• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 176 & 177 - Semi-Final & Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion Jared 14

Well, if Dawn wins this GF, then they'll be no need for her to stick around...She'll have accomplished her main goal on screen and in less time than Ash or May, who has yet to reach that goal, and her still trying respectively...Or, they can let Ash win this League, and then pokemon can take the path of Yugioh, and pull a "Pokemon GX" on us with a brand new cast and all...

thunderblade12

Winning the GF won't necessarily end her dream. Solidad continued to travel after winning the Kanto Grand Festival. I have a feeling the saga will end with Dawn deciding to stay at the Ribbon Society for some reason. It'd set her departure apart from May's at least.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!

HoennMaster

Wow, it's hard to believe that it's already the finale of the Grand Festival, feels like just yesterday she won her first ribbon.....too much?

Finally Johanna shows up, she should have been there the whole time. I still think Dawn is going to win and I can't wait for this amazing battle. I love the sorta "symbolic" (can't think of the proper word right now) feel to it, both using their first and newest pokémon. Can't wait.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

I keep forgetting, what time does the episode premiere tonight?

I know it's around 6/7 PM Japan time, but I wanna make sure.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think its 7:30pm Japan time.

Anyway, heres what I think the battle will be like.
Zoey takes the advantage at first, but then Dawn quickly starts taking the lead, using her techniques like the spin and etc to dodge moves. Zoey pulls out all the stocks causing Togekiss to faint. So it leaves Piplup Vs Glameow and Gallade. And with Dawn with little points left and time running low, theres only one thing for Dawn to do. As Glameow and Gallade attack, Dawn orders Piplup to use Bide! Piplup absorbs their attacks, and fires it back at then, KO'ing them. Making Dawn the winner.

That's how I'd like to see it, I'd like Bide to be the move that wins it for Dawn. And she usually uses Bide when Piplup is being ganged on.
Well that's how I'd like the battle to go.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I think its 7:30pm Japan time.

Anyway, heres what I think the battle will be like.
Zoey takes the advantage at first, but then Dawn quickly starts taking the lead, using her techniques like the spin and etc to dodge moves. Zoey pulls out all the stocks causing Togekiss to faint. So it leaves Piplup Vs Glameow and Gallade. And with Dawn with little points left and time running low, theres only one thing for Dawn to do. As Glameow and Gallade attack, Dawn orders Piplup to use Bide! Piplup absorbs their attacks, and fires it back at then, KO'ing them. Making Dawn the winner.

That's how I'd like to see it, I'd like Bide to be the move that wins it for Dawn. And she usually uses Bide when Piplup is being ganged on.
Well that's how I'd like the battle to go.

I wouldn't be surprised if Togekiss defeats Gallade and then Glameow defeats Togekiss, leaving Piplup VS Glameow, with Piplup winning. But I'd rather see both Piplup & Togekiss defeat Glameow & Gallade.

thunderblade12

Speculation:

-Dawn wins
- Fans whine.
- About 5 threads as to why it's DEM and Dawn doesn't deserve the win.
- About 3 threads about how May was better
- A thread about how Ash WILL win the Sinnoh League now
- People finding fault in every single move in the battle even though the same crap happened in many of Ash's/May's victories.
- Ridiculous excuses and rants. Ex. "ZOMG ZOEY UZERED A GALLADE AND AS WE ALL NO FEMALE TRAINERZ LYKE ZOEY BATTLE POORLY WIT MALE POKEMON LYKE GALLADE. PIPLUP'S A FEMALE I COMMAND IT!"

Status
Not open for further replies.