• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 180 & 181 - Kenny & Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hey! Maybe Jasmine will have an Empoleon!! *shot*

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well according to the new summary and VA list http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_201006101900.html (thanks to Trainer Yusuf) now we know some pokemon that will appear: Buizel/Yanmega's VA is there. Jessie's Seviper, Infernape (maybe) Kenny's Empoleon & Floatzel, Staraptor and Buneary. Jasmine is also there.

So now we can forget about Gible or Breloom. I think the battle is 1 vs 1, I'd say - Staraptor vs Floatzel, this is my guess.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i love Breelom bah damn water lover, they could make it atlest 2vs2 but yeah the mushroom boxer kangoroo wont appear, anyway nice to see Starptor/Buizel fight since they wont be fightning in the gym.

Well according to the new summary and VA list http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_201006101900.html (thanks to Trainer Yusuf) now we know some pokemon that will appear: Buizel/Yanmega's VA is there. Jessie's Seviper, Infernape (maybe) Kenny's Empoleon & Floatzel, Staraptor and Buneary. Jasmine is also there.

So now we can forget about Gible or Breloom. I think the battle is 1 vs 1, I'd say - Staraptor vs Floatzel, this is my guess.

The battle can still be 3 vs 3 but I want it to be 1 vs 1 just like you or maybe a 2 on 2 battle with Buizel and Staraptor on one side and Floatzel and Empoleon on other side.
I am also hoping that Kenny will tell how he caught Floatzel. I mean as a Buizel or Floatzel directly.

@luner45 - People in Anime don't age and therefore I don't think she would have grown up. Maybe they won't even remember her.

PePer

Looks like pure shippy episode, if that's true.

Also, YES! No Gible! Staraptor kickin' butt with brave bird (I hope) and Buizel, with ice aqua jet? Please!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Oh my god, Staraptor. <3!!!

Don't get excited much, Empoleon's, Floatzel's and Staraptor's VAs are the same guy.

Looks like pure shippy episode, if that's true.

Also, YES! No Gible! Staraptor kickin' butt with brave bird (I hope) and Buizel, with ice aqua jet? Please!
Buneary's VA also does the Sinnoh Pokédex.

And yeah, Jasmine's and Flint's VAs are here. So yeah.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i love Breelom bah damn water lover, they could make it atlest 2vs2 but yeah the mushroom boxer kangoroo wont appear, anyway nice to see Starptor/Buizel fight since they wont be fightning in the gym.
I dunno about Kenny's Breelom, but Pikachu's VA did a Breelom.

Last edited:

luner45

Oshawott!! Lets go!
Why is buneary in this episode?? No offense and all but i dont see what will buneary will do it just love pikachu.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Why is buneary in this episode?? No offense and all but i dont see what will buneary will do it just love pikachu.

Buneary is in this episode to continue to love Pikachu and get screen time, hard to complain about that.

BlueDragonfangirl

How odd that Buneary is in this episode.
Guess they want to include some BuneraryxPikachu hints as well.
Watch, now Kenny will be like, you know they say when two Pokemon like each other it means the humans do to blah blah blah. This does seem like a shippy episode LOL.

Sakuragi

Buneary may not be in this episode at all. It's just it's VA is involved, but they also voice other characters. In this case, I believe that she also voices the Pokedex, Marill and Nurse Joy amongst others.

Even if it does appear, it could range from a single syllable to a significant role in the episode.

I'm disappointed that Gible's VA is not accredited as I believe that it needs some proper battle experiencce, though I could understand it if the type match up isn't right.

Anyway, I'm more interested in seeing how Ash battles, especially in the lead up to the Sinnoh League. Hopefully, he may look to try out some new strategies and attack combinations before the tournament starts - though it is wishful thinking.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

I hope you're wrong about Infernape.

Buizel and Staraptor vs Empoleon and Floatzel sounds good.

I just hope Staraptor is actually battling, not just searching for Team Rocket.

Last edited:
Here's the summary courtesy of PK0082.

Thanks.
Regrefully though, nothing really new is written.

"If I beat Satoshi in battle, I would like you to travel with me."
Hikari is shaken by Kengo's word.
Satohi VS Kengo, the result of battle is!?
And Hikari's decision is...!?

Satoshi groups, who are in Nagisa city in order to head to Suzuran Island, where Pokemon League is being held, meets Kengo.
Kengo was having contest battle with someone. His opponent was none other than Johto Asagi city's gym leader Mikan! Satoshi groups are surprised by this sudden moment.
After hearing that Kengo is doing a special training so he can challenge next Grand Festival, Hikari starts to think about what she should be doing from now on. After seeing her like that, Kengo suddenly tells her something surprising.
It was that Kengo wants Hikari to travel with him if he beats Satoshi in battle!
With flustered Hikari on the line, Kengo's 'once in a lifetime' battle starts!
The result of battle is!?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
As long as Gible or Infernape aren't in this episode, I'm good. Gible's failed Draco Meteor attempts aren't funny anymore and Infernape is seriously becoming overused.

As for the premise of this episode, I really like it. It's basically a battle for Dawn's future. Kenny's demanding that Dawn travels with him should he defeat Ash in a Pokemon battle. But I can't see Ash agreeing to it if he knows the outcome. He isn't the type of person to treat Dawn as if she were a prize. So in the end, Ash may win, but still not know how Dawn feels about him, while at the same time Dawn's feelings for him become even more intense. It also may give her the incentive to want to continue traveling with him.

As for the battle, a 3 vs 3 will do. Staraptor, Pikachu, and Buizel seem like the right choice. They all seem to have been neglected in the tail end of DP and could use more battles. But 2 vs 2 would be a good match. Kenny obviously wanting to retry his Empoleon and Floatzel from the Grand Festival with Ash going with the Pikachu + Flyer combo that he seems to like using.

A good episode I'm sort of getting pumped to see.

harryheart

Yay my predictions back when we first saw Marina were correct that we'd also see Jasmine! This is aweswome! *does anyone remember the thread 'Marina and Jasmine in DP'?

And on the matter I also think that we may be seeing where Ash heads next! With Jasmine and all there Ash might learn about the Ishu region or maybe even a BF! We haven't been told what the new season is in Autumn. I just hope that the battle is also epic because we really do want to have some good few battles before the league

Torpoleon

Maybe Team Rocket interrupts another battle with Ash VS Kenny this time Buizel/Infernape VS Breloom and Staraptor is out there to search for Team Rocket. I do hope that is a full 1 on 1 (at least) battle with Ash & Kenny though.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I wasn't too terribly excited about the Kenny vs. Ash episode. I mean, I was, but the summary gives it a big boost in the Interest Dept.

This will be a nice way to set off (or close off) Dawn's future progression. I'm a little glad they used Jasmine as the mediator for this squabble. She's in her proper place compared to the games (after Sunyshore Gym) and it's always fun to bring back old characters.

Waterpokes

Screw this episode if Infernape appears and the shipping part!

I had some hopes for this episode, but when you say Infernape possibly appearing and it's rumored to be shippy, then it ain't looking good. Only good thing about this episode is Jasmine, who hopefully came to Sunnyshore because of May. Now that's a character we all miss! And of course...

Steelix <3 Underused Pokemon ever!!!

Since I don't see Kenny coming out of this episode empty handed....Ash'll probably beat him and Dawn will agree to travel with Kenny for w/e reason. Everyone will be happy. Ash will get some good training in and Kenny will get that much closer to his goal of jumping in Dawn's panties. Just as long as this episode isn't overly shippy I'll be okay. I kinda wished Dawn would travel alone though. If we get a cameo of her in B/W...that means we see Kenny again. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.