• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
While I did enjoy the battle between Ash Greninja and Mega Charzard X. I'm also disappointed that Ash lost yet again it seemed that all signs pointed to him winning this. Yet the writers screwed him over again by making hime lose. What's so bad that they can't make him win one blasted league?

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
The anime is the master troll.

They offer tasty tidbits of incredible events and snatch it away.

Right now, XY and XYZ feel like a waste of time.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I've heard it said somewhere that one of the writers said the series would end if Ash won a league.

That was around ten years ago. The mentality could have changed from then... or maybe not?

Anyway, there is more about being a Pokemon Master than winning a League, so they shouldn't be afraid to let Ash win.

I wouldn't say that. He's won the Orange League (unofficial I know, but still...) and the Battle Frontier, and there's still Sun/Moon and whatever comes after. In addition, he reached the finals, something that's never happened before, and only used his Kalos team in the process. I'm convinced that if he had brought in his reserves, like Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, or Infernape, that he likely would have won.

Nah, it's way more likely that they would have given to Alain an even more overpowered team so that he could have crushed the reserves and win.

However, I admit that it was impressive that Ash managed to reach the finals with just his Kalos team...

Last edited:

Pikachu52

Wonder if this means Mega Evolution won't be in Sun and Moon

Sun and Moon are introducing Z moves, which are like Mega Evolution as they require trainer and Pokémon to hold a crystal but involve the Pokémon using a powerful move instead of changing form.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I will say this though, I did compare this to Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League.

Similarities;
- Going into the final part of the fight, Ash has 3 pokemon left, whilst Alain has 2 left. This was the case in the Ash/Paul fight as well.
- The character going into the final part that had all of their pokemon take damage won the battle.
- Pikachu lost to the opposing trainer's ace
- Pikachu was the pokemon Ash began the battle with
- There was a weather summoning move used in the battle

Difference;
- In Ash/Paul going into the final part, all of Ash's remaining 'mons had all taken damage whilst Paul had a pokemon that has received damage and a pokemon that hadn't fought yet. This is reversed in this instance, where Alain's remaining mons have received damage and Ash has a pokemon with damage and two that haven't fought yet.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
DP Ash had all those things too, and it's arguable even more so than in Kalos.

Now that he has gotten to every stage at the league, he can actually win the next one.

I don't know why everyone is acting like it's over more than Ash v Cameron, when I legitimately thought the series would be in an endless loop of Top 8s and SFs.

Because, at least from my point of view, Ash was going to lose in Unova regardless of his opponent. Kalos actually felt a win.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Ash is just like my Detroit Lions. He will never become a champion......

The Lions were the kings of the NFL in the 1950's.

And I am tired of Charizards.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
So Ash loses the Kalos League in the Final Round thus Alain emerge victorious. Well, this is the first time that Ash made it to the final round of the league. Which is the good thing. Serena also came up as the runner-up. in the master class.

Cevil

I will say this though, I did compare this to Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League.

Similarities;
- Going into the final part of the fight, Ash has 3 pokemon left, whilst Alain has 2 left. This was the case in the Ash/Paul fight as well.
- The character going into the final part that had all of their pokemon take damage won the battle.
- Pikachu lost to the opposing trainer's ace
- Pikachu was the pokemon Ash began the battle with
- There was a weather summoning move used in the battle

Difference;
- In Ash/Paul going into the final part, all of Ash's remaining 'mons had all taken damage whilst Paul had a pokemon that has received damage and a pokemon that hadn't fought yet. This is reversed in this instance, where Alain's remaining mons have received damage and Ash has a pokemon with damage and two that haven't fought yet.

Nice analysis, in my opinion this battle would've been better than Ash vs Paul if Ash actually managed to win. His loss just takes away all of the impact and tension for me.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I'm literally crying in the inside right now.
Even though there was a higher chance of him losing, my hopes were way up. Probably because it's the first time Ash actually made it to the Grand Finals and the hype with it.

Seriously, how can his Greninja lose to only one of Charizard's Blast Burn but survived Sceptile's leaf storm multiple times? That is so wrong...

My only hope is that Alain will lose his title of Champion because of his betrayal. This will automatically make Ash the winner where he will then face the Elite 4 and later take on Diantha. Although the last part is just wishful thinking.

Still upset but I won't stop watching the anime. Not until it's definitely over.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Well, any Red vs. Ash arguments will be immediately discredited. Red has plot armor, Ash has writers who hate him.

Alain is a Gary Stu. I want to see him destroyed by Team Flare. Terrible character.

The skipping of battles is now unacceptable considering the League's outcome.

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that guy. I wonder how he reacted when Ash lost. :p

Thanks for reminding me about that guy, I'd love my $50 too. I can use it to buy more salt :D

Cevil

I'm literally crying in the inside right now.
Even though there was a higher chance of him losing, my hopes were way up. Probably because it's the first time Ash actually made it to the Grand Finals and the hype with it.

Seriously, how can his Greninja lose to only one of Charizard's Blast Burn but survived Sceptile's leaf storm multiple times? That is so wrong...

My only hope is that Alain will lose his title of Champion because of his betrayal. This will automatically make Ash the winner where he will then face the Elite 4 and later take on Diantha. Although the last part is just wishful thinking.

Still upset but I won't stop watching the anime. Not until it's definitely over.

I feel that the writers would allow Alain to keep his title of league champion even if he was exposed, as he'd probably end up redeeming himself in the end and help Ash.