• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Greninja doesn't suck, the writers do.
Have him face a Mega Charizad X that straight defeated 10 mega Pokemon one after other. It's pretty much the same situation with Ash and Tobias in DP. Greninja never had a chance against Alain's MCX.
I mean that means Charizard had buildup, unlike Tobias

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Quit talking out of your asses, please, is there even an Ashmon that could ever possibly EVEN TOUCH Greninja? Let alone defeat him.

And I’m not talking about Ash-Greninja. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Ash-Greninja either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Ash-Greninja with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Ash-Greninja with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNAand face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I’m definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Ash-Greninja with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye’s spinach. I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Ash-Greninja with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
*shoots Greninja* win

Red and Blue

The tongue scarf has always been dumb and Frogadier is a far better design than Greninja. (it's also better than Froakie, and they're all inferior to Chesnaught) plus there was no way Ash was winning a League with Pikachu knocked out (sure, he managed in Alola, but since there was a special match afterward against the strongest Alola Trainer, it essentially didn't count).
Why would Pikachu be the one to defeat Charizard X? Greninja was the one who had a rivalry with it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
ez for you to say in the middle of summer. come back when it's cold af I bet you'll want a tongue scarf then huh
...did...did you really just say that to me? You know who I idolize.

TheWanderingMist

Why would Pikachu be the one to defeat Charizard X? Greninja was the one who had a rivalry with it.
that's literally not the point. the point was Pikachu (and ONLY Pikachu) was always going to be the one delivering the final blow in any League Ash won (and I've given my reasons for why the Alola League still counts toward this).
Misdreavus?
I don't idolize Misdreavus. I just want one as my Pokemon.

Red and Blue

that's literally not the point. the point was Pikachu (and ONLY Pikachu) was always going to be the one delivering the final blow in any League Ash won (and I've given my reasons for why the Alola League still counts toward this).

I don't idolize Misdreavus. I just want one as my Pokemon.
Disagree. They could have let Greninja or any other Pokemon of Ash's win a League for him if they really wanted to.

Morax

King of heroes
Greninja doesn't suck, the writers do.
Have him face a Mega Charizad X that straight defeated 10 mega Pokemon one after other. It's pretty much the same situation with Ash and Tobias in DP. Greninja never had a chance against Alain's MCX.
No kerry, Alain was built-up as a wall to be overcome. Going by traditional shounen logic Alain was meant to be defeated there. The only reason he won is because status quo.

It's not that greninja wasn't strong enough. The person who owns the anime wanted him to lose. Replace the frog with Arceus and the outcome won't change.

TheWanderingMist

Disagree. They could have let Greninja or any other Pokemon of Ash's win a League for him if they really wanted to.
Nope. Pikachu and only Pikachu was always the only choice, and it could never be any other. Just as the Pharaoh was always destined to be Yugi's final opponent, so was Pikachu destined to be the chosen final Pokemon for Ash.

Morax

King of heroes
Oh before the clock strikes 12:00 where I am, I just wanted to say Happy 5th Year Anniversary to Greninja's Big Fat L!
Why is it such a big deal anyway? It's not like he lost to a lvl 5 magikarp, that's Alain's Charizard right there. If greninja couldn't kill it nobody can.

Red and Blue

Nope. Pikachu and only Pikachu was always the only choice, and it could never be any other. Just as the Pharaoh was always destined to be Yugi's final opponent, so was Pikachu destined to be the chosen final Pokemon for Ash.
So you're really going to tell me if Ash was allowed to win the Kalos League Greninja wasnt going to be the one to beat its rival? Sorry I just don't agree.

If they really needed Pikachu to get a final win like in SM they could of just had it take down Lysandre's Mega Gyarados like in the actual series.

RafaSceptile

So you're really going to tell me if Ash was allowed to win the Kalos League Greninja wasnt going to be the one to beat its rival? Sorry I just don't agree.

If they really needed Pikachu to get a final win like in SM they could of just had it take down Lysandre's Mega Gyarados like in the actual series.
The Team Flare arc was still unrelated to the Kalos League, so not the exact same thing as with the Exhibition Match