• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 180 & 181 - Kenny & Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wow talk about a shipping battle. Kenny is sure to lose since Dawn will have no freedom if he actually wins, but it would be funny if she slapped him for even considering putting her fate on a battle like this. Jasmine appearing for me is...meh. I'm starting to think Dawn will be dumped off in Johto now, apparently that's where unwanted coordinators go when the show is done promoting them and no longer wish to use them. This must be Kenny's last episode.

Wow talk about a shipping battle. Kenny is sure to lose since Dawn will have no freedom if he actually wins, but it would be funny if she slapped him for even considering putting her fate on a battle like this. Jasmine appearing for me is...meh. I'm starting to think Dawn will be dumped off in Johto now, apparently that's where unwanted coordinators go when the show is done promoting them and no longer wish to use them. This must be Kenny's last episode.

I don't think he's making her do anything. I think he's just suggesting it. That of course depends on if he is "sailing" away forever and this is the last chance she has to travel with him. She could always just catch up with him later if the writers really want to give Kenny a happy ending..

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I was under the impression that Kenny was leaving in this episode and wanted Dawn to come with him. I could be wrong about it, either way I'm actually glad Kenny's doing training for the next GF so he didn't quit contest, good. I don't know about Zoey anymore but I assumed Dawn, Kenny, Ursula, and possibly Nando would end up in the same region just not traveling together.

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't know, to me from the summary it sounds like he's forcing her.
I mean, if I win against Ash you travel with me? Come on.

I was under the impression that Kenny was leaving in this episode and wanted Dawn to come with him. I could be wrong about it, either way I'm actually glad Kenny's doing training for the next GF so he didn't quit contest, good. I don't know about Zoey anymore but I assumed Dawn, Kenny, Ursula, and possibly Nando would end up in the same region just not traveling together.

Yeah, I don't really want Dawn traveling with anyone. I know she's not May, but her traveling with Kenny is lame. But, unfortunately it looks like it's what she's ultimately gonna decide to do. I can't think of any other point to this episode other than that.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Personally I would have Dawn go to another region 100% alone with nobody else around and she can just make new off screen friends and rivals, it's not like we'll see them so doesn't matter. So no Kenny, no Zoey, No Nando, just her going solo alone completely, that would be a little different from May.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Yeah, I don't really want Dawn traveling with anyone. I know she's not May, but her traveling with Kenny is lame. But, unfortunately it looks like it's what she's ultimately gonna decide to do. I can't think of any other point to this episode other than that.

For all we know this could be an episode to strength Ash and Dawn's friendship. Ash is fight fight fighting for his love *shot*

Torpoleon

It does sound a lot like Kenny likes Dawn. He probably seems confident that he can beat Ash. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. Does anyone know if Ash & Co. are still in Sunyshore City in DP180 or not? I'm more excited for DP180 than I am for DP181, particularly since we know more information about DP180 and it is some surprising information too. We should be getting a DP180 Preview in about 13 hours from now.

It does sound a lot like Kenny likes Dawn. He probably seems confident that he can beat Ash. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. Does anyone know if Ash & Co. are still in Sunyshore City in DP180 or not? I'm more excited for DP180 than I am for DP181, particularly since we know more information about DP180 and it is some surprising information too. We should be getting a DP180 Preview in about 13 hours from now.

Yes, they're still in Sunyshore by DP180. The summary says so, so yeah. And I know what you mean, without a proper summary, DP181 seems kinda boring. I don't expect it to be boring with Buck being there and all, but I'm not too excited about it right now either..

Here's to the possibility of Buck having his in-game personality. XD

Waterpokes

Oh right, DP 181. Quite actually, that episode seems kinda bad.
Only thing that can possible ruin that episode, is by showing us Infernape.
But considering their on a roll, we're pretty much doomed, at least for us who thinks Infernape is pretty overrated, based on him doing nothing, and for some reason, treated like GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

And Kenny is acting foolish. "I beat Ash, so you're coming with me to Johto/whatever region" Who do he think he is? Jean Claude Magnum from Yugioh! Abridged? Some random guy who loves the main girl, and wants to beat the main protagonist for her to join him? Seems like a sterotypical romance movie. One word: O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L-I-T-Y!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Hardly anything on Pokemon is Original anymore so O-R-I-G-N-A-L-I-T-Y is rather hard to find in anything Pokemon related, Heck Ash and Paul's rivalry is not original as it's the typical hero with a good heart sterotype trying to prove something to the anti hero/antagonist sterotype jerk.

The Buck episode would have been better if it wasn't coming before the league. I just want to get to the Sinnoh league already. I hope it will be good though.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It will be good for the sole reason we get a fight but i predict a boring fight with Ash owning Kenny easly, he should hes almost at the league he should have problems with coordinators at this point.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Unless of course, Kenny switches to badge collecting.

Or if a surprise evolution happens to a little Dragon whose moves have an affinity for Penguins..

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What does that have to do with following Zoey? >.> lol, I think you misunderstood.

I did... D'oh.. -.-

I saw 'The Kenny episode will be dull...' in Cyber's post and I saw that the first word in your post was 'unless', and I put two together in the wrong way and thought that you were referring to the episode being dull... which I then proceeded to elaborate on..

Who's VA's do we have listed Hyuuga Neji??

I always thought that Piplup, or Kenny when I saw what happened to him at the GF with Draco Meteor, would be the answer to solving Gible's problems (DM/Stamina issues), and a battle would be the best way to showcase it's new found powers.. but somehow, if it isn't here, I don't know where it will learn it.. seeing as there isn't much time left. Maybe some training in between battles.. but a battle against Kenny's penguin would make more sense. To me at least..

thunderblade12

Just listing the not-so-obvious ones

Ash's Staraptor and Buizel
Dawn's Buneary (possibly, may also be Pokedex or Nurse Joy)
Kenny's Empoleon and Floatzel

Status
Not open for further replies.