• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 182: Ash's Pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Blaziken was not used after defeating Charizard

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Charizard took down articuno in three shots, and articuno hit him with about 7, 3 of which were super effective.

The fight is simply an inconsistency in power, much like Snorlax taking 48 supereffective attacks(focus punches) and still standing up and winning in one shot.

Either that or Noland's Articuno is pretty darn weak, and Greta's Medicham just plain out pathetic.

But Snorlax used protect!
But Snorlax used supermax attack Body Slam from three stories high!
But Articuno was wild!
But Charizard's Seismic Toss straight up pwns!
But Old matches don't matter anymore! It's just hack trying to establish Johto as overpowerfull.. defending them to death, which is admirable, but futile in this environment...

Wish I could quote this, but can't.. to late.. so I'll just post it, this is a part from Seiryu's post that I firmly believe in:

'I also believe more or less that the Kanto pokemon were brought in almost solely for their own spot at redemption, much like we seem to be getting now with the Johto guys, because their own saga's battles and development sucked so much.'

I mean, did Charizard get the wins it deserved back then? It sure didn't get any in the Kanto league! It had as far as I know of:

Blaine's Magmar indigo league*
That CotD's Poliwrath
Luana's Marowak and Alakazam in a tag team**
Drake's Electabuzz
Casey's noob team consisting of Pidgey, Rattata and Chikorita
Falkner's Pidgeot
Claire's Dragonair

That's not a lot for two regions.. therefore I agree with Seiryu that at least Charizard and Snorlax (who only won against Claire's Kingdra) came back for obvious reasons. Now I can't really approve of the rest of Kanto coming back, but when you open the floodgates it gets hard to close 'em, aye?

Therefore I hope that the Johto team will get similar redemption, though not as much at the same cost it had for the Johto team at the time. The Sinnoh team actually has a reason to be there. If anything I hope Ash will need to take out close to 36 pokemon: five full battles, and a couple of double battles and a few preliminaries... there are likely going to be 10 reserves used, so I'd like a spread like 13-14 wins for the reserves and about 22-23 for the Sinnoh team. In my opinion that's about as fair as you can get. At least have some Sinnoh pokemon in each battle or something.

Though some people would still complain that the reserves didn't get ample battles.. well, there are just not that many battles to be fought I guess: OMG!!! CORPHISH AND TORKOAL ONLY GOT ONE BATTLE!?

*the only pre-indigo league... and it was unusable in the
**Which is technically a win, but it just a beating doll the entire time, until it picked up Pikachu on its back, evaded the first wave of Bonemerang, scooted out of the way when it came back and hit the Hyperbeam charging Alakazam, who was knocked out and it's Hyperbeam took down Marowak, so technically it was a win, but Luana technically knocked herself out... So it's debatable...

Edit@Wildheart90: The reason why Blaziken wasn't used in the battle after Charizard was BECAUSE it had to rest at the pokemon center*, therefore saving the Sinnoh-team for Paul is actually a good idea from Ash's point of view.

*'Ash however notices that Harrison didn't use Blaziken the entire battle... But Brock, being smart, points out that from yesterdays battle, Blaziken needed to rest at the Pokemon Center' [...] 'Harrison seems to be worrying about Blaziken at the Pokemon Center'. As you can tell, Blaziken was really messed up bad in it's battle against Charizard, which was the reason it couldn't be used against the next opponent. Therefore the saving idea, and therefore using reserves is perfectly legit for Ash. As his pokemon has something to prove against Paul. Not necessarily against Nando or Conway...

Last edited:

thunderblade12

It'll probably be like the AG Battle Frontier. The reserves will take a few wins, but it'll be the current team that does most of the work. I'm betting there will be a battle where Ash uses his entire Johto team (Pikachu, Noctowl, Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Donphan); probably against the "legendary trainer," ala Ash vs Brandon, and one where he uses his entire Sinnoh team; probably against Paul. The other two (hopefully) full battles will be an even spread. Like in one battle Infernape will be left out in favor of Torkoal, in another Buizel in favor of Corphish, then Gible in favor of Donphan, Staraptor in favor of Snorlax, etc.

Blazenuva

I am just glad to see those old Pokemon. The most I am expecting is the old Pokemon teaching his new team some new battle techniques. I could totally see Bulbasaur coaching Torterra.

Adz

Poke Knight
Hmmm I was just thinking after reading some of these posts that there is usually preliminary double battles, and I would think it would be likely that he will pair a sinnoh pokemon with a reserve OR just use two reserves or maybe even Pikachu and something..... so "if" the reserves are the ones only from the opening... who would team up well together??

ALSO Sidenote, i don't know if anyone has noticed this before but in the background of that shot where its Ash and his reserves facing his opponents Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway(Conrad?) you can see pokemon that each of these have in silhouette form so maybe this would give us clues to their teams? For example it is evident that there is a Slowking (Con~), a Kingler, Onix, Steelix, Nidoking (Paul) and Metagross (Con~)! I can definitely make out them The others aren't as clear but they may represent all the opponents league pokemon IF this episode reveals that Ash will only use the reserves shown in this same scene!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Am I missing something here? Is Oak coming to bring them along?

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I hope that the reserves get a fair share of Preliminary battles. Should go:

Well basically, I can only really classify Johto starters + Noctowl + Torkoal as Ash's weakest Pokemon. All others are at least semi-powerhouse.

Preliminary round 1:
Totodile
Glalie
Noctowl

(ditto) (ditto) 2:
Bayleef
Heracross
Cyndaquil->Quilava

If there's a third,
Corphish
Torkoal
Swellow

Nostalgic Round:
Muk
Tauros
Kingler

Powerhouse reserve round:
Sceptile
Bulbasaur
Snorlax.

Sorry, I can't see Charizard and Squirtle featured.

Any reserve I have missed? (please refer to ^^ )

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Why are people taking this so seriously? Oh I know because most people posting are probably old school poke fans who still are sad that Misty left. I kid you all. Its sad though when my younger brother runs up to me and is like "Ash caught a Bayleef,Cyndaquil,Totodile,Muk and Snorlax just for the Sinnoh League!"

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hmmm I was just thinking after reading some of these posts that there is usually preliminary double battles, and I would think it would be likely that he will pair a sinnoh pokemon with a reserve OR just use two reserves or maybe even Pikachu and something..... so "if" the reserves are the ones only from the opening... who would team up well together??

ALSO Sidenote, i don't know if anyone has noticed this before but in the background of that shot where its Ash and his reserves facing his opponents Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway(Conrad?) you can see pokemon that each of these have in silhouette form so maybe this would give us clues to their teams? For example it is evident that there is a Slowking (Con~), a Kingler, Onix, Steelix, Nidoking (Paul) and Metagross (Con~)! I can definitely make out them The others aren't as clear but they may represent all the opponents league pokemon IF this episode reveals that Ash will only use the reserves shown in this same scene!

There were double battles in Hoenn, they weren't in Johto or Kanto, so it's best to guess that they change these things up. Look at Kanto, there weren't any real preliminaries, Ash just started having three on three on different fields.

Then in Johto there were a series of three one on ones as preliminaires (Pikachu vs Furret, Phanpy vs Machoke, Cyndaquil vs Exeggcutor) and then a series of three on three's as in a best out of three advance. And in Hoenn there was that round against Hitmonlee.. after which there was the double battle.

But to answer your question:

Noctowl and Staraptor
Glalie and Buizel
Donphan and Torterra
Totodile and Cyndaquil

Those are just a few that came up in my head. I think that I'm not the only one who wants to see Noctowl and Staraptor getting in some action of the avian variety... cuz have you heard?

On call of your sidenote (which was longer then your mainpoint), these are the ones that I see, from left to right, with exceptions of the ones I can't identify:

Stantler, Arbok, blank, Nidoking, *blanks behind the rivals*, Arcanine, Machamp, Fearow sitting down (or something else with a mohawk), Onix, Exeggcutor, Feraligatr, Magcargo, Slowking, Granbull, Metagross, blank, Steelix, *blanks behind Ash' pokemon*, *blank behind Torterra's tail...

I'm pretty sure on that Stantler call (you can see the bun on its butt and it's antlers quite clear), Magcargo not so sure, totally unsure about Fearow, but the rest are easy calls. Weird thing is, that none of these critters are in fact from the fourth generation... I liked the set up of the Johto League Champion opening better.. that was awesome.. Ash facing all those pokemon!

Am I missing something here? Is Oak coming to bring them along?

It's speculation with reason: Ash can't ask Oak to send all ten of them over when he can only keep six on him... or else he'd need a rotating system and god knows Ash can't handle that... and it wouldn't be a 'big meeting'...

hack

Banned
ChaosMage, you the one that i won't wade on since you might be banned in the upcoming weeks, if i do get banned you and the rest of this sites and the other members will pay big time i mean it.

KibaL8, its wrong for saying that they weren't treated really well which its non sense of his that's not really true at all,because they were treated really well.

Lucario at Service, that Ditto girl never did comment on Ash's Totodile being weak which it really wasn't true at all and i did watch that episode were the Ditto girl, the Ditto girl did comment on Ash Totodile not learning Hydro pump and she told Ash to teach Totodile how to use Hydro Pump,Ash never said that he wanted to evolve Cyndaquil or Totodile , but he did think about evolving them but he left it up to them wether they wanted to evolve and he didn't force them to evolve either because they didn't have to, the Johto team Pokemon were really popluar in the anime and the game franchise aswell.

The SerebiiForums site have never had any facts right at all and over the years i heard a lot of bad things from other fans about this site stated things as facts when they or not and i can see why a lot of fans hate this site, no wonder SerebiiForums was hacked before it makes a lot of sense to me now.

Back on topic.

Starterlover1,you or really wrong enitirely, Locormus don't have any proof and you and some of the others don't have any evidence or anything to prove either, i don't believe Seiryu telling the truth that much since some of you guys no him,Torkoal didn't really get redeem because he hardly even took down that Registeel in that battle it had, that don't count as being redeem since Torkoal lost the battle very fast,Sceptile really didn't do much agianst Regirock since it went down in a flash of light and that battle don't really count since Ash had an evil sprit in side of him.

The Johto starters are not his weakest Pokemon and they have shown a lot of times that they are really strong as its and the writers made it clear that they are strong enough as its not to evolve them, the weakest Pokemon of Ash's its Torkoal and maybe Noctowl aswell, even though the Johto starters are coming back it still don't mean that Cyndaquil will be evolving at all since he its already strong as its.

Last edited:

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
^Please lurk a little more...and stop posting until you do. Duplica explicitly stated that Totodile was weak, she said it in the episode, which clearly you haven't watched.

There is no convincing you, so I'll just leave it at that.

Personally, I don't want the Johto team to get the final battle, like the Kanto Starters did in Battle Frontier. Let them take the other battles and let the Sinnoh team take on the final trainer, as they've been considerably developed this saga.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good question.
Well, since the Sinnoh-Johto teams don't know each other, I think they shouldn't be used together unless Ash will work with them on that in this episode. I think he will use the Johto-kanto teams in the double battles.

Who would team up well together? Maybe:

Donphan-Gible
Glalie-Torterra
Buizel-Torkoal

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
KibaLG8, its wrong aswell for saying that the Johto team wasn't treated well which isn't true at all,because they was treated really damn well.
KibaL8, its wrong for saying that they weren't treated really well which its non sense of his that's not really true at all,because they were treated really well.

Listen, is that an echo I hear. It's speaking to me loud and clear.

Why do you keep repeating yourself? The Johto team was treated bad, get over it. I wish they were treated better, aside from Donphan and maybe Heracross. But from the looks of it, Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Noctowl may get their fair share of redemption in the Sinnoh League, which will reduce the Sinnoh Team's chance at it.

firestar319

The Marauder
Personally, I don't want the Johto team to get the final battle, like the Kanto Starters did in Battle Frontier. Let them take the other battles and let the Sinnoh team take on the final trainer, as they've been considerably developed this saga.

I have to agree with you on that. The only battles that should be with only with Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon is his battle against Paul and the battle against the final trainer.

In terms of Ash's Johto pokemon, I really want to see Noctowl show what its got, especially since back in Johto, it really wasn't seen in battles all that much, with the exception of its battle against Morty.

^Please lurk a little more...and stop posting until you do. Duplica explicitly stated that Totodile was weak, she said it in the episode, which clearly you haven't watched.

I don't want to get involved into this argument but Duplica never said that Totodile is weak. She ordered her Ditto(transformed Totodile) to use Hydro Pump but nothing come out of his mouth. Brock said that now I get it, Ditto can only use attacks that its opponent know. Duplica asks Ash why doesn't his Totodile know Hydro Pump. Ash replied that he hasn't started training Totodile. Thats all.

Last edited:
^Oops! Error in the system, reboot now.
My personal apology to you KibaLG8. Edited the post right away.
I wonder if Ash is recalling Donphan and Corphish after seeing the legendary trainer.
I want to see Corphish and Piplup interaction. They are nearly the same after all. Just head strong behavior replaced by arrogant nature according to their species.

Last edited:

SUPERSTARZZ

The Cool Pip!
- Ash will use his Sinnoh team in the entire Sinnoh League. What ever happened to "starting all over again" and "I believe that there's always a way to win" beliefs?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
- Ash will use his Sinnoh team in the entire Sinnoh League. What ever happened to "starting all over again" and "I believe that there's always a way to win" beliefs?

He will use his reserves and the Sinnoh team, I believe.

Nothing happened. The writers just want to give them screentime. These beliefs are pretty old. Maybe he will remember them at the end of Sinnoh saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.