• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

Navin

MALDREAD
ITT:

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/YX6ZTJ2.gif?noredirect[/IMG200]

Sooner or later Ash will be a negative role model because no matter how hard you try, you still lose. That must be great for the kids.

I feel like he already is, Pokemon anime producers like showing time after time that no matter how hard you try, you still will never acomplish a step towards accomplishing your goals. Ash is just a really bad protagonist at this point.

Haunter ゴースト

Since people seem to want to see me get critical over XY. Here, the main reasons i'm annoyed Ash lost is:

- Ash said he'd win for the Furfrou trainer and everyone who couldn't make it.
- Summaries kept hyping how Ash had never beaten Alain before.
- Mega Charizard had infinite HP despite Super Effective attacks and more hits on it than Greninja had.

That's it really, quit making me out to be an XY fan who can't accept it has problems.

Meags

The creators don't realize how much they've screwed themselves over. If he can't win with a pseudo, a special snowflake transformation ninja frog and his XY competence, he never will. They probably don't even realize that the Alola series probably just lost half it's viewers already because they've made it clear he won't win, so no-one cares anymore.
The loss also made no sense from a narrative viewpoint. "Let's have him lose to this rival every time, then, in their final match... HE LOSES AGAIN". Like what?!
Also it's been said, but Goodra may as well have stayed in the marsh and Noivern is the new Torterra.
Also, what makes it extra bitter is that Alan didn't even freaking care about the league. He wasn't even going to participate until not long ago and he just gathered all the badges in like 1 episode and showed up to win.
Writers! Having him show up in the series before the League DOESN'T STOP IT BEING AN ASSUPLL LOSS!
So yeah this whole thing was a just a disaster.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Despite the outcome, looking back, I thought the first half of the battle was awesome. The treatment of some of the match ups weren't what I hoped for (especially Goodra), but they got the animation going for them.

Yeah, the entire battle certainly wasn't the sack of trash people are saying it is. The problem is, it definitely left a bad impression on people. Some mad because Ash lost, some mad because the finish was more rushed than Sonic 06 and some because of both.

If you ask me, this battle averages out to an okay/10.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It counts just like Snorlax being shown beating a pokemon at the DP league, but it's like a freaking cameo.

No. I've seen plenty of people saying that it doesn't count as it was just a few seconds long. Not my opinion, others gave the definitive call.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
That's not even the problem. Ash has major achievements (OI-Champion, Battle Frontier-Champion). The problem lies within a large part of this forum thinking that a loss in a final doesn't garner respect. For them, this outcome just means that Ash is first in a long line of losers. That's the problem.
No one takes those seriously though for whatever reason... even the show doesn't give much into those victories. Everyone wants Ash to win the Grand battle of them all, The Pokemon League Tournament. And because of that, that's why I said "you basically have to keep introducing more powerful opponent to make sure you not writing about a stale character". If Ash ever lost a league again after winning one, then a massive storm such as the one were in now would occur

SlimeStack

"Look guys, Ash beat Alain in their post-league rematch. He's the strongest trainer in the region! Sorry we couldn't show that off in the one battle you all actually cared about. :3"

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
You know, I don't understand why everyone is taking this out on Ash as a character. Yes, his team lost, but that's really not his fault. He was up against MCX on steroids pretty much. Don't hate on Ash, it's the writers that decide these things anyway.

As much as I respect the writers for breaking many of the status-quos of Pokemon during XYZ, to sacrifice the narrative to keep Ash from winning is just wrong. Unless Ash-Greninja and Ash get some sort of redemption during the Team Flare arc, the writers are looking at a large demographic potentially leaving the show.

Also, the look on Greninja's face when Ash picks him up and consoles him, that says it all.

Meags

Also I'd rant about the Charizard pandering but that's long since redundant. What I'm more interested in is what they'll do next. If he gets lower than Finals next time, wft. They either have to make him win or get a worse placement than this time. and BW showed us how that goes...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
One thing that I do like about the Kalos League, just one at least, is that Ash didn't regress in rank. Yeah, I'm being desperate at this point, but making it to the finals & becoming runner up is still pretty good. That's one of main reasons I wasn't a fan of the Unova League, along with it being forgetful.

But from here, I can't imagine where Ash will go. Especially if we're not going to see a "League" format in Sun/Moon.

Same reason they had that one episode title with the word date in it, to troll the fandom big time.

Anime writer team 1 : Hey what's the next best way to screw with the fandoms minds?

Anime writer 2: I know, why don't we act like Ash is going to win by putting the word winning in the title that'd really screw with the fandom minds.

Anime writer 3: Hey remember that time we had date in the title and shocked them by nothing to due with dates in the first place? Classic! They totally didn't see that one coming. Best in your face ever!

Anime writer team 4 : Don't you think we are being a little mean to our fandom by doing all this?

Every Team Anime writer looks at him in surprise

" NA" Laughing hysterically.

Why does this sound completely accurate?

I'm hoping the dub title isn't as misleading.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why do people think that the show would end if Ash won a single competition, I wonder? I REALLY don't get the logic behind that...

Because they forget the Champions league exist.