• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

Haunter ゴースト

Well, as much as i wanted Ash to win it was a good battle. People are getting way too annoyed.

The main thing that annoyed me is how much of an advantage Ash-Greninja had over Mega Charizard X, Pikachu's Super Effective hits on it and Greninja's typing over it added together with the fact Imperfect Ash Greninja nearly defeated it.

Obviously when you fight with your all things are different, just like other people have said the build up with Ash-Greninja feels like it dropped.

Regardless, excellent episode. Excellent fight.

Anybody notice the rainbow behind Greninja when it transformed btw? Rainbow Greninja confirmed?

diakyu

So, how many hits on Greninja was it? Two?

I think, now I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw Greninja on the end of multiple leaf storms three episodes ago.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Why act pompous about it when literally everyone here thought there was at least a chance?

"Everyone here"

So a bunch of teenagers, manchildren and shitposters saying something could happen suddenly makes it more likely? The anime section of serebii forums dot com isn't exactly a vast world of knowledge, you know.

Janovy

Banned
Why act pompous about it when literally everyone here thought there was at least a chance?
Oh please. Check the poll thread and just see how many people thought Ash was going to win.

The majority. Obviously. Because XY would break the status quo and Serena would become Ash's girlfriend.

Navin

MALDREAD
I love how one battle could have made the difference from "XY BEST LEAGUE EVAH!!!!1111 ULTIMATE TEAM!!!!1111 AMOURSHIPPING ALSO CONFIRMED WAHOO XDXDXDXDXDXD" to "**** THESE WRITERS, **** ASH, **** ALAIN, **** STATUS QUO, PIECE OF **** LEAGUE".

Like come on, this league had other problems too. No reserves for no reason. Only two battles for Ash after rushing to the semifinals. There were zero ****ing cameos so it never felt like the finals. This could have easily been the semifinals (in many ways, it felt more like the semis than the finals), and nothing would have changed.

The major positives are that the writers are back to making him lose respectably (Harrison, Tyson, Trollbias, Alain) and gave precedent by reaching the finals (this is key).

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I have to agree with you here, even I thought Ash would win. I just played devils adovcate like I always do. I guess I was slightly right about him feeling pain, but that wasn't why he lost. He lost because losing is his thing I guess : /

Hell's no. The Johto League is still the best. At least Ash had some legit strong fighters, with each of their team being strong on their own merits, and the battles themselves were great. I tend to watch it from time to time. Harrison and Gary were legit and strong rivals. Here, in the Kalos League, Alain is barely a rival. He just slapped together a team with a few Pesudo Legendaries served to job, so Mega Charizard X could take all the glory. Hell, I'm pretty sure Alain could just one-shot the Champion with just Mega Charizard X, seeing as he wrecked Mega Houndoom, a Pokémon owned by one of the Kalos Elite Four.
Fair enough, I forgot Johto btw...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well, as much as i wanted Ash to win it was a good battle. People are getting way too annoyed.

The main thing that annoyed me is how much of an advantage Ash-Greninja had over Mega Charizard X, Pikachu's Super Effective hits on it and Greninja's typing over it added together with the fact Imperfect Ash Greninja nearly defeated it.

Obviously when you fight with your all things are different, just like other people have said the build up with Ash-Greninja feels like it dropped.

Regardless, excellent episode. Excellent fight.

Anybody notice the rainbow behind Greninja when it transformed btw? Rainbow Greninja confirmed?

The battle was crap, and anticlimatic, did you actually watch the battle or look at screenshots? the coordination of the whole thing was crap.

As I said I don't give a crap about the result, but the episode was crap besides the Team Flare stuff, it is not a matter of taste, the least you could say is it was "decent", calling it excellent is bs.

The major positives are that the writers are back to making him lose respectably (Harrison, Tyson, Trollbias, Alain) and gave precedent by reaching the finals (this is key).

Rushing him out of the league with a dude full of legendaries is respectable?

Last edited:

ttiptoes

It doesn't even matter if the next series have good writing and development when it just leads to him losing it's just pointless

Lucas MV

You want to know the saddest part? I've been avoiding spoilers like crazy for over a month now, and it turns out the winner was never spoiled. F*** me.

I can't believe he lost. I really thought this was it. But, if BW didn't make me quit, nothing will.

I'm with you Ash, now and forever. You will get what you deserve eventually... But man, what a dissapointment.

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
How long do you guys think salt from this last? Months? Years? Half a decade?

1 week since this is just a anime (a very very long anime where the main character never reaches his goal) and people need to move on. Of course the salt will still be in our memory until he actually win a league (gen 8 lmao)

DannyDiglett

Noooooooooooooooo!!! Not again!!! Seriously writers, are you kidding me?! Ash lost a league for the 6th time in a row. What is the problem for Ash winning a league?! Is the problem that big??? Ash should win at least ONCE!!!

XxlapsxX

Now we can see all this people saying "oh i expected that, i'm not dissappointed at all, im super mature" that is just BS, this episode and this whole league was a scam

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Oh thank **** he lost.

Would have left a bad taste in my mouth if his first league win was in an a saga that barely tried to establish continuity with the series.

League champion's just a title anyway. There are more meaningful ways to become #1.

Cevil

People have the full right to be annoyed about this, it's just been proven that the writers will never let Ash get a glimpse at victory.

Haunter ゴースト

The battle was crap, and anticlimatic, did you actually watch the battle or look at screenshots? the coordination of the whole thing was crap.

Give over.

If youre salty about him losing give it a break. The battle was entertaining, a fair bit of it had strategy and clever moves, enough to make it one of the best battles in the show for me.

Opinion is an opinion.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I love how one battle could have made the difference from "XY BEST LEAGUE EVAH!!!!1111 ULTIMATE TEAM!!!!1111 AMOURSHIPPING ALSO CONFIRMED WAHOO XDXDXDXDXDXD" to "**** THESE WRITERS, **** ASH, **** ALAIN, **** STATUS QUO, PIECE OF **** LEAGUE".

Like come on, this league had other problems too. No reserves for no reason. Only two battles for Ash after rushing to the semifinals. There were zero ****ing cameos so it never felt like the finals. This could have easily been the semifinals (in many ways, it felt more like the semis than the finals), and nothing would have changed.

That's what collective hype does to you. It leaves you numb and naive.

So I empathize with everyone's sentiment right now, in that regard. I'm sure after a while people will have a more objective opinion on the Kalos league as a whole.