• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

AuraChannelerChris

The Dragon / "Dog"
Maybe never forgotten, but I have already forgiven it (or more than anything realized it wasn't really bad in the first place)
Eh, I think differently. All the hype for nothing. Not to mention the league was simply two full battles for Ash (and the only battles we even saw in full for him). This league was poorly written with its content.

It doesn't help the league was aaaaaaaaaaall about Ash-Greninja winning the big parts. Well, screwing a poor Altaria guy and Sawyer at least, before being roasted alive MCX style. (At least Hawlucha screwed Astrid, but...c'mon, I'd have enjoyed seeing the whole battle against her, not that it would have fixed a lot of the bad things.)

Last edited:

dman_dustin

You just don't skip over stuff only for Ash to lose that's awful lol.
Yeah I would've like to properly see Ash's battle with Astrid.....NOPE here's Tierno vs Sawyer which isn't bad but then you realize we ONLY ever saw Sawyer and Alain's battle with Ash's and then it becomes bad.

I mean sure, maybe they wanted to show off Sawyer a bit, to give him a good proper win, but could've added an extra episode, or changed the plot of the fillers to account for this.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It wasn't just the fiery finish for Ash, it was the fiery finish for dub titles being used for the thread titles in this section of the forum. After this episode, which is the last episode to carry the dub title in the name of the thread, @Serebii stopped updating the thread titles when dub titles were revealed lol

Sonnas

It wasn't just the fiery finish for Ash, it was the fiery finish for dub titles being used for the thread titles in this section of the forum. After this episode, which is the last episode to carry the dub title in the name of the thread, @Serebii stopped updating the thread titles when dub titles were revealed lol
Huh I was wondering why they never put in the dub titles on these anymore.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
In all honesty I never cared if Ash lost or won here. I just wanted to see a good fight, which I did. This is what anime is for me: good Pokemon fights. SM had them but not as much as XY which is understandable(being SoL)( apart from Alola league which has a few good battles) but

What makes me bummed about PJ is not lack of battles but that battles weren't done that good when it comes to COTD fights like Electabuzz and Heracross.I liked that Meganium fight. Tauros fight I don't remember that much.Honestly they should start picking up, PJ is definitely better than SM so far so we will see.

Well, I've rewatched the Kalos League and somehow the writing in regards to its conclusion somehow got worse. Episodes 36-38 are just bad, no ifs and buts about it when it comes to many writing decisions.

The animation and directing is amazingly good. I meant it when I said a long time ago that Ash vs Alain was the best 6v6 battle in the anime. Every move is paced incredibly well, everything flows so smoothly, the storyboarding is great...

It's just so incredibly sad that the writing behind it was so weak.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Well, I've rewatched the Kalos League and somehow the writing in regards to its conclusion somehow got worse. Episodes 36-38 are just bad, no ifs and buts about it when it comes to many writing decisions.

The animation and directing is amazingly good. I meant it when I said a long time ago that Ash vs Alain was the best 6v6 battle in the anime. Every move is paced incredibly well, everything flows so smoothly, the storyboarding is great...

What exactly makes episode 36 bad? It's more of a Flare Arc episode than a League episode anyway

RafaSceptile

What exactly makes episode 36 bad? It's more of a Flare Arc episode than a League episode anyway
XYZ36 was a very NEEDED episode. Not only it was an introduction of the Team Flare Arc, but also finally it provides to the Kalos League some pacing, because the previous 4 episodes were super rushed I should rate that episode over the first 2 episodes of the Kalos League.

Dragalge

Leaked footage

I like a couple of 6 vs 6’s more but I agree that’s Ash vs Alain was better than Ash vs Sawyer.

RafaSceptile

I like a couple of 6 vs 6’s more but I agree that’s Ash vs Alain was better than Ash vs Sawyer.
I think Ash VS Sawyer was a bit better than Ash VS Alain because Sawyer really felt as an Ash's rival, and that made the battle more special. Even if Ash VS Alain is a bit better visually, I don't believe in Ash and Alain's rival (even if he really is)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
XYZ36 was a very NEEDED episode. Not only it was an introduction of the Team Flare Arc, but also finally it provides to the Kalos League some pacing, because the previous 4 episodes were super rushed I should rate that episode over the first 2 episodes of the Kalos League.
Yeah, XY&Z36 isn't even a league episode, and it's also not a league filler like BWS2-21. It's more like DP136, aka the final villain episode before the main villain arc that sets everything up. Now, the gap between DP136 and DP150, when the Galactic finale started, is much longer than the three-episode gap between XY&Z36 and the arc starting in XY&Z39. Nevertheless, it plays the same story role than DP136 plays, and it's not a league episode at all. It's a villain arc setup episode that just happens to take place between league episodes because all the major players required for the episode are located in the same place.

RafaSceptile

Yeah, XY&Z36 isn't even a league episode, and it's also not a league filler like BWS2-21. It's more like DP136, aka the final villain episode before the main villain arc that sets everything up. Now, the gap between DP136 and DP150, when the Galactic finale started, is much longer than the three-episode gap between XY&Z36 and the arc starting in XY&Z39. Nevertheless, it plays the same story role than DP136 plays, and it's not a league episode at all. It's a villain arc setup episode that just happens to take place between league episodes because all the major players required for the episode are located in the same place.
Now that I think about it, the last 3 leagues had this non-related league episode (BW2-21, XY&Z36 and SM140), one was a filler, other was a Team Flare setup and the final one was an Exhibition Match setup