• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 127: Snowpoint Gym! Ice Battle! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I hope he will use his new attack, Rock Climb, against Sneasel.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Don't you know? That is his spirit bomb. He is the equivalent of Goku! Chimchar is Gohan Buizel is Piccolo Staraptor is Yamcha Gliscor is Krillin and Pikachu is uh trunks. Yeah.
Here's mine:
Grotle is Krillin,Buizel is Vegeta,Pikachu is Goku.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Don't you know? That is his spirit bomb. He is the equivalent of Goku! Chimchar is Gohan Buizel is Piccolo Staraptor is Yamcha Gliscor is Krillin and Pikachu is uh trunks. Yeah.

What a horrible joke in an attempt to increase postcount.

So...yay, ice gym battle. This is one of the battles that I had wanted to see since Sinnoh started, mainly because Ice is my favorite Pokemon type. That, and I like Candice's personality, however minor a personality an NPC gets, and wanted to see how it translated in the anime.

I'm kind of surprised that Pikachu is sitting this battle though; I really expected the mouse to be in all of the gym battles. Guess that's what I get for overestimating the potential uses of the mascot. Meh.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Pikachu has only been in 3 out of 7 gym battles this saga, and it wasn't key in any of those 3 battles. Chances are it will have a hefty bout with Volkner thanks to Electric vs. Electric being too delicious to pass up on, but I really do like how it's taken a backseat through all of this.

My main concern with this battle continues to be rushing thanks to the 4 vs. 4 format, which we have never seen crammed into one single episode for a gym battle in the series' history. Taking that into consideration, I don't see Snover lasting more than a minute.

Bisasam

Bulbasaur
It's strange that they hide Snover and only show a silouhette. Maybe it's a shiny or another special one.

Alloute

Not Banned
I hope Candice puts up a good fight, Byron's team was just boring.

I think Snover from that episode will appear^_^

Waterpokes

Look's like it Ash is still using four Pokemon that are weak to Ice. Grotle, Staraptor and Gliscor. I would go with Chimchar, Pikachu, Buizel and Staraptor. Gliscor is 4x weak to Ice, and Grotle can not do much. Poor Buizel, long time since it got used in a gym battle.

Abomasnow looks bad, really bad. The one to star in this battle would be Staraptor. Chimchar will lose to Snover because it can't see, Grotle and Gliscor lose to Abomasnow, will Staraptor will be the winner, if Ash manages to win!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Abomasnow looks bad, really bad. The one to star in this battle would be Staraptor. Chimchar will lose to Snover because it can't see, Grotle and Gliscor lose to Abomasnow, will Staraptor will be the winner, if Ash manages to win!

One problem, if you look at the end of the preview pics Chimchar is seen fighting Abamasnow as well, so it's going against both Snover and Abamasnow, wether or not it will beat Snover or be withdrawn remains to be seen, it does however seem to be the main focus against abamsnow.

Last edited:

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Poor Buizel, long time since it got used in a gym battle.

Um, excuse me but didnt Buizel get to be in 4 out of 8 Gyms this region, and it even starred in 2 so Buizel can can take a backseat til the League as far as I'm conserned

But other than that this looks like and Open and shut Gym, Why everyone wants Monferno revenege is beyond me, but I'm hoping Chim takes out Frosty and we can move on to some Reigigas and Paul vs B-Rad, and If they manage to squeeze Chim's evolution somewhere in there, then thats just Icing on the Cake (No Pun Intended)

JD

I think this spot goes too grotle or chimchar from the previews it looks ike grotle will star or chimmy

Waterpokes

Do you realise that was sarcasm? But this would be a good time to use it, Gliscor, Grotle and Staraptor is not the best option based on weaknesses. If I could have picked Ash's team, it would be looking like Buizel, Pikachu, Chimchar and Staraptor. Gliscor used, Ash got a lot to learn!

Chimchar should not be the star in this gym battle, I think it should be Staraptor. Chimchar did manage to beat Drifblim and Steelix for not so long time ago, so I think it should stay out of this and lose at once, windrawed when battling Snover and losing to Abomasnow. If this happens, then I will laugh and spam the whole forum of have weak it is! Just kidding, or I'm I?

JD

I think this spot goes too grotle or chimchar from the previews it looks ike grotle will star or chimmy as for the move snover is using it its mist

uber gon

Accept Change
This will be an interesting fight.

shac

Do you realise that was sarcasm? But this would be a good time to use it, Gliscor, Grotle and Staraptor is not the best option based on weaknesses. If I could have picked Ash's team, it would be looking like Buizel, Pikachu, Chimchar and Staraptor. Gliscor used, Ash got a lot to learn!

Chimchar should not be the star in this gym battle, I think it should be Staraptor. Chimchar did manage to beat Drifblim and Steelix for not so long time ago, so I think it should stay out of this and lose at once, windrawed when battling Snover and losing to Abomasnow. If this happens, then I will laugh and spam the whole forum of have weak it is! Just kidding, or I'm I?

Are you nuts?? I am really happy that they left out the ice/aqua-jet combo from this battle. And gliscor does need to be in this gym. It needs training before it participates in the league. Buizel had its time and it did come outta its ball in the last episode; so it's not like Ash is not not using it at all. All in all I think this is the best team Ash could choose for this gym bar grotle. Staraptor just evolved and is good against Medicham and the snover family. Chimchar is the only logical choice type-wise and Gliscor has fire-fang and needs practice. Grotle too needs to work on its defense. So yeah, that's the team I want.

Does anyone else find the gym animation weird?? Not bad........just weird. I loved how skitty used to do blizzard. Aboma/sneasel does not do it right. Also chimmy's flamethrower looks different. Is it because of the HD thing?

Anyone noticed how medichams are almost always lefty?

Bell56

The One and Only
Well from the looks of the preview I think the battles that we are going to get are:
Grotle > Sneasle
Grotle < Medicham
Staraptor > Medicham
Gliscor < Snover (it is possible that Gliscor is Ash's first pokemon out and loses quickly to Sneasle
Chimchar > Snover
Chimchar < Abomasnow
Staraptor > Abomasnow (It is also possible that Staraptor has a DKO w/ Medicham so Chimchar would be the big winner.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
the preview got me excited for this ep and has anyone noticed that the colours of Candice's clothes match the colour of Abomasnow. i'm glad there is no Buizel this gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.