• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Downtime - Our Sincerest Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Thanks to everyone who helped get the forums back online! :)

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I'm just glad it didn't take long to fix! That must have been quite the headache!

Are the new avatars from right before the crash gone too, or am I just overlooking them?

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Meh, five days is hardly anything. At least the backup went through before the server crashed. Have you guys taken a look into automated backups, or does that place too much of a burden on existing hardware?

Either way, many thanks to those involved for installing the new hardware, and working on damage control in their spare time.

At least with the new drives installed, things should be running even more smoothly from now on.

Thanks again,

~Cosmic Fury

michael147

With best wishes
The things I appreciated most during the meltdown were Serebii's messages on restoring SPPf.
Thanks to ricocheting for bringing the forums back.
Wishing great uptime for new server.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So glad that the forums are back! Thank you to ricocheting and Serebii; you both did a great job and we all really appreciate the time and effort you put into restoring the forums. Losing five days doesn't bother us :)

MrConfusedTurkey

I was once a part of a very well-devolped rp and discussion forum from the comic "Off White". Somebody had once decided to hack the forum and proceeded to delete and shut down EVERYTHING. After that, the forums came back, but what was once an extremely busy forum is just entirely dead, now. Basically I am telling this story because the days of the forum being down, I thought this forum would be done for. I am very glad it is not!

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
When I got a new 3ds I came here and the forums were down, I couldn't get any trades done which sucked.

It was totally worth the wait.

Omega_Charizard

King of the flames
I couldn't wait for Serebii Forums to be back up again. Thanks for all the hard work you all do!

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I'm just glad it got rebooted. I'd rather lose a few days worth of posts, than to lose the whole forums.

Anti Spiral

If the forum hadn't gone down, I probably would have never signed up! I didn't know Serebii had a forum until I saw a message saying the forum was down. :p

ChicaSkas

THANK GOD for forum backups. I work on some Lady Gaga fan forums, backups have saved our skin many a time.

thanks for keeping us posted!

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I do have to say that I was very thankful for the update page. I know that it added to the list of things that you guys had to keep up with but it was very reassuring and helpful. The way you guys handle your sites shows how devoted and understanding you are.

Understanding this past issue is the least that can be done. Thanks again for all of your hard work and care! You guys are simply amazing.

dragonmlr

Ultamate Magnemite
Thats good thing u got fixed because this site is really the only true site were pokemon fans can interact with eachother and trade, and battle. And etc so again thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.