• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 100: Turtwig Grotle...and Torterra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

133tSneasel

Looks like Grotle is having problems with his new legs? it's okay he just evolved. He needs to learn Anicent Power or Hidden Power to beat Honchkrow.

Gliscor could be using Sand-Attack or Sand-Tomb, anything with Sand in it. or a Rock Move too

Shiny pokemon lower

So Turwig finally evolved, good! Let's hope it becomes a good battler after he overcoming his lower speed and heavier body. I hope he sooner or later learns a new attack to. Either Leaf Storm or Wood Hammer?

Have you noticed this is the episode number 100? It seems the writers still keeps on the tadition withevolving a pokemon evry hundred episode. Very good!

Putting this low-quality slop up and making my initial post obsolete to stop any more 'where r da peekchurz?!'-type messages. Which in itself is pointless, since those'll just evolve into 'where r da preevyuuz?' messages.

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/prevyuu1.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/prevyuu2.jpg[/IMG139]

That last Grotle pic is actually ADORABLE. Lol. o3o The one good thing Takeda did.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Have you noticed this is the episode number 100? It seems the writers still keeps on the tadition withevolving a pokemon evry hundred episode. Very good!
This is 556th episode overall. Even if you tried arguing that this is the 100th episode of the current series, there still wouldn't be a pattern, since AG100 was merely a gym battle.

Going back to the overall episode count, neither 100 or 300 had any major events occur within them. The whole idea that the writers plan for something important to happen every time another hundred rolls around isn’t even remotely factual.

Last edited:

Isis-sama

I'm going to take a wild stab out there and say Grotle's apparent problem with moving is not so much a problem with speed per se, but due to having to deal with so much suddenly acquired mass and weight upon evolving, which would be more of a problem for it than most others of its line simply because it's usually so fast and having to adjust more than a normal Turtwig who barely moves anyway.

Meaning that once it learns to compensate there's really no reason it can't eventually regain at least most of its speed, at least until it evolves again, if it does. (I agree that it's too soon to tell if it will as of yet).

That being said, I really don't care if that turns out to be the case or not as long as this problem is handled proactively by the writers, meaning more screentime for Grotle and less for Buizel and Pika (and hopefully more for Staravia, Gliscor and Chimchar as well, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.)

It says a lot for Grotle's awesome design that even in the hands of a crappy animation director it can look so cool.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
This is 556th episode overall. Even if you tried arguing that this is the 100th episode of the current series, there still wouldn't be a pattern, since AG100 was merely a gym battle.
Not to mention that EP100 was frickin' "A Way Off Day Off".

This so-called "pattern" of Pokemon evolving on milestone episodes makes me cry blood every time I see it mentioned. Episode 500 - the Combee/Vespiquen episode - had no notable events either. But you can bet your sweet miniskirts that once Episode 600 rolls around, this argument will be brought up yet again.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Not to mention that EP100 was frickin' "A Way Off Day Off".
Interesting. Bulbapedia says it was the equally pointless Nidoran filler. Needless to say, there probably isn’t a snowball’s chance of me or you finding out which site is correct, but either way it’s pretty much the same story; Crap don’t go down on 100s.

mimefan

Banned
I think gary may help ash because he may have had the same problem when wartortle evolved into blastoise.

Also Spoinks can fly. Get with the program that'll never happen.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
So Grotle is gonna have something like sceptile had. Well just with speed
I got to say Grotle looks pretty cool, maybe he will be use agients Fantina? But he would be weak unless he knew crunch

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Interesting. Bulbapedia says it was the equally pointless Nidoran filler. Needless to say, there probably isn’t a snowball’s chance of me or you finding out which site is correct, but either way it’s pretty much the same story; Crap don’t go down on 100s.
I believe it depends on whether or not sites count the two Christmas episodes as part of the regular production run. SPP does.

But people who use Bulbapedia's numbering system have actually argued that the Nidoran filler does fall in line with the "pattern" since the two Nidorans evolve at the end, even though they're not part of the main team. Believe me, I've disputed this with people.

Finding patterns like this in this show is, if you ask me, bullsh*t. The show may be thoroughly predictable, but in a different sense. Remember when people were complaining about Dawn's name solely because it didn't follow the "pattern" of female leads' names beginning with "M"?

There's probably a mathematical equation out there that proves what it takes to have a firm "pattern" of sorts. It might be three or four numbers minimum, and if one number breaks a steady chain, it's not a pattern. If I have only two numbers - let's say 2 and 4 - I can't seriously prove that the next number will be 6 or 8 from realizing a "pattern" of adding two or squaring it, can I?

Then again, most of the fanbase probably hasn't taken past 2nd grade math.

Last edited:

platinum breeder

I'm going to take a wild stab out there and say Grotle's apparent problem with moving is not so much a problem with speed per se, but due to having to deal with so much suddenly acquired mass and weight upon evolving, which would be more of a problem for it than most others of its line simply because it's usually so fast and having to adjust more than a normal Turtwig who barely moves anyway.

Meaning that once it learns to compensate there's really no reason it can't eventually regain at least most of its speed, at least until it evolves again, if it does. (I agree that it's too soon to tell if it will as of yet).

That being said, I really don't care if that turns out to be the case or not as long as this problem is handled proactively by the writers, meaning more screentime for Grotle and less for Buizel and Pika (and hopefully more for Staravia, Gliscor and Chimchar as well, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.)

It says a lot for Grotle's awesome design that even in the hands of a crappy animation director it can look so cool.

i couldn't agree with you more, i mean look at donphan its quite bulky and big yet it moves very quickly abeit using rollout, but still. Ash just needs to do some special training with grotle to increase it speed (if he feels that it should be faster) or help it to mkae better use of its new feet

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wish Grotle evolved sooner.

Turtwig bored the crap out of me but I can tell I'm going to like Grotle a lot more. I was honestly shocked at Turtwig, because most of the other DP Pokemon had good personalities, so to see Ash's grass starter with a personality of a rock surprised me.

Coming off the heels of Sceptile didn't help matters either, and we had Bulbasaur on the group long enough that it felt like such a clone with its lame razor leaf and quadruped status.

Grotle however, looks good.

dman_dustin

Indeed. Say want you want about Kinoshita's incredibly marginal "improvement" since DP004 - I still say she's still no better than Takeda.

How does it look awful, explain to me why you apparently need a degree in anime to see what's wrong with the episode. There is nothing wrong with it at all.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I thought his best episode animation wise was the third Wallace cup ep, the animation didn't look too bad from what I remember there.

Thriller

Its almost time
Also Spoinks can fly. Get with the program that'll never happen.

They can learn Bounce, a Flying type move very similar to Fly. :D

CyberCubed said:
Turtwig bored the crap out of me but I can tell I'm going to like Grotle a lot more. I was honestly shocked at Turtwig, because most of the other DP Pokemon had good personalities, so to see Ash's grass starter with a personality of a rock surprised me.

Coming off the heels of Sceptile didn't help matters either, and we had Bulbasaur on the group long enough that it felt like such a clone with its lame razor leaf and quadruped status.

With Grotle's problem it seems to be facing upon evolution, I have a feeling we will get to see its true colors (which is implied in a good way).

Araleon

Chill
Wow. Even with one of the crappy animators, Grotle looks cool. But, man do I eel bad for the guy. HE couldn't move.

I'm hoping for a training episode where Grotle gets his groove back. Like, he learns to be his old speedy self as Grotle. Maybe he'll learn Rock Polish.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
aaaw, Grotle is actually pretty cute, especially where its stumbling with one eye open...

Ash's Gliscor and Staravia? Working Together? Sandstorm?.....Yay!!!

uber gon

Accept Change
Poor Turtwig, or should I say Grotle.

It's good that they're giving Ash a little challenge. He better work hard!

I'm sure Grotle will find a way to get used to its changes. Maybe learning some neat attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.