• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 127: Snowpoint Gym! Ice Battle! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, this looks like some very exciting gym battle. Or pretty 'cool', but that's just a lame comment. :p

The Snover part also looks interesting. But I hope that Chimchar gets the spotlight from this battle.

bui

I hope staraptor the star aswell. I starting to get bore of chimchar, it has not learn a move since Ash got it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ya know during the ending credits when they showed more of next weeks episode i hear Chimchar's voice for a moment after Ash finished talking...indication of main victory perhaps?

thunderblade12

It looks like Chuimchar is going to be the focus of this gym. I'm really hoping it evolves here. I don't see Staraptor at all, I'm getting a bad feeling that it and Medicham will KO each other. Then again, in the preview for Ash vs Byron we didn't see much of Gliscor and it ended up starring in the gym.

We see Chimchar fighting both Snover and Abomasnow. It would really suck if Chimchar beat both of them without evolving.

We see Gliscor using fire fang but who it's battling is not revealed.

Grotle battles Sneasle and that's all we see of it. It doesn't seem to be having too much trouble with Sneasle.

Wasn't Snover in the preview? So that means that Candice's overall team is Snover, Medicham, Abomasnow, and Sneasle...

Funny how her last Pokemon was what everyone dreaded it would be; Snover.^^ Eh, it's alright(I guess...).

Hopefully Chimchar evolves in this episode. By the looks of it, Chimchar seems to be in quite a fix against Abomasnow, or was it Snover? I'm confuzzled now. It was the shadow of Snover I think.=/ I gotta watch it over again...

darklord18

yeah I was really hoping Chimchar would evolve when Paul around but yeah, I guessing Chimchar beat Snover then is nearly losing to Abomasnow and evolve after mastering it blaze ability and win.

Anyway is it me or during Chimchar Vs Snover and Chimchar vs Abomasnow, that it appear that they are fighting in fog?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I want Chimchar not to evolve in this episode just to watch the people here blow up over it. Then Chimchar can evolve in a random almost-but-not-quite filler, because I want to see Infernape dammit.

So, uh, gym battle. Yep. I'm amused that Ash picked the worst team possible for this, but other than that all I have to look forward to(other than "huzzah! A gym battle! Those are usually pretty good!") is seeing how much the writers pay attention to how hilariously weak to ice Ash's team is. Oh, and Candace being amusing and maybe Zoey if she sticks around. And Team Rocket not doing much of anything but eating up screentime anyway. Really, I like Gym Battles and all but they don't leave much to be commented on(Juputoru says as she types a paragraph about one).

thunderblade12

Possibles:
- Zoey sticking around to watch the battle (I didn't see her leave at the end of DP126)
- Jessie competing in another contest
- Chimchar evolving..maybe..just maybe..

Probablys:
- Staraptor 'surprise' victory

If Chimchar doesn't evolve it shouldn't star in this gym.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If Chimchar were to evolve during the battle...I would be so freakin' happy! But I guess we'll see. So many times he was able to evolve, this has to be it.

firepokemontrainer

This is what I think it's going to be (redfrom the remaining gym thread).

Gliscor vs. Snover (Snover)
Chimchar vs. Snover (Chimchar)
Chimchar vs. Sneasel (Chimchar recalled)
Grotle vs. Sneasel (Grotle)
Grotle vs. Medicham (Medicham)
Staraptor vs. Medicham (Staraptor)
Staraptor vs. Abomasnow (Abomasnow)
Chimchar vs. Abomasnow (Chimchar)

firelovindocker

*sigh*
ever since gym 4 people have said chimchar will evolve in the gym and that hasn't happened
it would be perfect if it evolved here
but i don't think the writers will do that
65%- says won't evolve
35%- says it will
and snover using mist. makes it look cool

Giki

loving chimchar line
i think as posted before that chimmy wil do nothing against ambasnow and then when ambasnow almost KO him and then they think chimmy has blze and it wil evolve.
but that wouldent happen
i so hope it wil evolve this time
and chimchar is the main char in this gym

shac

If chimchar was indeed to evolve in this episode, I think there would have been some indication of it in the preview. We have lots of time.........the movie is due in July. Let's not waste its evolution to the glory of a wonderful gym-battle.

dman_dustin

If chimchar was indeed to evolve in this episode, I think there would have been some indication of it in the preview. We have lots of time.........the movie is due in July. Let's not waste its evolution to the glory of a wonderful gym-battle.

Actually considering the preview has been shortened because of the Notched Eared Pichu quiz, you really can't say that. I'm waiting for the full version preview from TV Tokyo before I say for certain or not it will evolve in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.