• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Down to the Fiery Finish (934)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
In all honesty I never cared if Ash lost or won here. I just wanted to see a good fight, which I did. This is what anime is for me: good Pokemon fights. SM had them but not as much as XY which is understandable(being SoL)( apart from Alola league which has a few good battles) but

What makes me bummed about PJ is not lack of battles but that battles weren't done that good when it comes to COTD fights like Electabuzz and Heracross.I liked that Meganium fight. Tauros fight I don't remember that much.Honestly they should start picking up, PJ is definitely better than SM so far so we will see.

Well, I've rewatched the Kalos League and somehow the writing in regards to its conclusion somehow got worse. Episodes 36-38 are just bad, no ifs and buts about it when it comes to many writing decisions.

The animation and directing is amazingly good. I meant it when I said a long time ago that Ash vs Alain was the best 6v6 battle in the anime. Every move is paced incredibly well, everything flows so smoothly, the storyboarding is great...

It's just so incredibly sad that the writing behind it was so weak.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Well, I've rewatched the Kalos League and somehow the writing in regards to its conclusion somehow got worse. Episodes 36-38 are just bad, no ifs and buts about it when it comes to many writing decisions.

The animation and directing is amazingly good. I meant it when I said a long time ago that Ash vs Alain was the best 6v6 battle in the anime. Every move is paced incredibly well, everything flows so smoothly, the storyboarding is great...

What exactly makes episode 36 bad? It's more of a Flare Arc episode than a League episode anyway

RafaSceptile

What exactly makes episode 36 bad? It's more of a Flare Arc episode than a League episode anyway

XYZ36 was a very NEEDED episode. Not only it was an introduction of the Team Flare Arc, but also finally it provides to the Kalos League some pacing, because the previous 4 episodes were super rushed I should rate that episode over the first 2 episodes of the Kalos League.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

I like a couple of 6 vs 6’s more but I agree that’s Ash vs Alain was better than Ash vs Sawyer.

RafaSceptile

I like a couple of 6 vs 6’s more but I agree that’s Ash vs Alain was better than Ash vs Sawyer.

I think Ash VS Sawyer was a bit better than Ash VS Alain because Sawyer really felt as an Ash's rival, and that made the battle more special. Even if Ash VS Alain is a bit better visually, I don't believe in Ash and Alain's rival (even if he really is)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
XYZ36 was a very NEEDED episode. Not only it was an introduction of the Team Flare Arc, but also finally it provides to the Kalos League some pacing, because the previous 4 episodes were super rushed I should rate that episode over the first 2 episodes of the Kalos League.

Yeah, XY&Z36 isn't even a league episode, and it's also not a league filler like BWS2-21. It's more like DP136, aka the final villain episode before the main villain arc that sets everything up. Now, the gap between DP136 and DP150, when the Galactic finale started, is much longer than the three-episode gap between XY&Z36 and the arc starting in XY&Z39. Nevertheless, it plays the same story role than DP136 plays, and it's not a league episode at all. It's a villain arc setup episode that just happens to take place between league episodes because all the major players required for the episode are located in the same place.

RafaSceptile

Yeah, XY&Z36 isn't even a league episode, and it's also not a league filler like BWS2-21. It's more like DP136, aka the final villain episode before the main villain arc that sets everything up. Now, the gap between DP136 and DP150, when the Galactic finale started, is much longer than the three-episode gap between XY&Z36 and the arc starting in XY&Z39. Nevertheless, it plays the same story role than DP136 plays, and it's not a league episode at all. It's a villain arc setup episode that just happens to take place between league episodes because all the major players required for the episode are located in the same place.

Now that I think about it, the last 3 leagues had this non-related league episode (BW2-21, XY&Z36 and SM140), one was a filler, other was a Team Flare setup and the final one was an Exhibition Match setup

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
OK, there's precedent for my proposal to remove the Kalos League final from circulation

Many TV shows or movies that in fact received much negative reception have actually been removed from circulation for many years.

One example is the Shaq movie Steel. Despite being a major studio (Warner Bros.) release made in the same year DVD came out, it was not released on DVD or Blu Ray until 2010 because people found it to be so awful.

Ishtar, a Columbia movie from 1987, was not released on digital disc media until 2013, because it was a flop on release.

1981's Inchon, an MGM release, was never released on any form of home video anywhere, and has never aired on TV networks not owned by the film's backers, the Unification Church.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
OK, there's precedent for my proposal to remove the Kalos League final from circulation

Many TV shows or movies that in fact received much negative reception have actually been removed from circulation for many years.

One example is the Shaq movie Steel. Despite being a major studio (Warner Bros.) release made in the same year DVD came out, it was not released on DVD or Blu Ray until 2010 because people found it to be so awful.

Ishtar, a Columbia movie from 1987, was not released on digital disc media until 2013, because it was a flop on release.

1981's Inchon, an MGM release, was never released on any form of home video anywhere, and has never aired on TV networks not owned by the film's backers, the Unification Church.
Not going to happen because the anime staff doesn't care what the fan base thinks

RafaSceptile

Also, this would have happened in Japan anyway. The "best" scenario was that it had never come out of Japan as EP035 or EP038, but it's been more than 4 years of that