• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

diakyu

I'm real glad they dragged Greninja's arc through the mud in one fell swoop giving Alain a win that makes no sense with his arc.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Team Flare Arc looks a lot better than the finals of the League.

Holy157

Huh, the lack of XYZ really hurt Ash. I suppose having Ash win would take too much time, plus they might give him more growth throughout the TF arc.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Well it's the exact same feeling I had with Tobias. Pissed, but at least he reached a more higher place than previously.

Oh man it was soooo damn close.

BlueDragonfangirl

He loses. I knew it.

Yah know, along time ago I had a feeling Ash would loose this way but there were so many reasons why Ash should have won.

I am soooo pissed, you have no idea how pissed I am over this. Yah I get why Alan should have won too he was in a predicament but F.

I never should have gotten my hopes up for Ash winning a stinking league, no matter how much more sense it would have made.

This is even worse than that time the stupid writers trolled us with that date episode. HAHA Yes, the Guy's who kept saying he'd never win were right, have fun with your gloating.

If I had kept my expectations down low, soo low I wouldn't been feeling this way. Stupid title should have known it'd be a troll ish title, XY loves doing troll ish things to it's fandom.

Edit;

Forgot to say, the league over all sucked FYI. I was looking forward to the final to hoping Ash would win but nope screw the fans, this is kind of like Dragon Ball S that the creator walks all over it's original viewers and just doesn't give a flip. Ash was hardly shown this league, which doesn't make an F sense. Yes, show random rivals over the main character. What's worse is Alan didn't even care about the league he just entered to battle Ash, is that ok you stupid writers? I'll still continue to watch the series like I've been doing. Just never going to get my hopes up, with gyms no longer being in the next region why the F did he loose? Last league, sure crush the kid even more.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Blame Ash's Dragon's for being jobbers... if he brought reserves, this match was in the bag. Pikachu outshines the entire Kalos group in the league though, so wow

Agreed his dragon types are so overrated. He should have brought back Charizard over Goodra.

Samatarou

I'm so disappointed.

I mean ok Ash didnt win but...come on! It was a NON EPIC battle. Basically Pikachu and Goodra fell down immediatly (DAMN GOODRA COME ON!) even Bisharp too. Then 5 minutes of Charizard spamming Dragon Claw and Blaze Burn... I'm so sad.

Amine

It is progress guys. Ash never reached the finals before.

That being said, he absolutely must win in Sun&Moon (whatever they're planning on doing with that).

Still really disappointing.

Don't ever count on it, he will never win, the writers just made that very clear.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
So much salt in this thread rn.

Next step is the shippers getting BTFO and then X/Y will live on forever known as the greatest thing to happen to animu since JoJo getting animated.

Grey Wind

Oh well :/

I'm disappointed with the loss, but that battle was incredible. Goodra vs Bisharp was surprisingly good (although there was no reason for a Goodra loss... Greninja finished the job in like five seconds) and I really liked that they showed the swamp guys rooting for it. Greninja's battle against Charizard wasn't as good as its one against Sceptile IMO, but there was still some fantastic animation in there and it really got my heart racing. I don't really know why they didn't just give Ash the win... it makes more narrative sense than Alain winning does, and it's not like he would have to be massively reset or anything. It's a shame (some of you are really overreacting though lol).

Last edited:

pokemaster442

いくZ!
Still a good episode but its just like anything i've seen anything over 20 years of watching the show. I knew that they would not let Satoshi win but was hoping for that not to happen.

Ominous Wind

Gotta hand it to them. They baited us until the very end and never allowed the outcome to be spoiled. Why do this when other times they have spoiled the outcome, I don't know.