• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 176 & 177 - Semi-Final & Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I wonder if I'll be this syked up for the League, (Probably since he's using Reserves) but never before have a been for excited for a contest before, this is just so exciting, and I'm longing for the battle of Dawn Vs Zoey! This is going to an awesome ending to Contests!!!!!
Can't wait, but I want to see Dawn's appeals.
I've recently started going back through the start of DP to see how much Dawn has grown as a trainer, and by god has she grown so much! We saw her as a pretty confidence coordinator, then nervous, then confident, then almost at the edge of quitting but with the help of Ash, she got through and has grown. And looking at how far her spin technique has come too, she's got Ash using, he transformed it into the Shield thing. Its true that Ash and Dawn have learnt so much from each other, and that's what I love about their friendship.

BM14murph

Master Collector
It really is an excellent way to end the Sinnoh Contests isn't it. I'm unnaturally excited about this for a contest like.

There's been a great lead up to this with great rivals and an excellent storyline and a very deep rivalry between Zoey and Dawn

This is going to be purely epic it's gonna be better than the last 2 GF's combined and doubled

Remember when appeals used to just be one single move performed??
How times have changed

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Appearance of Ambipom!?!?!?

I am so excited for the Grand Festival.:D However, I do expect during Dawn's Performance Rounds, that we see Ambipom again. Not participating but it is watching it from TV. That's a given.;) It had a major contribution to Dawn's journey, so not even showing it watching the Grand Festival is just plain messed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it saw how the Grand Festival is and it suddenly returns for a battle....... but like I said, that'd be pushing it.

ijea4444

I completely forgot about Ambipom. I would love it if we saw Ambipom vs the Zoey battle and the Togekiss/Piplup battle being the semi-finals.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Anyone else notice the whole Togekiss and Piplup thing looked a lot like Pikachu and Swellow in Hoeen Vs the 7th Gym Leaders (Forgot there names)
:S ????

But Anyways I hope Dawn wins this, it's a shame Jessie finally makes it and now it doesn't seem she'll even get far at all

Torpoleon

I completely forgot about Ambipom. I would love it if we saw Ambipom vs the Zoey battle and the Togekiss/Piplup battle being the semi-finals.
Ambipom and another one of Dawn's Pokemon, you mean. I doubt Ambipom will actually temporarily join Dawn's team for the Sinnoh Grand Festival, or ever. But, it would be cool if there was a scene with Ambipom watching the Sinnoh Grand Festival on TV from Vermillion City. I guess we'll have to wait and see. So far it looks like Ambipom wont join Dawn's team for the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Dawn already has her six Pokemon.

KibaLG8

Ambipom and another one of Dawn's Pokemon, you mean. I doubt Ambipom will actually temporarily join Dawn's team for the Sinnoh Grand Festival, or ever. But, it would be cool if there was a scene with Ambipom watching the Sinnoh Grand Festival on TV from Vermillion City. I guess we'll have to wait and see. So far it looks like Ambipom wont join Dawn's team for the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Dawn already has her six Pokemon.

Ash did have 7 Pokemon at one time when he battled Gary at the Johto League..... not saying it will happen but we count rule that out just because Dawn has a full party...... though I will say that it most likely won't happen regardless.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Nah Ambipom will very unlikely be re-joining the party for a short while in the GF although i do believe she will definitely be watching it on t.v. way across the pond in Vermillion City

ijea4444

Well yes, I just meant that I hope we get to see Ambipom in the finals, not that we see Ambipom ONLY in the finals.lol. This is Dawn's home region so I think it is fair to assume that Johanna will be in the GF(she was near sunnyshore a couple of episodes anyway wasn't she? for the pokemon school). So having 7 pokemon wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

Well, preview on Sunday revealed some things:

-Kricketot and Altaria will be used for a Nando Appeal.
-Vaporeon and Flareon are likely an appeal?
-Cyndaquil does some flaming-angel wing on top of the ice-rollercoaster.

Torpoleon

Well, preview on Sunday revealed some things:

-Kricketot and Altaria will be used for a Nando Appeal.
-Vaporeon and Flareon are likely an appeal?
-Cyndaquil does some flaming-angel wing on top of the ice-rollercoaster.
Yep, that's all true. Vaporeon & Flareon are Ursula's and Cyndaquil is with Buneary for Dawn's appeal.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well yes, I just meant that I hope we get to see Ambipom in the finals, not that we see Ambipom ONLY in the finals.lol. This is Dawn's home region so I think it is fair to assume that Johanna will be in the GF(she was near sunnyshore a couple of episodes anyway wasn't she? for the pokemon school). So having 7 pokemon wouldn't be that much of a problem.

The problem is the team might not be balanced. Better to have only 6 pokemon so that everyone will participate equally in all the battles.

It seems to me that Dawn is going to use Togekiss and Piplup in the final battle against Zoey, because the picture in TV anime guide is from the part with Dawn smiles when Piplup is on Togekiss' back.

KibaLG8

The problem is the team might not be balanced. Better to have only 6 pokemon so that everyone will participate equally in all the battles.

It seems to me that Dawn is going to use Togekiss and Piplup in the final battle against Zoey, because the picture in TV anime guide is from the part with Dawn smiles when Piplup is on Togekiss' back.

This makes me question things now..... It's not ok for Dawn to use 7 Pokemon........ but everyone is excited for Ash using his other Pokemon in the Sinnoh League which is based on the Opening. The same thing happened in the Johto League and the Johto Team was hardly used...... wait, didn't I say this before???=\ I am experiencing deja-vu.....

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This makes me question things now..... It's not ok for Dawn to use 7 Pokemon........ but everyone is excited for Ash using his other Pokemon in the Sinnoh League which is based on the Opening. The same thing happened in the Johto League and the Johto Team was hardly used...... wait, didn't I say this before???=\ I am experiencing deja-vu.....

The situation with Ash is different. In the league he has a lot more battles, for example, 4 battles of 6 vs 6, (24 pokemon total) and two doubles matches. (More 4 - 28, and one vs one battle - total 29).
Dawn, for example, has 4 battles (8 pokemon will take part, not necessarily different). She needs to divide it between 6 pokemon. Therefore, I prefer she will use only 6 pokemon.

KibaLG8

The situation with Ash is different. In the league he has a lot more battles, for example, 4 battles of 6 vs 6, (24 pokemon total) and two doubles matches. (More 4 - 28, and one vs one battle - total 29).
Dawn, for example, has 4 battles (8 pokemon will take part, not necessarily different). She needs to divide it between 6 pokemon. Therefore, I prefer she will use only 6 pokemon.

2 Performance Rounds= 4, + 4 Battle Rounds, would be 12. The Performance Rounds are just as important as the Battle Rounds... well, more boring...... but yeah, Without the Performance Round, there isn't a battle Round. Pachirisu, Piplup, Cyndaquil, and Buneary are being used in these 2 Performance Rounds, with Mamoswine & Pachirisu being used in one Battle Round, while Piplup & Togekiss in another.

However, I do agree on her not using Ambipom, since its in Ping-Pong. Though I do find it interesting that it was used in a gym battle despite the fact that it was part of Dawn's team at the time and it was focusing on something it was better at, contests. That's what made me believe it would return for a battle..... kinda of a waste of time to see it battle in 3 official gyms and participate in 5 official contests and not participating in the Grand Festival nor the Sinnoh League. I would like to see it make a cameo in both the Grand Festival & Sinnoh League, watching her former trainer's battle.:D

BM14murph

Master Collector
Is it not 5 battle rounds if she's in the top 32 after the appeals? that makes - 14

IMO they're all going to be shown twice but which 2 will get a third appearance? that's a reason to believe Ambipom might return for a team up with Piplup but i highly doubt it

Appeal 1:
Buneary(1) and Cyndaquil (1)

Appeal 2:
Piplup(1) and Pachirisu(2)

Top 32:
X and X - this is the COTD battle (could be the Top 16) - prob just a still screen

Top 16:
Pachirisu(2) and Mamsowine(1)

Top 8:
Togekiss(1) and Buneary(2)

Top 4:
Mamoswine(2) and Cyndaquil(2)

Final:
Piplup(2) and Togekiss(2)

IMO the Top 32/16/8 can be in any order as we don't yet know what position Ursula is being fought at....do we?

PePer

I heard that Jessie is going to battle Nado and get eliminated, is that true? If it is I'm sure that Dawn will battle Kenny is semi finals.

JD

I heard that Jessie is going to battle Nado and get eliminated, is that true? If it is I'm sure that Dawn will battle Kenny is semi finals.

Yeah that's true it was on Pokemon Sunday that Jessie was battling him I dont want her to lose so quickly but...

Status
Not open for further replies.