :p

Spyro39

I think this post from page 15 in this thread sums up the Kalos League reaction nicely:

I love how one battle could have made the difference from "XY BEST LEAGUE EVAH!!!!1111 ULTIMATE TEAM!!!!1111 AMOURSHIPPING ALSO CONFIRMED WAHOO XDXDXDXDXDXD" to "**** THESE WRITERS, **** ASH, **** ALAIN, **** STATUS QUO, PIECE OF **** LEAGUE".

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
I remember watching the episode while on my break. I almost went nuts. Was mad the rest of the day.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I remember watching the episode while on my break. I almost went nuts. Was mad the rest of the day.

Mutual feelings bro. I also couldn't sleep the whole night (apart from smashing my iPhone at the loosing moment). :(

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Mutual feelings bro. I also couldn't sleep the whole night (apart from smashing my iPhone at the loosing moment). :(

I was too shocked to smash or throw anything. Honestly, the match killed my excitement for the anime. I occasionally watch some SM episodes but the passion that i rediscovered during Gen 6 and XY has largely evaporated. A good college friend of mine feels the same way. We both religiously watch XY and read Fanfiction. Now, it is like, oh well.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Meanwhile in some mirrorvese:
[Spoil]Yeah!!! The one year anniversary of Ash finally taking the first massive step towards becoming a Pokémon Master by winning a regional league! Too bad that the champions League had to be cancelled due to the TF incident though they might let Ash do it at some time in the future. The Pokémon of prophecy Ash-Greninja slayed the mighty flaming dragon to close out the battle of generations but let's not forget that this was only possible because of the crucial damage that Pikachu, who was the true MVP of that battle as 1 would expect from Ash's most trusted Pokémon, had previously caused. I can still remember the tears of joy trickling down my face as the announcer declared Ash victor of the Kalos League with Ash immediately falling down on his back and my heart skipping a beat as he clenched his fist in triumph towards the sky with an image of all his major companions appearing at that moment. This was truly a joyous day where our childhoods were fulfilled and I'll remember it for as long as I live :) :)!!!! All Hail Ash the victor!!!!![/Spoil]
Literally nothing about the rest of the story would actually change if that result did.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I was too shocked to smash or throw anything. Honestly, the match killed my excitement for the anime. I occasionally watch some SM episodes but the passion that i rediscovered during Gen 6 and XY has largely evaporated. A good college friend of mine feels the same way. We both religiously watch XY and read Fanfiction. Now, it is like, oh well.

Same in the case of me. I also religiously watched XY and read fanfiction(which presents an idealized Ash). And that loss made me even consider quitting the anime. Now things have passed, and my passion of watching the anime too!

But I still have hope that Ash will succeed in his goal someday. :)

Last edited:

CMButch

Same in the case of me. I also religiously watched XY and read fanfiction(which presents an idealized Ash). And that loss made me even consider quitting the anime. Now things have passed, and my passion of watching the anime too!

But I still have hope that Ash will succeed in his goal someday. :)

In 20 years once Pokemon game market starts to decline, you can start hoping that Ash wins :D.

More games= Ash is even more and more here with us.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
In 20 years once Pokemon game market starts to decline, you can start hoping that Ash wins :D.

More games= Ash is even more and more here with us.

He can win and still be there with us, there's got to be some way.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
If he had Oshawott, Osha would KO Charizard. Water>Fire :D

Ash's kid that kinda looks like young Ash? His name: Crash :D

Dragon > Water