• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 176 & 177 - Semi-Final & Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

I love how we've seen nothing of Kenny. I guess he didn't make it far.
We don't know that yet. I beat that he'll battle Dawn in DP176 in the semi-finals and then Zoey battles Nando in DP176, the semi-finals. Then comes Dawn VS Zoey in DP177, the Finals of the Sinnoh Grand Festival.

ijea4444

They are publisizing the most promotable characters, the average pokemon viewer who is interested in the GF is interested in Ursala/Zoey, which is why they are being promoted so much. Nando is being promoted so much because so much people expect so much from him and because he is re-appearing for the league so he would count as double-advertisement. Kenny just isn't worth spending extra money on.

GioRocket

Team Rocket Forever
Dont you think the dp178 episode title ruins the final. A Team Rocket episode? Surly Dawn would have an episode dedicated to her if she won the GF. Does it mean Zoey wins?

Torpoleon

Dont you think the dp178 episode title ruins the final. A Team Rocket episode? Surly Dawn would have an episode dedicated to her if she won the GF. Does it mean Zoey wins?
It probably wouldn't make a difference. Whether Dawn wins or loses, they shouldn't(and didn't) make an episode dedicated to that.

ijea4444

It probably wouldn't make a difference. Whether Dawn wins or loses, they shouldn't(and didn't) make an episode dedicated to that.

I think he meant like Ash's Full Battle. Dawn climbed her way to the TOP 2 meaning she was extremely close to winning, and had she lost she probably would also have been depressed,like when Ash got depressed.

Although it does make sense, it isn't a guarantee. Your right in the way that whether she loses or wins there doesn't HAVE to be anything afterwards.

BM14murph

Master Collector

I was thinking this myself but then i thought nah it'll be ok once we get like minimal appearances from the twerps it's the only way it can be done right if we're to haver this episode

The one after could maybe be a celebration

I can't really call who it's going to be that's what's so good about the title for the next one it gives absolutely nothing away as to won which was what i was expecting

I'm slightly leaning towards Zoey winning it as i'm just not so sure whther Dawn could win it first time round but you never know she could like same applies to Zoey but she just seems that little bit more competent than Dawn

randomspot555

I think he meant like Ash's Full Battle. Dawn climbed her way to the TOP 2 meaning she was extremely close to winning, and had she lost she probably would also have been depressed,like when Ash got depressed.

Dawn already went through a long period of depression ending with her Gym Battle. I don't think she'd take a loss at the Grand Festival as hard Ash took his loss during the Indigo League.

As for Kenny, I agree. He's never featured in promotions, so he won't be in promotions. He'll be somewhere in the Grand Festival, especially since he's been ahead of Dawn almost the entire time.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Dawn already went through a long period of depression ending with her Gym Battle. I don't think she'd take a loss at the Grand Festival as hard Ash took his loss during the Indigo League.

As for Kenny, I agree. He's never featured in promotions, so he won't be in promotions. He'll be somewhere in the Grand Festival, especially since he's been ahead of Dawn almost the entire time.

He compared it to Ash's loss to Paul after the full battle. Ash got depressed since his battlestyle he tried to defend was crushed. Furthermore Dawn's gym battle was a stroke of genuis by the writers, but I think Dawn got her swang back during the Wallace Cup, probably due to May being there as an example.

Kenny was featered in at least three scans prior to these GF scans, considering the few times he appeared, that's quite a lot. Appearantly the writers are reinstalling Kenny as a competent rival, since they're letting Dawn beat Ursula first, who in my eyes, kinda usurped Kenny's original role. I really can't put a finger on if he ends up top 4 or top 8. Mostly because I would like Jessie to get top 4, but I'd think her battle would be less exciting, since they had a good battle recently.

Pseudo-edit: Entered Hoenn!

Shadoguardian

I hope Dawn loses in the finals. It just seems wrong to me for Dawn to make it to the finals in her first Grand Festival, and Ash has never reached the finals, let alone won in a league (not including the Orange Islands). I also hope this means that Ash may reach the league finals.

Shadoguardian

I hope Dawn loses in the finals. It just seems wrong to me for Dawn to make it to the finals in her first Grand Festival, and Ash has never reached the finals, let alone won in a league (not including the Orange Islands). I also hope this means that Ash may reach the league finals.

Shadoguardian

Elxar

Well Dawn had a mother which won the Festival so I bet that's the reason she reach the finals, high expectations... But either she win or loses it does not matter I think. Perhaps this is because Dawn will get replaced after DP.

PAKEPAKE

Top32 Dawn vs Ursula Zoey vs ????
Top16 Dawn vs ???? Zoey vs ????
Top 8 Dawn vs ???? Zoey vs ????
Top 4 Dawn vs ???? Zoey vs Nando
Top 2 Dawn vs Zoey

Who do Kenny and Jessie think fights?
I want to see the contest battle of Dawn vs Kenny.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

Why? It's not like Nando's ever done anything to make us believe he's entitled to winning either tournament. The only reason most people expected him to win the Grand Festival was because he was the sparsely seen, mature character. The writers decided to throw a curve ball at us and actually have the main character/a main rival win the Grand Festival this time though.

Nando actually had a better chance of winning the GF than the SL anyway. A rookie vs veterans like Ash and Paul? And besides, unless Nando has mass amounts of reserves his team is unfit for competitive battle. Ash, Paul, hell even Barry and Conway will all murder that Kricketot even with their weakest pokemon.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Top32 Dawn vs Ursula Zoey vs ????
Top16 Dawn vs ???? Zoey vs ????
Top 8 Dawn vs ???? Zoey vs ????
Top 4 Dawn vs ???? Zoey vs Nando
Top 2 Dawn vs Zoey

Who do Kenny and Jessie think fights?
I want to see the contest battle of Dawn vs Kenny.

Dawn will probably fight vs kenny in the semi-finals. In the top 8 - maybe vs Jessie, if she will qualify from the appeals. However, I would like to see her vs a random Coordinator this time. In May's 2 GFs we saw only one battle like that (Anthony) but it was very short. And Dawn can fight against Jessie in every episode, so it deosn't worth it.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Um, just to mention something that noone has pretty much suggested up to now, there is also the slight possibility (although not as likely as other outcomes) that the match ends in a draw, and both Dawn and Zoey win. Just like it happened with Ash and May (Sceptile vs. Blaziken) at the end of the Battle Frontier saga.

Considering Salvia had t disguise herself in order to compete in a contest, I doubt Togekiss has much experience. Powerful yes though.

Maybe she had been training Togekiss since her childhood for contests.

I love how we've seen nothing of Kenny. I guess he didn't make it far.

Kenny is in the GF. I guess you didn't saw DP174 preview.

Why? It's not like Nando's ever done anything to make us believe he's entitled to winning either tournament. The only reason most people expected him to win the Grand Festival was because he was the sparsely seen, mature character. The writers decided to throw a curve ball at us and actually have the main character/a main rival win the Grand Festival this time though.

But he defeated both Zoey and Dawn once so there were chances that he was better them both and the way he defeated Zoey(humiliatingly) made us believe that he was a tough rival.

Nando actually had a better chance of winning the GF than the SL anyway. A rookie vs veterans like Ash and Paul? And besides, unless Nando has mass amounts of reserves his team is unfit for competitive battle. Ash, Paul, hell even Barry and Conway will all murder that Kricketot even with their weakest pokemon.

We don't know Conway's strength as of yet. He lost the tag tournament due to Dawn's lack of battle knowledge. He nearly took the battle to his side and if Elekid hasn't evolved that time Ash and Paul would have lost. And I won't be surprised if we come to know that Conway has traveled more than one region just like Ash and Paul.

Off Topic: There is a interesting point to be noted in Tag Tournament final battle. Dawn mostly uses Piplup in her last battle in big tournaments but here she chose Buizel. This shows that writers didn't wanted to show us Piplup losing or Dawn thought that Buizel was more powerful than Piplup.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Slowking[George];11257646 said:
Um, just to mention something that noone has pretty much suggested up to now, there is also the slight possibility (although not as likely as other outcomes) that the match ends in a draw, and both Dawn and Zoey win. Just like it happened with Ash and May (Sceptile vs. Blaziken) at the end of the Battle Frontier saga.

This was an unofficial contest. If a real contest will end in a draw, the battle must continue for another 5 minutes, from what I remember in May's last contest in the BF saga against Jessie the final battle round ended in a draw, but continued until someone lost. Unfortunately there is only one cup and only one person can take it.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Slowking[George];11257646 said:

That would be such a disappointment( i'm looking for another word i can't remember it's like if they don't know how to finish it so they just throw somthing in it would becalled a X ending any help?) if that hapened.

The entire series is leading up to one of them being victoriuos it cannot be a draw we need a conclusive ending with a definite finish not one where we would be thinking...oh i wonder who really could have one that?

As for battles i think it will be

Top 32: Vs Ursula
Top 16: vS Jessie (would rob just be the last couple of minutes of the battle and not the ful one)
Top 8: Vs COTD (maybe just a still image)

Semi Final:
Dawn vs Kenny - He was a major rival at the start of the saga and a childhood friend he deserves to be her penultimate battle

Zoey vs Nando - I like how it's Zoey facing him as these 2 have more of a rivalry and backstory than Nando and Dawn

Final:
Dawn vs Zoey - I'm just longing to see this match

Status
Not open for further replies.