• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

Janovy

Banned
I do look forward to when SM starts when people will start complaing about pikachu hogging the screentime again and then complain about pikachu getting 'shafted' when/if the focus shits to the alola mons
It's almost as if people wish there was this thing called balance.

Just because I like Pikachu doesn't mean I want it to hog all the screentime. But at the same time I don't want it neglected either.

So you see, it makes perfect sense that people would complain about stuff like that.

Soniman

Break the Limit
It's almost as if people wish there was this thing called balance.

Just because I like Pikachu doesn't mean I want it to hog all the screentime. But at the same time I don't want it neglected either.

So you see, it makes perfect sense that people would complain about stuff like that.

"neglected" as if it's not out of its ball every single episode and not contributing in some way. I honestly just don't see where this "awful shafting" is comming from, yeah it was on the back burner during Greninja's arc but that honestly all I can think of. I just to get why people seem to to think Pikachu has been totally ignored and neglected when for me it's pretty much just as "prominent" as it always is on average

Janovy

Banned
"neglected" as if it's not out of its ball every single episode and not contributing in some way.
Oh yes, Thunderbolting Team Rocket is always a major victory. God, us Pikachu fans are so spoiled, aren't we?

I just to get why people seem to to think Pikachu has been totally ignored and neglected when for me it's pretty much just as "prominent" as it always is on average
That's because you seem to think 'Pikachu out of pokeball = Pikachu gets focus and important battles all the time'.

By same logic Axew is the most prominent Pokemon in BW.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Oh yes, Thunderbolting Team Rocket is always a major victory. God, us Pikachu fans are so spoiled, aren't we?

That's because you seem to think 'Pikachu out of pokeball = Pikachu gets focus and important battles all the time'.

By same logic Axew is the most prominent Pokemon in BW.

If 20 years of collective focus (and that's just the main anime, not even counting the droves of Pikachu specials) is not enough to keep Pikachu diehards satisfied when another Pokemon gets like 20ish episodes total in one saga then I guess we just have different expectations

Janovy

Banned
If 20 years of collective focus is not enough to keep Pikachu diehards satisfied when another Pokemon gets like 20ish episodes total in one saga then I guess we just have different expectations
Oh, not this ridiculous excuse again.

"if you miss Pikachu focus, just go back and rewatch the older episodes, you have 900 episodes to choose from"

Same freaking argument can be applied TO EVERYTHING.

You miss Dawn? No problem, just go rewatch her old episodes. Why should she make a cameo? She already got 190+ episodes.
You miss Iris? Who needs a cameo? Just rewatch her glory episodes from BW. She already got 150+ episodes.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Yes I forgot how Pikachu is a traveling companion and is destined to leave the show and will surely never get a ton of future episodes to itself ever again

Janovy

Banned
Yes I forgot how Pikachu is a traveling companion and is destined to leave the show and will surely never get a ton of future episodes to itself.
Yes, it will certainly get a lot of Thunderbolting Team Rocket moments in the future.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Yes, it will certainly get a lot of Thunderbolting Team Rocket moments in the future.

Sorry man you're not gonna convince me that Pikachu is a poor neglected little mouse that never gets the spotlight or special focus, it's just not happening xD

Janovy

Banned
Sorry man you're not gonna convince me that Pikachu is a poor neglected little mouse that never gets the spotlight or special focus, it's just not happening xD
I'm not going to convince you of anything, but the fact is that Pikachu was shafted in XY after the Clemont gym battle and I am not okay with that, 20 years or not.

Ash too has been around for 20 years, but I don't see people like you complaining about Ash getting more screentime than his companions.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer

Snorlax HUNGRY!!!!!!
"BW writers" don't exist, virtually the same staff works on the anime from season to season. Can that weird rumour please die?
Oh my God, there are no "BW writers" - the writing staff is the same as in BW, DP and preceding series.

ehm no the rumour is right.

Animation: Team Kato
Screenplay: Shinzo Fujita
Storyboard: Yuji Asada
Assistant director: Yuji Asada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Janovy

Banned
ehm no the rumour is right.

Animation: Team Kato
Screenplay: Shinzo Fujita
Storyboard: Yuji Asada
Assistant director: Yuji Asada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane
What is your point exactly?

Shinzo Fujita is not a BW writer, he's been a writer since Kanto AND he's written episodes for XY before.

Janovy

Banned
I was being sarcastic. Have a chill like seriously lmao. You are getting triggered by most of these people here who are salty. Take it easy.
Your sarcasm isn't helping, you're just spreading misinformation.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Ash too has been around for 20 years, but I don't see people like you complaining about Ash getting more screentime than his companions.

Except that there are people who actually complain about Ash hogging the spotlight? In fact, it was one of the main complaints during XY, with him doing too much and his friends doing too little.

However, I agree that Pikachu should get an adequate amount of focus as well. Just because he is the mascot, it doesn't mean that he must be completely kept aside. Sure, I'm all for the regional Pokémon to get as much focus as they can, just as long as Pikachu gets some important parts as well. Forget about the 20+ years, try to focus on the screentime he gets in each region, rather than continuing looking at the past.

knightwolf09

What is your point exactly?

Shinzo Fujita is not a BW writer, he's been a writer since Kanto AND he's written episodes for XY before.

Actually he's not wrong. Team Kato were involved with the league episodes where Ash lost for ridiculous reasons, starting with Ash vs. Tobias. So them coming back for this league spells bad signs.

CupidKirby

Oh, not this ridiculous excuse again.

"if you miss Pikachu focus, just go back and rewatch the older episodes, you have 900 episodes to choose from"

Same freaking argument can be applied TO EVERYTHING.

You miss Dawn? No problem, just go rewatch her old episodes. Why should she make a cameo? She already got 190+ episodes.
You miss Iris? Who needs a cameo? Just rewatch her glory episodes from BW. She already got 150+ episodes.

Need some fries to go with that salt? lol

Anyways, I've seen very little complaining here on Pikachu himself and more on the front that the league was so horribly paced that everyone except Pikachu looked like paper bags in battle.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think that 20 years of pokemon doesn't automatically suggest a league for Ash. The writers or Game Freak don't have to do anything special for the anniversary whether fans like it or not. So Ash didn't have to win here just because it has been 20 years. He would have won if the writers allowed him to.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I'm pretty sure not many people here are complaining about Pikachu getting too many spotlight, but rather that this league is garbage overall. Someone has to become the fall guy, so rotating those out through each battle seems plausible. Oh wait, there was only 2 battles.

knightwolf09

I think that 20 years of pokemon doesn't automatically suggest a league for Ash. The writers or Game Freak don't have to do anything special for the anniversary whether fans like it or not. So Ash didn't have to win here just because it has been 20 years. He would have won if the writers allowed him to.

You do know they'll never allow him, and they'll never have a good reason why right? It's why everybody (including me) is a bit pissy why they made this decision to have him lose after all that build up.