• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 128: Battle Pyramid! Brandon VS Paul! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Girl

Shinji is shown in the same shot as Hariyama. The scene with Registeal and Nidoking had a quick split screen with Shinji so that's his as well.

The rest of the time they cut between Jindai and Shinji calling out attacks, then two pokemon battling. There's no way any of that is a flashback.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I hope they will show us a little bit of Paul's 7th gym battle
Maybe after Brandon?

Being the extreme fangirl I am of Pokemon of this sort, Nidoking as well as the Regis is making me squeal with delight, to the lengths of which this forum has never seen.
Worse than those Jonas Brothers fangirls.
Yes.
Worse than that.
Its a little terrifying, really.

Anywho...finally, an episode I'm looking forward to. Not because of the Massive Regi Orgy, but we get to see more attitude from the best thing to happen to this anime in 4 EVUH.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If Zoey can meet Paul I demand Paul to meet Jun. Seriously! And yeah this will be great. I think this is something we waited for since the announcement of this episode.

Waterpokes

I believe that Nidoking belong to Reggie. First of all, this doens't make much sense, but Nidoking is a Kanto Pokemon and Reggie happen to be in Kanto, and lose to Brendan. But why give Paul Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon instead of giving him Sinnoh ones? I think Brendan is beating Paul in one-two-three!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I believe that Nidoking belong to Reggie. First of all, this doens't make much sense, but Nidoking is a Kanto Pokemon and Reggie happen to be in Kanto, and lose to Brendan. But why give Paul Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon instead of giving him Sinnoh ones? I think Brendan is beating Paul in one-two-three!

Paul has travelled through Kanto and Hoenn...It makes sense for him to have Reserves from there.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Maybe Paul's match with the Nidoking is part of a flashback to a previous match against Brandon? I really can't believe he doesn't use Torterra

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
But we are in sinnoh. and he have only Weavile Torterra and Honchkrow from there.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
But we are in sinnoh. and he have only Weavile Torterra and Honchkrow from there.

Honchkrow, Torterra, Weavile, Gliscor and a future Electivire/Magmortar...Thats plenty.

He's not stupid like Ash. He's got reserves and he's gonna use 'em.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So wait his team would be Hariyama Nidoking Magmar Ursaring Weavile Torterra Honchkrow Electrobuzz? That is 8. Who did he switch out for the Pokemon...
But man if he has so many good Pokemon and ash uses his Sinnoh only team someone is going to be hurt. Badly.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So wait his team would be Hariyama Nidoking Magmar Ursaring Weavile Torterra Honchkrow Electrobuzz? That is 8. Who did he switch out for the Pokemon...
But man if he has so many good Pokemon and ash uses his Sinnoh only team someone is going to be hurt. Badly.

Electabuzz, not Electrobuzz.
Anyway, Ash is a very smart trainer, he will beat Paul in the league!!

Waterpokes

I know the word smart, and using smart on Ash, not the right word! Ash uses Quick Attack on Gengar, uses Pikachu against Onix and uses Thunderbolt on Ground types and promises some trusty Pokemon that he will see them again, but never did! So aside from the, he's smart! Nidoking is probarely Reggie's and it better be, or else....

Squaaah

Smart or not, Ash will still find a way to beat pull when it comes to their league battle. The writers wont let him loose when they've made Paul look like such an antagonist.

The Black Ninja

well after I watched the Preview , Brandon is going to use regirock,registeel and regice . Paul used Hariyama , Magmar , Nidoking ?, Ursaring and Electabuzz. it looks like a 6 vs 6 battle or 4 vs 4 battle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.