• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

slowdude

Well that sucked. Goodra drops dead without doing anything and Greninja barely fazed Charizard. **** you status quo.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If Ash was never meant to win why give him this super special Greninja forme and not just Mega Greninja and call it quits?!

I legitimately do not understand this league, they tried to build something big up but ultimately copped out.

Absolutely disappointing...

ljcmarques

Ok, it really sucks that he lost, but he has never been runner-up in a league before. Let's be reasonable.

He did a great job. He fell for one tiny little bit of power.

I'm ok with it, althought i'd prefer to have the stadium attacked before the battle was over hahah

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Well... that was a let down. Now I just feel silly for trying to have hope for Ash.

At least the Team Flare arc is looking great.

Jorgesnoopy

Well ****.

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
I need a mountain full of salt RIGHT NOW!

Nonetheless, team Flare arc begins...and Ash has gotten to the final for the first time sooo.....character's progression? Yay?

Navin

MALDREAD
Don't ever count on it, he will never win, the writers just made that very clear.

It was his first time ever reaching the finals, and without reserves.

If Sun&Moon brings back reserves and is like DP 2.0, then maybe he'll win it all.

I think a tie would have been way more appropriate, but it just sucks because we have to wait through another 3-4 years until S&M end-game happens.

------------------

"Ultimate Team" Tapu Koko.

wandiong

Yep, preview was just shown. Ash and Alain team up to fight against Team Flare.

At least we'll get to see how Greninja factors in the prophecy. They didn't win the League, but they still get to be the saviors of Kalos.

but diantha stepped down from champ and alan is next champ
what need to said now?
trial? another ******** from orange league? cmon!!
i never trust ash gonna win champ until he captured a legendary pokemon now!

Amine

Well I think i'm finally done with pokemon. I only watched the gym and league episodes anyway, and now that I know he will never win, no need to continue watching.

****ing writers.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i'm super pissed
after all hogging screen he got in XY yet still lose the league, yup the status quo is continue , there no breaking status quo
ASH IS NEVER TO BE A POKEMON MASTER
hope sun and moon reset him again, it feel better when he stupid and lose the league , this time no excuse he got it in bag and yet the writer screw it

HAPPY that Pikachu si freaking MVP, Ash Greninja Who??

Mr. Guy

Banned
Greninja barely even took any hits. They were on pretty much even footing, with Greninja having a slight upperhand.

If Charizard can survive Super Water Shuriken, there's no reason one Blast Burn should be able to take out Ash-Greninja.

Wow. Didn't think they would waste that much pre match hype and the character arcs on a Gary Stu win but boy was I wrong. At least they established there's absolutely no reason to ever watch again because the status quo Will. Not. Change. Ever.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
If Ash was never meant to win why give him this super special Greninja forme and not just Mega Greninja and call it quits?!

I legitimately do not understand this league, they tried to build something big up but ultimately copped out.

Absolutely disappointing...

Because there is no mega Greninja, and the writers wanted to give him a BS mega, just like he has 300 different moves courtesy of his giant shuriken that does everything.

I'm more bothered by giving him Noibat, not training it at all, evolving it, and then make it job everything, and also send Goodra away to nerf him, bring Goodra back, and make Goodra job alongside Noivern.

diakyu

Interestingly enough at the start of vs Greninja they portrayed Charizard as the underdog. Conveniently forgetting his track record is far superior to anything else in this show. What garbage, would've taken Tobias 2.0 over this.

Kdude146

I honestly had a feeling that Alain would win the league three years ago when we first met him. Over all it was a really good battle and the ending of this episode leading into the team flare arc makes me so hpyed for what is to come next.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I guess that wanting Ash to win a league is as hopeless as the people who actually think that Serena will go along with him to Alola.

Yeah, pretty much. I think this league proves that Pokémon is never changing in any sort of meaningful way, so anyone expecting any sort of progress should just stop wasting their time.