• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If he brought reserves than they would have still jobbed lol.Considering how that's what they did to Swellow in DP
I know... I just trying to figure out why the Dragon's were pointless

Mr. Guy

Banned
Zero. They team up as soon as Team Flare acts up.

Yep, preview was just shown. Ash and Alain team up to fight against Team Flare.

At least we'll get to see how Greninja factors in the prophecy. They didn't win the League, but they still get to be the saviors of Kalos.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So this was very underwhelming(nothing to do with Satoshi losing)...

Goodra sets up Rain Dance, but not really since it disappears right away, making Goodra absolutely useless in the match, to further prove this, Greninja comes and one shot Bisharp.

The Charizard vs Greninja battle was o weird, so many pauses, and very bad fight coordination frankly. The last clash was just lame, it didn't have an impact at all, Unfezant vs Talonflame thad more last week.

The best part of the episode was the Team Flare part to me, even though I think they should have given more time to the fight, and give Team flare a smaller segment, we got plenty of episodes coming.

I enjoyed last week episode way more than this one, though this was a pretty bad ending to an enjoyable battle

Dragon jobbers gonna job.

Also is Greninja Shuriken, Froakie flubber thingies now? it can do everything, can he feed starving children with those shuriken?

I could tell this was The B plot, the A plot was clearly the Flare Arc

Clearly, which is mindboggling why Satoshi main objective is the secondary plot...

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Why did they named the ep like that? Why did they hyped the friggin Rasen Shuriken? Why was this batle all in all less climatic than Sawyer vs Ash? Why was the music not so good? RAAAAAH

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
That was very anticlimactic, and it ended in the worst way possible. FML. I'm done. I'm too tired to rage. Still, that just ruined my whole week.

saki888

It's been fun talking to you guys but I have to go to sleep and after watching that I am done with series completely

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
*Sigh*

Time to wait for another 3-4 years. Goddamnit.

No point in waiting. Next series may not even feature a League, and with this episode the writers are literally saying "Nope, Ash will never win a League".

Well, I'm officially done. I'm not going to hope anymore for a victory for Ash. For me, all next Leagues will just be a way to see battles, but it's pretty much obvious now that Ash will be forever a second banana.

rohil

Well that's his highesh finish ever so well I'm happy and pissed off at the same time but nonetheless what was the rest of the episode about?

firestar319

The Marauder
I dont know what's more disappointing: the fact that Ash lost or the fact that the ending to the battle was very anticlimactic for all the buildup it had.

I'm depressed. This was goofy

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Ash lost.

Haha. HAHAHA. HAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Got up at fricking 5:50 AM for this, just to see Ash get defeated by a Gary Sue...

Ah well, at least the battle was good. Plus, now that crazy guy form the other thread has to give us all $20. :p

diakyu

Glad to see Alain will make it out of this series absolved of all sins by helping in the TF climax and even gets away with a league title under his belt. What an amazing character.

Look forward to the Gary Stu arguments that have literally no opponent now lol

woodt

I haven't watched pokemon since early Hoenn / played a game properly since gen 3, but had to come back to see if Ash would finally win a league.

I don't get why the people watching this show waiting for Ash to win something are still watching. There's no sense, logic or consistency behind any of the decisions made by the writers mainly because it's a kid's show and they're more than likely restrained in what they can do with it. Let's be honest, the guy's now got at least 6 years of training experience behind him in show. If he pulled out his best pokemon he'd stomp the likes of Alain. Anyway, I'll probably check back in 6 years when I'm 30 and see if Ash can get something together then.