• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And him pulling our an attack like roar against AG and then pulling a fairy-type that sweeps his dragon, dragon/flying, fighting/flying squad isn't out of bounds. We have no clue.

Well, who knows, but that's very unlikely. Anyway I think they the writers should've at least shown the scoreboard after skipping the battle. That would've at least cleared the viewer's confusions.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Well, who knows, but that's very unlikely. Anyway I think they the writers should've at least shown the scoreboard after skipping the battle. That would've at least cleared the viewer's confusions.

The writers barely cared about the Kalos League you may as well as skip it, say that Ash got Top 2 and lost to Alin, and *boom* almost nothing will be affected in the following episodes because the League was just a D-Plot to hype up the TF Arc

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The writers barely cared about the Kalos League you may as well as skip it, say that Ash got Top 2 and lost to Alin, and *boom* almost nothing will be affected in the following episodes because the League was just a D-Plot to hype up the TF Arc

Yes, actually skipping all the battles and trying to make it up by two Epic final battles isn't enough. And that why I think that Ash winning the League would've at least made up for the disappointment of the shortened League. But the writers didn't even do that.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Yes, actually skipping all the battles and trying to make it up by two Epic final battles isn't enough. And that why I think that Ash winning the League would've at least made up for the disappointment of the shortened League. But the writers didn't even do that.

Yeah but then again its their anime not ours as much as we hate it we can't control its direction

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

The victory would be rendered hollow by not actually seeing Ash fight tooth and nail the entire time. I actually want to sit at the edge of my seat thinking "Will Ash lose this one?" only for him to win it. I'm sorry, but the lack of suspense in a tournament arc is like removing heat from fire.

Piplup-Luv

Piplups Are Awesome
Honestly, I think they should've ended Ash's journey with him winning this time around and becoming becoming the Kalos champion. He was very mature through this season so it would've been a great way to end it. Then, though Ash's journey ends, a new protag's begins as a reboot to the anime (maybe Max from the Hoenn saga could fit as the new protag even). Since the Sun/Moon anime supposedly starts with "Ash going to school" (though that may have changed by this point) it would've been fitting. Then again, maybe its like the Pokemon School in Unova where you are taught about Pokemon...even then though, it'd make better sense for a new protag to start there.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Honestly, I think they should've ended Ash's journey with him winning this time around and becoming becoming the Kalos champion. He was very mature through this season so it would've been a great way to end it. Then, though Ash's journey ends, a new protag's begins as a reboot to the anime (maybe Max from the Hoenn saga could fit as the new protag even). Since the Sun/Moon anime supposedly starts with "Ash going to school" (though that may have changed by this point) it would've been fitting. Then again, maybe its like the Pokemon School in Unova where you are taught about Pokemon...even then though, it'd make better sense for a new protag to start there.

Well I completely agree with your opinion.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
so i was just thinking back to this episode...........lol what was the point of the huge orange shuriken again? it's not an exclusive z-move in the s/m games and it was never explained in the anime lmao.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Nothing more than hype to get people to watch.

I half expected it to be a DEM for Ash winning, half expected Alain's Mega Ring to have absorbed the energy. I don't really know what I was thinking about it at the time, other than it looked cool.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Watching this in English now; I knew better than to get my hopes up for Ash winning the league. And honestly, I'm glad he didn't win this one. The speed this league was going up until the semi-finals was stupidly ill paced. Little hype build up for the idea off winning; it felt fitting for Alain to win anyhow.

My only complaint with Ash losing is that his reaction and his friends' reactions was unfitting. He was literally inches away from winning the League; a dream built up for the past 3 years. But oh well; the show wants to get the next arc and I know itll be more memorable than this one.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
My only complaint with Ash losing is that his reaction and his friends' reactions was unfitting. He was literally inches away from winning the League; a dream built up for the past 3 years. But oh well; the show wants to get the next arc and I know itll be more memorable than this one.

That was my biggest complain about this battle, as well - Ash's reaction, or, rather, his lack of a reaction. He came this close to being the Kalos League Champion, and he didn't show even a hint of disappointment. Any other Ash would have at least scowled or clenched his fists or lowered his head in disappointment or something. This Ash just smiled, and that bothered me.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
so i was just thinking back to this episode...........lol what was the point of the huge orange shuriken again? it's not an exclusive z-move in the s/m games and it was never explained in the anime lmao.

The double team powering up the water shuriken vs mega sceptile is never explained either. It's probably because the animators just wanted something cool to animate and the final Water Shuriken is a good excuse.

MegaSalamence05

Still regardless of result. I enjoyed this battle for the visuals. It was fantastic. Greninja cemented its status in the top 2 Pokemon Ash has ever owned. When Greninja got eliminated you knew that they wanted to give Alain the pity victory before the Team Flare arc. But the disdain is still present. Overall one pf my favourite battles period. I just didn't like the final end result.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Looking past the heartbreaking outcome, this battle was honestly one of the best in the series. It was breathtaking to watch, and I'm honestly proud of Ash for managing to get SO CLOSE to winning it all. My only complaint with the whole thing is that he was so...okay with losing. I feel like everyone would be a lot more okay with the outcome if Ash had felt a bit more bitter about it. Maybe his acceptance is the writer's way of saying that Ash winning the League isn't the point of the anime.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Yeah the last episode was better for sure, what the heck Goodra? You came back just to faint? That was ridiculous Goodra should have won that, and I think it's silly to make Greninja so powerful, and have an arc to himself only for him to lose at the League, come on you can do better then that.

I suppose it was only obvious, Ash has never won a league before, although in a way if Ash had won, then Sun & Moon would be completely pointless? Like why go to school or whatever if you are the Champion, screw that. So guess it was better for him to lose here, then go back to Pokemon School to relearn everything (Although his new animation, might as well made Ash the champion and create a new hero), maybe the next gen after S&M Ash will actually win the Pokemon League, since he pretty much almost won, would have if Alain didn't come,. I like to see that happen, make him learn something at that school. Although without Greninja, he might not bother.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think Team Flare interrupting the match early would have garnered less hate, and people on here absolutely despise interrupted battles.

They should have just had them both fall down, but Charizard get back up, with Greninja trying but ultimately failing to remain standing.

That was my biggest complain about this battle, as well - Ash's reaction, or, rather, his lack of a reaction. He came this close to being the Kalos League Champion, and he didn't show even a hint of disappointment. Any other Ash would have at least scowled or clenched his fists or lowered his head in disappointment or something. This Ash just smiled, and that bothered me.

Ash already knew he was doomed to lose. That isn't regular Ash not reacting, it's 4th - wall Ash going "I knew this would happen". Of course, it's also possible that he was happy he'd managed to climb up above Top 4 this time after falling to Top 8 in Unova.

Last edited:

Spyro39

They should have just had them both fall down, but Charizard get back up, with Greninja trying but ultimately failing to remain standing.

No, it wouldn't have made a difference. The hatred towards the outcome of this battle would've been the same since it's still the "so close, but nope" scenario.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan