• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

SoundVoltex

Lmao when people say this league was better than kanto/johto/hoenn/sinnoh. No way.

Its better than B/W thats for sure, but anything beats B/W league.

I think this was better than Kanto and Hoenn. It definitely does not have the hype or emotional impact of Johto and Sinnoh though in my opinion.

I will watch again when the writers get replaced.

Smell yall later

*queue gary's theme*

Innocentmercy

Least he got 2nd place lmaoooo

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Lmao when people say this league was better than kanto/johto/hoenn/sinnoh. No way.

Its better than B/W thats for sure, but anything beats B/W league.
If Kanto happened today people would be calling it the worst league ever, what with Ash losing due to having a already tired team and Charizard not listening to him.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Kanto gets a pass, since the writers did not know what to expect, and honestly we did not what to expect as well. However there was no excuse for Unova/Kalos to be this bad.

Kage-Pikachu

Well I was definitely disappointed with the outcome and I can't help but feel that the previous episode was much more exciting with the battles. Greninja put up a really good fight and I loved his final move, I was just really irritated that Charizard was still on its feet afterwards, it would have been nice if he collapsed into Alain's arms when he went to congratulate him for the win.

Pikachu vs Charizard:
Of course we all knew how this was going to end. Pikachu was exhausted and battered but was still able to take a powerful Flamethrower and dish out some impressive power. He really was tied with Greninja as the Ace this league.

Goodra vs Bisharp:
I liked how Ash had Goodra utilize its body to deflect Bisharp's attacks, that was a really smart move. Despite Goodra not getting a victory this league, I felt that it battled well in both of its battles. Seeing it use Dragon Pulse again was pretty awesome to watch and Rain Dance always makes the battlefield look better in my opinion.

Greninja vs Bisharp:
One-hit-KO, what's not to like about Greninja in base form knocking out powerful pokemon with one hit (Clawlizter)?

Greninja vs Charizard:
This actually reminded me a lot about Ash vs Gary This time it's the reverse with Ash having the type advantage. I thought that Greninja was slightly less impressive this time than during his battle with Mega Sceptile though but I understand that Mega Sceptile and Mega Charizard X are too completely different opponents with completely different ways of battling. I really enjoyed the clashes that Greninja made with his Water Shuriken, that was unexpected an
d nice to watch. Alain's Charizard was very impressive too, Blast Burn is always awesome to watch (too bad Hydro Cannon never looks as impressive as Frenzy Plant and Blast Burn, the animation for Hydro Cannon just looks too basic).

All in all, I'm still very proud of Ash for advancing to the final round of the Pokemon League and this REALLY helps to alleviate my fear of his series coming to an end. I don't see how any of the Alola starters are going to surpass Greninja though, he's freaking awesome. Hopefully Bond Phenomenon is possible with those starters as well.

Now I'm looking forward to the conclusion of this series.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
You realize mostly the same writers were involved back with the leagues you are praising right?
So writers are fully bad or fully good in your opinion?

Yes they started good but as the seasons went it started to go downhill(take notes its possible). Very downhill. age maybe? motivation? doing it for that long could be a problem.

Thats possible, if you didnt knew ;)

Last edited:

Ashton Ketchum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4
I'm over it! I hate this anime! And I'll never watch it! Not new not the old series. I would be the end of life to watch a Super Sentai (and I advise you) ... :( Almost 3 years were spent completely in vain! Lovely AmmourShipping turned violent advertising course! When Ash finally fulfill his dream?! How old will I be then?! 40 years?! 50?! 90?! 111?! 20th anniversary of the franchise officially spoiled... Ash and Serena to part! It will hurt itself! They should not break up! and besides Serena herself and her love for Ash were cruel publicity stunt, gives false hope. For this you need to brutally shoot creators! I do not touch more to this anime ever! My head is now gone in Marvel DC, TMNT and Sentai/Power Rangers.
RIP - AmmourShipping.
RIP - The hope for a beautiful and triumphant finale.
RIP - My love for anime that made me sick, and I do not want to remember...
Goodbye, nice forum…

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
Ash went into this league with a Goodra he didn't personally train in at least a month and a semi-newly hatched Noivern. I'm actually really surprised he went as far as he did. If he had used his other pokemon at oak's lab, he definitely would've won. He's so close. Just give us a league anime makerz. PLZ! ;_;

I am happy with the episode though. It's been a while sense I've been so excited for an episode as I was when I was a kid. Props for them for making this episode hype as hell. The end result was really good but not great. The Battles were good but there was nothing really standoutish about it. I could kinda see the end of the episode from a mile away though. There was a bit..... to much excitement on ash's side. IDK. It's like everyone kinda thought he was gonna win in show. I've actually noticed a running theme in shows where, if there's to much hype on one side, then the other's more likely to win. The more desperate one sides "cheerleaders" are the more likely it is that they'll win. That's just something I noticed with some shows. Also, even though the Greninja Charizard battle was pretty good. It made it even more obvious that Alan was gonna win. We could see that Greninja was pretty much on the defensive for alot of the battle. He wasn't setting the pace. He was going with it.

TL;DR I kinda saw Alan's victory coing as the episode was going on. A bit dissapointed but not really surprised. Overall though, it's a good episode. I enjoyed the battles, the lead up was hype as hell even if the ending battle was kinda.......... sub par for the amount of hype put into it. Don't get me wrong, it was a really good battle but given that this was the league concluding battle, it wasn't nearly as hype to see as the Greninja vs Sceptile battle.

7.8 out of ten: to much water. Like seriously though, Charizard in it's normal state (i.e. Not mega Evolved) took a thunderbolt and a rain assisted water shuriken to the face and still won. Totally made it op just for the sake of giving alan the victory. :p

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4
I'm over it! I hate this anime! And I'll never watch it! Not new not the old series. I would be the end of life to watch a Super Sentai (and I advise you) ... :( Almost 3 years were spent completely in vain! Lovely AmmourShipping turned violent advertising course! When Ash finally fulfill his dream?! How old will I be then?! 40 years?! 50?! 90?! 111?! 20th anniversary of the franchise officially spoiled... Ash and Serena to part! It will hurt itself! They should not break up! and besides Serena herself and her love for Ash were cruel publicity stunt, gives false hope. For this you need to brutally shoot creators! I do not touch more to this anime ever! My head is now gone in Marvel DC, TMNT and Sentai/Power Rangers.
RIP - AmmourShipping.
RIP - The hope for a beautiful and triumphant finale.
RIP - My love for anime that made me sick, and I do not want to remember...
Goodbye, nice forum…
You are not the only one, check the youtube comments of all the Episode 38 uploads they really crush the writers there. I never saw such a big hate onto the writers lol except for B/W. Its massive this time.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Kanto gets a pass, since the writers did not know what to expect, and honestly we did not what to expect as well. However there was no excuse for Unova/Kalos to be this bad.

Kanto didn't deserved a free pass since the tournament are all about battles. The same battles we know about the first 70 episodes. And they're still trash, especially when 25 episodes later we got one of the best 6vs6 fights together with Ash vs Gary in whole OS.

Also quality is based of facts. And the Indigo league have a ton facts why it's the worst.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The reason Kalos is getting way more dislike than Unova was because Kalos was a scam. One big scam. In Unova it was clear the anime had no direction midway, so anyone who didn't enjoy it would just leave, and the people left are people who can tolerate mediocre, disappointing, and lackluster content, thus the league did not receive a crazy amount of bashing. In Kalos it was shown to have a lot of promise, so expectation was high for the viewers, and coupled that with "Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!" title and the orange shuriken in the preview, we were all expecting at least a good result. Instead we got something completely different, hence the dislike.

Lunala

Banned
I guess Brock was right, water is weak to fire after all.

i'm disappointed by the result too but it's nothing we haven't seen before. *shrugs*

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
Kanto didn't deserved a free pass since the tournament are all about battles. The same battles we know about the first 70 episodes. And they're still trash, especially when 25 episodes later we got one of the best 6vs6 fights together with Ash vs Gary in whole OS.

Also quality is based of facts. And the Indigo league have a ton facts why it's the worst.

Glad its your opinion.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

I agree with this. This league beats Kanto by a landslide imo. At least this league didn't have team rocket interrupting it in every episode, or have lousy refs and a Pokemon that got disqualified for disobedience.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
7.8 out of ten: to much water. Like seriously though, Charizard in it's normal state (i.e. Not mega Evolved) took a thunderbolt and a rain assisted water shuriken to the face and still won. Totally made it op just for the sake of giving alan the victory. :p
No it didn't take a rain-assisted Water Shuriken, the only move Greninja even used against Charizard before the rain ended was Cut.

CupidKirby

On another note, at least the backlash for this episode is entertaining.

BW writers mean nothing, don't you people realize they don't choose from who wins and who loses? Lol

They kind of do. Him losing doesn't equal a bad league, but him losing can be the last rock to break the dam of an already iffy league. Like I mentioned earlier this thread, they could've had this exact outcome in a more respectable way. None of this Pikachu glorification, skipping more than half the league, Noivern/Goodra 4ever losers, Trevor sidelining, troll titling, or Charisexual bullcrap.

I don't believe in "BW writers" so much as writers taking on a BW-mentality though.

I heard from some people here they got the B/W writers for these episodes. Jesus christ lmao. Pokémon is just the laughing stock at the moment.

That would explain the multitude of recycled animation, choppy choreography, and lack of strategy in the entirety of the finals of all things. The semifinals and Sawyer vs Tierno were better for Pete's sake.

Last edited: