• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 100: Turtwig Grotle...and Torterra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
DP 100: Turtwig, Grotle...and Torterra!

I should be doing some work right now, but what the hell. This place is made for procrastinatin' types such as yours truely.

-First thing we see is Shinji, before Honchkrow lands in front of him and puffs it's chest out proudly.

-Ash, Buoysel, Pikachu and Hiko are on the opposite side of the field with that ol' 'Yeah, lets do this!' expression they seem to love so much in this universe. Careful guys. If the wind changes, you're stuck with Ash's 'normal' face forever.

-Honchkrow emerges from an explosion in it's Sky Attack aura, as if it were some sort of God Bird.

-Turtwig looks beat up and evolves into Grotle, evidently favouring evolution as a quick fix over a healing attack it tends to forget it can use.

-Honchkrow dive-bombs Grotle using Sky Attack, and Grotle tries to evade, but ends up stumbling right off the bat and tumbles to the floor.

-Honchkrow gives Grotle an offer it can't refuse...since it can't move and all...and fires a Dark Pulse at it, sending it flying.

-Torterra watches on, lying on the ground, like the big immobile lump it is, confirming which continent it represents. You know the one I mean.

-Pikachu 'PiiikaCHUUUUUUU!'s. It's what we all watch this show for.

-Muku.BIRD flies up and uses it's Whirlwind and Gliscor is right behind it using Sandstorm. I'm not entirely clear on who's Gliscor it is, but it's stock footage from two entirely different episodes spliced together into one shot. Pretty funny, if you're bored enough to pay attention to stuff like this.

-Grotle struggles to it's feet and then shouts out something that probably isn't 'Nay-WHOA', 'HEY-HO!', 'HA-LOH!' or any of it's variants.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I should be doing some work right now, but what the hell. This place is made for procrastinatin' types such as yours truely.

You know what's sad? I was to busy paying attention to Grotle that I wasn't paying attention (aka the Gliscor scene).

But that's okay Grotle looks awesome. Shame Honchkrow makes quick work of it. Paul didn't seem to impressed, as if evolutions are some attack because Paul just told Honchkrow to attack.

Though it being a preview, could mean they cut out some parts, so maybe Paul does have some expression.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Hmm... so Torterra takes something of a backseat role in this one, at least from what we can see in the preview. Nice to know that all of Ash's pokemon seem to be appearing in this one. I hope all of Paul's pokemon feature too, so we can find out which six he's currently carrying out of his seven known pokemon.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
XD Thanks for that appetizing preview summary.

Tiny bit of new info which might interest some people in case we really get to see the title match in this episode: DP099 confirmed that Aaron is the one challenging Cynthia.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Sounds great. I wonder if Mukkubird and Gliscor are working as a team, such as Gliscor riding Mukkubird's draft.

Also Grotle = :)

Honchkrow is a plus too.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
This ep seems awesome

any preview pics?^^

I believe this was the ep. Lucario At Service said he wouldn't be able to post preview pics of. Also...damnit Gravy, beat me to making the thread when I got up this morning. D: I was just too lazy to complain until now.

Anywho...this is sounding like it'll be a pretty entertaining episode. : D It's sad though, I'm gonna miss the great 'Nay-WHOA.' Oh well. I'll live.

Araleon

Chill
Whoa, he can't move... I feel bad for the turtle. Hi whole life was moving. HE was the poster boy for Comcast, and now he's DSL...

Aaron's challenging Cynthia, he's going to lose.

Thriller

Its almost time
I'm glad Turtwig's evolution is causing it a problem.

Much like Sceptile & Charizard, Ash is going to have to learn to fix the problems upon evolution, thus making him a better trainer.

I'd say this balance issue will continue for as long as it took for Grotle to learn Energy Ball.

Squaaah

I can't find the preview on youtube. But thanx for the preview summery Gravy. By the sounds of things I reckon its another 2 on 2 battle in which Ash starts with Staravia and Paul starts with Gliscor. Staravia wins, but then Hunchkow beats Staravia (paving way for Staraptor to get revenge in the league). Ash then uses Turtwig and the rest is in the preview.

I hope Grotle wins, cus i think the thing looks adorable! But if it doesnt win i wont mind, cus it would make sense for Ash to need to get used to using Grotle now its lost its speed.

HoennMaster

I think an earthquake will happen when Torterra FINALLY moves. Sounds like a good episode. Aaron battling Cynthia? First Lucian, and now Aaron? The writers are really loving the E4 this time around.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Seems like a good episode though I am not sure if I like Turtwig evolving. Many have predicted in the past that Turtwig would evolve all the way, and defeat Paul's Torterra in the Sinnoh League. I wonder if that prediction might come true.

trixie08

Speak No Evil
I'm glad Turtwig's evolution is causing it a problem.

Much like Sceptile & Charizard, Ash is going to have to learn to fix the problems upon evolution, thus making him a better trainer.

I'd say this balance issue will continue for as long as it took for Grotle to learn Energy Ball.

Poor Turtwig, or should I say Grotle.

It's good that they're giving Ash a little challenge. He better work hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.