• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 128: Battle Pyramid! Brandon VS Paul! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This is the episode which is going to air next week (on 21th May).
Here is the summary I found:

At the Snowpoint City Pokémon Center, Ash and friends run into Paul, who has come to town to challenge Candice. Surprisingly Paul's brother Reggie also arrives at the center. To add to the surprises, Pyramid King Brandon arrives in Snowpoint City. After Ash and Reggie talk about their great battles in Kanto, Paul becomes upset and challenges Brandon to a battle.
Note: I would add pictures if I will find them.You can too add pictures.

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
After Ash and Reggie talk about their great battles in Kanto, Paul becomes upset and challenges Brandon to a battle.[/I]

Paul becomes upset? Now that's a pokemon first.

hmm, so from the reaction of the summary its still not clear if they are related. However the possibility of seeing some of Reggie's Flash backs from his battle Frontier challenges sounds cool.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
And how reliable is that translation anyway? Anyway wow cool. Ash and Reggie are all ppssh totally cool place and we totally pawned it while Paul is all you weaklings and your feelings I will beat him with true strength! Then Brandon kicks his stubborn arse and tells him:
Son brute strength is not all it takes. You need to be ice cold! Nah kidding something like that though.

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
Oh god preview. Come on, big money big money no whammy no whammy STOP.

Yeah. Shin is jonesing big time. I'll be over here in this corner trying not to let my imagination run... too... wild...

... I wonder if Reggie will have winter clothes or if they'll just be lazy about that. (cue failhorns)

Last edited:

Waterpokes

Has the other episode aired? And Reggie appears, and Paul is upset! Well, it's first for everything, but this might be one in a life time thing! I hope Paul loses and Brandon begins to talk about how Ash won over him! Paul is going down! Hell yeah!

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Hopefully Reggie will see Ash's Staraptor, especially if it's going to be fresh from a great gym match

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
What the hell mate. In japan its not even shown yet. Wait till it airs then post a thread.

So what? what is the difference if I will do it now or after the episode air?
However, I'm sure that Magmar will battle here. it's not gonna be 1-on-1 battle.

Giki

loving chimchar line
i think that ash and brandon wil have battle to and paul watches and ash battles with chimmie and then chimmie wil evolve to monferno and paul is like :O

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
He's fighting all three Regis by the looks of things. Hariyama vs. 'rock, Magmar vs. Steel and Ursaring vs. Ice.

shac

He's fighting all three Regis by the looks of things. Hariyama vs. 'rock, Magmar vs. Steel and Ursaring vs. Ice.

Is this an official match though? I mean does Paul get a symbol if he defeats Brandon? Ursaring, magamar(still not mortar, huh?), hariyama......Paul is sure all about big pokemon. I wonder why he caught a weavile?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Torterra would have been a pretty good candidate given it's defensive strategy and all, but I guess the guy is in competetive battling mode and needs those super effective hits!

I've got to say, I'm amazed that Ursaring is still on his team after all this time. I remember the good ol' days, when Shinjis had Hikozarus and everyone thought the bruin would be gone in next to no time. Good times, good times. I guess it's been saved by the crystal bells, as it were.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Torterra would have been a pretty good candidate given it's defensive strategy and all, but I guess the guy is in competetive battling mode and needs those super effective hits!

I've got to say, I'm amazed that Ursaring is still on his team after all this time. I remember the good ol' days, when Shinjis had Hikozarus and everyone thought the bruin would be gone in next to no time. Good times, good times. I guess it's been saved by the crystal bells, as it were.

Yes, but it is official that Ursaring will battle vs Regice?

shac

Weavile is weak to Rock and Steel, so strategically it'd be a bad choice to send out for such an important battle, I'd figure.

As for official battle, uh... we really don't know that yet unless the preview said something about it?

No, you misunderstood me. I just wanted to point out that weavile is the only small-size pokemon Paul got compared to rest of his roster. I did not mean that weavile should have been sent to battle against Brandon.

^ASH^

Beginning Trainer

They're so stupids for cramming all of that into one episode
Also, it could be much better if he used Torterra VS Rock and Electabuzz VS Ice
It'd mirror Ash's choise as the choise of Magmar VS Steel does... and Torterra VS Rock also makes sense because of their types

milenadrg

Thanks for the pics, Ash-Kid. :D
So is it confirmed that Paul's and Reggie's dad is Brandon? I am looking foward for this episode...
Wow, Zoey meets Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.