• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 100: Turtwig Grotle...and Torterra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Great! I am so excited Turtwig's evolved! By the way, by challenging Cynthia, what do you mean? Just a friendly battle or a proper battle to become the Champion?

PokéKT

Dusk Moon
I think to become Champion but I don't know, just a guess.

I can't wait for next week but I need to watch DP99 first. ^^

Last edited:

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Does Anyone no where to get episode pic

and I Hope Ash Helps Grotle To Get back Maybe a Small Bit of speed so it can out match torterra in that aspect just cause it would be funny to see Grotle running rings around Torterra Lol

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Putting this low-quality slop up and making my initial post obsolete to stop any more 'where r da peekchurz?!'-type messages. Which in itself is pointless, since those'll just evolve into 'where r da preevyuuz?' messages.

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/prevyuu1.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/prevyuu2.jpg[/IMG139]

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'm not the least bit surprised that Grotle has a problem. After all, when was the last time we saw a Pokemon of Ash's that didn't have good agility and speed? Oh that's right: NEVER. Because they never seem to make for good battles. Grotle seemed like just the Pokemon to be a slow one, thus creating a problem (which I was skeptical at first on whether or not it would evolve). However, it's nice to show that they finally have a slow Pokemon, so Ash will have to learn to cope with Pokemon that can't straight up dodge the attack.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Surely Ash has some yard-trimmers somewhere? I'd imagine that buzzing off those shrubs growing out of Grotle's back would decrease the amount of weight it has to deal with. I mean, look at poor Torterra. It's no wonder the poor darling can never move when it has to deal with a 200-pound tree at all times.
So who's animating this? I imagine Kinoshita. It looks horrible.:(
Indeed. Say want you want about Kinoshita's incredibly marginal "improvement" since DP004 - I still say she's still no better than Takeda.

Cecil Omega

Nice to see an evolution from Ash again, I'm also glad to see grotle having some problems getting use to his new body, afterall why wouldn't he considering that he was a tiny little wippersnapper and now he's a big ol'
tank of a pokemon.

As for the whole torterra not doing anything parts, maybe it's watching grotle and remembering the trouble it had after evolving?

P.S. Is Ash getting dumber as the anime goes on? normal attacks on ghost types, grass types against flying types, AIM FOR THE HORN?

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
maybe staravia battle's paul's gliscor cuz remember,paul's gliscor knows sandstorm not ash's gliscor^^

maybe staravia won:D

Honchkrow looks impressive

Last edited:

Chiller

im looking forward to see if grotle overcomes this problem straight away. or if it will take a few episodes like it took sceptile to use attacks again.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Ugh, that one shot of Ash looks like absolute crap. -__-

Nice that we actually get to see Paul's Honchkrow in a non-flashback battle. With the obligatory Dark Pulse as well.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Ugh, that one shot of Ash looks like absolute crap. -__-

Nice that we actually get to see Paul's Honchkrow in a non-flashback battle. With the obligatory Dark Pulse as well.
yeah,dark pulse is like the new ice beam or hyper beam^^

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Surely Ash has some yard-trimmers somewhere? I'd imagine that buzzing off those shrubs growing out of Grotle's back would decrease the amount of weight it has to deal with. I mean, look at poor Torterra. It's no wonder the poor darling can never move when it has to deal with a 200-pound tree at all times.

Oddly enough Grotle weighs roughly between 200-300 in the pokedex as well which is heavier than charizard and sceptile.

I pray that Ash does have to realise he'll have to use grotle a different way after this episode and not try to get it's speed back, cause that would make several people unhappy...

magicallypuzzled

Nice to see an evolution from Ash again, I'm also glad to see grotle having some problems getting use to his new body, afterall why wouldn't he considering that he was a tiny little wippersnapper and now he's a big ol'
tank of a pokemon.

As for the whole torterra not doing anything parts, maybe it's watching grotle and remembering the trouble it had after evolving?

P.S. Is Ash getting dumber as the anime goes on? normal attacks on ghost types, grass types against flying types, AIM FOR THE HORN?

your assuming that ash picked last and theres no evidence thats the case paul usually lets ash choose first then picks a pokemon that has an advantage. of course ash is usually only to happy to pick first it's practically ingrained into his personality to be over eager and pick his pokemon first, letting his opponent counter with a pokemon that has an advantage.

scizor master

Put scizor on these!
I'm not the least bit surprised that Grotle has a problem. After all, when was the last time we saw a Pokemon of Ash's that didn't have good agility and speed? Oh that's right: NEVER. Because they never seem to make for good battles. Grotle seemed like just the Pokemon to be a slow one, thus creating a problem (which I was skeptical at first on whether or not it would evolve). However, it's nice to show that they finally have a slow Pokemon, so Ash will have to learn to cope with Pokemon that can't straight up dodge the attack.

Snorlax, Muk, Kingler and Torkoal.

mimefan

Banned
What's the little purpley lines supposed to be?.
What did Grotle get fainted by linerider or something or maybe even pasta. Seriously no good animations abound. Also Evolution FTW.

Found some HQ preview pics if someone is interested...
[IMG139]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6223/1001fe4.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9817/1002rf4.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5899/1003jd0.jpg[/IMG139]

Seems to indeed be an interesting episode, however Kinoshita is back to her usual style. That close-up shot of Satoshi posted above is really awkward.

Looking forward to see how Satoshi manages to handle a slow pokemon for once ^_^.

Last edited:

mimefan

Banned
What's the little purpley lines supposed to be?.
What did Grotle get fainted by linerider or something or maybe even pasta. Seriously no good animations abound. Also Evolution FTW. Also why the hell is Torterra just sort of doing nothing in his picture.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Once again I can't see differences in AD's, other then Ambipom in DP083. Dark Pulse looks cool as usual. Stat Staravia and Glisocr pictures looks strange, maybe Ash's Gliscor learns Sandstorm?

I am not sure if I like Turtwig evolving. Many have predicted in the past that Turtwig would evolve all the way, and defeat Paul's Torterra in the Sinnoh League. I wonder if that prediction might come true.

Your jumping the gun too quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.