• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

Soniman

Break the Limit
these reactions are fantastic, oh well thats life.

everyone is free to dump n the kalos league now, only one fully fleshed out battle win for ash, please

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh please. Check the poll thread and just see how many people thought Ash was going to win.

The majority. Obviously. Because XY would break the status quo and Serena would become Ash's girlfriend.

Exactly, lately the Anime team has been breaking the Anime traditions, more so than ever in the XY series. They did so much pointing to
Ash winning the league, guess a lot of us were hoping that'd be another Anime tradition they'd break, now of all times would have made the most sense what with next series not having leagues or gyms in it. Oh silly me, Anime team wants to screw with Ash's dream, you know what'd kill his dream even more? If James of team rocket entered in one league and won.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
How epic was Bisharp though... I mean that thing did quite the number on Ash

diakyu

And for some reason Lysandre is the bad guy for wanting to destroy all this lol...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It was a respectable loss, as opposed to Cameron. Kalos League could have been way worse. He could have lost to Leprechaun in some type of "student overcomes master" plotline.

But Gon showed he was strong otherwise he wouldn't have beaten him, the writer went full retard, and exaggerated on also making hum go full retard and use only 5 pokemon, but the guy was dumb, but a good battler, but I'm not disagreeing with you there, it wasn't a good ending. I was just talking about I don't think rushing him out of the league after all his work with a guy just smashing his whole team with legendaries wasn't fun

How epic was Bisharp though... I mean that thing did quite the number on Ash

Until it's job to rush Goodra out of the league end, and he was one shotted.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
How long do you guys think salt from this last? Months? Years? Half a decade?

A couple of days.

People will be very much pissed off, just not to the extent of right now. If people can get over the bs that was Tobias, the can get over the Gary Sue that is Alain.

Joltik-Kid

Exactly, lately the Anime team has been breaking the Anime traditions, more so than ever in the XY series. They did so much pointing to
Ash winning the league, guess a lot of us were hoping that'd be another Anime tradition they'd break, now of all times would have made the most sense what with next series not having leagues or gyms in it. Oh silly me, Anime team wants to screw with Ash's dream, you know what'd kill his dream even more? If James of team rocket entered in one league and won.
They did break a tradition though... Ash never ended up beating Alain when it counted the most (for his dream). In the past he always beat the opponent who owned him throughtout the region

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
What is the problem for Ash winning a league?!

I think the writers feel that, a dream has to remain a dream and never get fulfilled, since it was a fleeting dream to begin with.

That's what's makes a dream, a dream.

Something we hope and want to see occurring, but in truth it won't happen, since it was a just a dream, and not reality.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
yes how dare people criticize anything about the show. Pokemon is the ultimate anime with the best writing ever.

I. though. you. quit.

So will Ash never get his comeuppance?

Wow, not the right message to be sending kids. No matter how strong your bond is with your partners, there's always someone who's better than you.

He got his comeuppance in Sinnoh, becoming the second best trainer in the region due to beating Darkrai, compared to the actual runner-up that simply got owned like anybody else.

Will he ever win a league? Probably not.

Can no one take a joke? Also... Mix Mega Zard X

How is "MC-X is GameFreak's lovechild since every game it was available in" a joke?

Sure, Mix MC-X still doesn't use Solarbeam, but arguably has more use for Overheat, since it can actually stay in after.

Chesnaught stan + DP stans are having the time of their life huh, good for them I guess. A bit of happiness in your life by enjoying others' suffering, interesting. Says a lot.

Well, this was bound to happen, and we didn't want to face reality.

So far a decent episode, albeit anticlimactic, but I'm not really salty. That's the way this show works, the writers will move on and these characters will be forgotten like all the others before them. I wonder how Japanese Pokekids will behave after this episode.

It's 100% not about being a DP-stan. It's about how quite a large quantity of the people here weren't ready to face reality, like you're saying, and simply wouldn't listen reason and getting a load of salt in the face. Schadenfreude to the max.

How is it anticlimactic, we see Team Flare start their massive take-over. That's a climactic turn if anything.

So Hoenn and Sinnoh still reign supreme for the best leagues?

Johto wasn't too bad either, showing plenty of battles. It's just sad that the Johto team didn't get much (looking at Noctowl vs. Steelix).

- Hoenn: Best structure and showing of battles.
- Sinnoh: Tied for best result with Kalos, but Sinnoh at least showed how Ash got there for the most part.
- Johto: Probably a step below Hoenn and Sinnoh, in my opinion (hence not definitive), I enjoyed it even more then Kalos.
- Kalos: Yeah, official Top2 in a league where we saw only one of his other battles, but Ash got unofficial runner-up in Sinnoh as well, since the actual runner-up couldn't get past Darkrai.
- Kanto: I really enjoyed quite a few of these battles. Ash was still a rookie and wasn't relying on hyped up finishing moves. I actually probably enjoy it more then the Kalos League.
- Unova: Yeah.. There's only four match-ups to remember during that league, the rest were not interesting. In case anybody was wondering: Vs. Serperior, Vs. Sawk, Vs. Hydreigon and vs. Lucario.

Even if Ash won it wouldn't even be close to those, I personally have Johto above Kalos.

Completely agree. Aside from a good ranking, I didn't enjoy this league half as much as Kanto or Johto. Let alone Sinnoh or Hoenn.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye

You know what's even stupider than pulling the rug? Writers of a show basically saying the main character wouldn't fulfill his objective.

Of course they would imply Ash could win, why wouldn't they.

You know what would be great, if people started popularizing even more a meme or something about Ash being the eternal 10 year old loser. With enough spreading of the word, maybe the producers of the show will finally get the hint that this, making him lose time after time, is not how you get one excited for the next region with the same character knowing that his journey is going to end up in failure yet again.

I've kinda been guilty several times of defending Ash troughout my time watching this show since the beggining but i just can't justified it anymore. The eternal 10 year old losed, is never going to ammount to anything, i'm starting to dislike his character, there are several people who have been ready for a new character but i hadn't reached that level yet, i still kept believing in Ash, but nah, continuing to believe in him is continuing deluding myself-

Ominous Wind

Actually, scratch my last post. I'm angry because I keep thinking of Furfrou dude. He wanted so desperately to compete in the league. The writers took time out of the first episode of the league to show us this guys' story.

And what do they do?

They give the win to a guy who never expressed interest in joining the league and who collected the badges in no time. Hell, we know from this episode that Alain's main concern is Manon.

Just what is this?!

Last edited:

Litleonid

I'm sorry, but this just puts Alain even closer to Gary Stu status than I originally thought. We talked about how Alain seemed too perfect and while I originally couldn't say he was, him being handed yet another win to his endless streak just makes me more inclined to agree with those that said so. It seems like Ash will never get to beat Alain now.

Serene Havoc

This... this happened.
Are we allowed to curse in this forum?

Garbodor.

I am very angry but what's the point? writing out our frustration here wont change anything here. The writers clearly don't give a damn.
What's sad is I know this was the final series I would have had the time for to follow. I am going to be very busy with my new job. And it ends like this :(

Iroca

Ash-Greninja - Dragon Claw and Blas Burn(Resist)
Charizard - Quick Attack, Thunderbold(Weak), Cut, Aerial Ace and Giant Water Shuriken of Death
Am I missing something?

BlueDragonfangirl

You know what? I'm not really mad that Ash lost. If Ash can still be cheerful after this mess then so can I.

But what I won't forgive is the staff for baiting us until the last second. This was some master trolling.
I know right? If they flipping didn't lead us on like that I wouldn't be feeling as bummed or pissed at this as I am.
I didn't at least expect him to win in the BW series, at least the BW crew didn't lead you on with any thing even though I hate that series at least it did that.

XY series has been nothing but misleading, remember that date episode? Wow, could that be any more of a troll ish move?

Joltik-Kid

How is "MC-X is GameFreak's lovechild since every game it was available in" a joke?

Sure, Mix MC-X still doesn't use Solarbeam, but arguably has more use for Overheat, since it can actually stay in after.
I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this... I don't know what you want me to say?

Johto wasn't too bad either, showing plenty of battles. It's just sad that the Johto team didn't get much (looking at Noctowl vs. Steelix).
How many times do I have to apologize that I missed that one?