• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 182: Ash's Pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Lucario at Service, that Ditto girl never did comment on Ash's Totodile being weak which it really wasn't true at all and i did watch that episode were the Ditto girl, the Ditto girl did comment on Ash Totodile not learning Hydro pump and she told Ash to teach Totodile how to use Hydro Pump
Here is the clip of the part in the dubbed episode where she comments what i mentioned,
http://*******.com/player.php?v=awygjs&s=6

If this doesn't point that Duplica was in a way telling Ash that Totodile is weak because Ash wasn't training it properly & not teaching it more attacks, then i don't really know what she really meant there.
Also i saw the whole episode now and Duplica said specifically to Ash that he has to teach it more attacks including (she never mentioned about only Hydro Pump).

Seiryu

Resident dragon
- Ash will use his Sinnoh team in the entire Sinnoh League. What ever happened to "starting all over again" and "I believe that there's always a way to win" beliefs?

Hold on a second. I may be mistaken, but didn't that first bit only really apply to Hoenn, hence why he didn't object to Aipom tagging along to Sinnoh, and didn't he only explicitly vow to use his Sinnoh team to defeat Paul? Far as I know, there's been nothing saying he won't use reserves this time. Yes, he said in Hoenn that he wanted to stick with his then-current team for the league when Oak offered to send some reserves. I wouldn't call that a belief, though, more a temporary policy; there's a pretty darn good chance that he feels differently about this league.

Anyways, think about it--assuming we're correctly anticipating the contents of this episode...why would the writers have his old team members gather now, when we'd just see them again during the obligatory between-sagas Pallet Town episode?

Hold on a second. I may be mistaken, but didn't that first bit only really apply to Hoenn, hence why he didn't object to Aipom tagging along to Sinnoh, and didn't he only explicitly vow to use his Sinnoh team to defeat Paul? Far as I know, there's been nothing saying he won't use reserves this time. Yes, he said in Hoenn that he wanted to stick with his then-current team for the league when Oak offered to send some reserves. I wouldn't call that a belief, though, more a temporary policy; there's a pretty darn good chance that he feels differently about this league.

Anyways, think about it--assuming we're correctly anticipating the contents of this episode...why would the writers have his old team members gather now, when we'd just see them again during the obligatory between-sagas Pallet Town episode?

Ash said that he will only use his Sinnoh team before winning his first badge. Dawn said to him that he can use his old Pokemon but Ash was too stubborn\thoughtful to use his reserves.

@LaS: Duplica didn't said that Totodile was weak directly. I think she meant that Ash should train it so that it can have a variable and yet powerful movepool. But yes it means the same thing indirectly.

hack

Banned
Starterlover1,let me correct you on something,Duplica said to Ash that he need to teach Totodile how to use Hydro Pump and she never said anything in the episode about Ash's Totodile being weak at all.

Lucario At Service,you or wrong, Duplica never said anything about Ash's Totodile being weak in that episode,she did said to Ash that he need to teach Totodile how to use Hydro Pump) and i seen the episode for myself, she didn't say anything like that in that episode about Totodile being weak.

KibaLG8, you need to deal with the fact that the Johto team was never ever treated badly at all and Bayleef,Cyndaquil, and Totodile,were treated really good and you need to deal with the fact that they was, Torkoal wasn't treated all that good but atleast he will be coming back more powerful then ever before, the Johto team don't need any redemption since there was nothing wrong with them at all and they or a great strong team, it is good that all of Ash's old pokemon or coming back soon.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Lucario At Service,you or wrong, Duplica never said anything about Ash's Totodile being weak in that episode,she did said to Ash that he need to teach Totodile how to use Hydro Pump) and i seen the episode for myself, she didn't say anything like that in that episode about Totodile being weak.
For my answer read "Sceptile lover" post above your post. He clearly states what i am trying to say.

Duplica, didn't directly say that Totodile was weak to Ash, but what she did say only means that she thought that Totodile was weak because Ash didn't train it properly (i.e., Duplica indirectly said that Totodile was weak).

Here is an example i am going to give you.

"If someone comes to me and say that i have to work a lot harder on my studies & learn a lot of things. What does it exactly mean in simple words".

It means that, i am weak in my studies & have to work harder (isn't it).

The line there wouldn't in no way mean that i am a genius would it.

Last edited:

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Ash said that he will only use his Sinnoh team before winning his first badge. Dawn said to him that he can use his old Pokemon but Ash was too stubborn\thoughtful to use his reserves.

...and for what reason could he not simply have been talking about his first badge, might I ask? Did he explicitly say that he was never ever going to use reserves at all during his time in Sinnoh, including the league tournament?

...and for what reason could he not simply have been talking about his first badge, might I ask? Did he explicitly say that he was never ever going to use reserves at all during his time in Sinnoh, including the league tournament?

Don't you find this thing to be similar to AG. In his first Petalburg gym fight(unofficial one) Ash said to Norman that he is starting from the scratch and won't use his old team. Now he said the same thing to Roark and Dawn after first gym battle. So I think Ash meant the whole region by that statement. But who knows maybe Oak will come and give him the idea that using his old team will be a better choice just for the sake of versatility.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Bring on teh Muk!! I can't wait to see it and Noctowl and Ash's Cyndaquil.

I think this covered me completely lol.

Seriously though, I cannot wait for Ash to reunite with the rest of his pokemon, he will certainly need help from all of them if he is to defeat his various rivals and stand a chance to win the League.
I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Noctowl, Bayleef, Muk, Kingler and hopefully Gliscor (which might return if the air master is kind enough to satisfy most of the fandom wanting Gliscor back).
Simply. Cannot. Wait. For. This. Episode. :)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
But who knows maybe Oak will come and give him the idea that using his old team will be a better choice just for the sake of versatility.
I think the reason he is going to use his reserve is because he feels that he won't be able to match up to Paul (who would use his full power & full team) if he doesn't use his full strength (while remembering what happened in the Full Battle). This doesn't mean that the Sinnoh ones are going to be not focused though.

I think the reason he is going to use his reserve is because he feels that he won't be able to match up to Paul (who would use his full power & full team) if he doesn't use his full strength (while remembering what happened in the Full Battle). This doesn't mean that the Sinnoh ones are going to be not focused though.

Though I always wanted Gible to be replaced with Snorlax in battle against Paul, I am not sure any other replacement would be necessary. Right now Ash needs a strategy to break into Paul's walls. Though Brick Break is the first option, I think Ash should be thinking for the long run. Ash can use Paul's strategy but again he is too stubborn to think that way.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Don't you find this thing to be similar to AG. In his first Petalburg gym fight(unofficial one) Ash said to Norman that he is starting from the scratch and won't use his old team. Now he said the same thing to Roark and Dawn after first gym battle. So I think Ash meant the whole region by that statement. But who knows maybe Oak will come and give him the idea that using his old team will be a better choice just for the sake of versatility.

True, that is admittedly quite similar. There is one difference, however, in that during his first time in Petalburg City, Ash literally only had Pikachu on him, whereas he had Pikachu, Aipom, Starly, and Turtwig when he faced Roark. Similar situations with (slightly) different contexts, which could indicate a difference in intent. But yes--who knows? The exact contents of the episode have yet to be confirmed, right? So whether the old pokemon appear or not and what that leads to is, at this point, simply speculation.

Meh. I still get this strong feeling that the reserves seen in Greatest Everyday will appear. Let's just wait and see, eh?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

But then he is actually suggesting that he doesn't trust his current team. I think what you said in the first line is true. He probably wants to keep forces until the battle against Paul and to get there when he's fresh, and his Sinnoh pokemon are not tired. I hope he won't use his reserves vs Paul or Barry. (although I would like to see a Snorlax vs Snorlax battle)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
But then he is actually suggesting that he doesn't trust his current team. I think what you said in the first line is true. He probably wants to keep forces until the battle against Paul and to get there when he's fresh, and his Sinnoh pokemon are not tired. I hope he won't use his reserves vs Paul or Barry. (although I would like to see a Snorlax vs Snorlax battle)

Well we did see what happened to him in the full battle were he trusted his pokemon at the wrong time & paid the price for it.

Believing in his pokemon is a good thing, but doing that on the wrong time is not good (which was also mentioned by Reggie during the full battle episode).

Since i am taking the example of the full battle here, i would say a few things about Paul here.
Before his battle with Brandon, he didn't believed in his pokemon that much, his battle style only revolved on power. But after his match with Brandon, he changed his style, in which he used his pokemon in such a way that each played there respective roles in the battle perfectly well. This kind of strategy doesn't work if one doesn't believe in there pokemons.

Lets say, Ash uses his Sinnoh pokemon in the match against Paul. But what are the chances that Paul would use the same line-up which he used against Ash in the Full-Battle.

I am not saying that Ash doesn't trust his pokemon. If he didn't believe in them, then Ash wouldn't have won the 8 badges in the first place.

Using new attack strategies would not help him much against a trainer like Paul, what he needs is a new way of battling even while believing in his pokemon (just because he is using his reserve doesn't mean that he doesn't trust his Sinnoh pokemon, it just means that the level of challenge he is going to face in the league is far higher than he has ever faced).

But if he doesn't change from his experience in that full battle and battles the same way, then the only one to evolve as a trainer would be only Paul and not Ash.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Just realized this episode is airing ON my birthday. It's already a good present that all of the Pokemon are gonna be in this episode, but my my, it would be spectacular if we get one evolution here.

In Bulbagarden, someone mentioned about an interesting concept. If Ash battles with Nando, it would be interesting to see Ash battle almost in a contest style with pokemon that allude to Dawn's pokemon.

For instance,

Glalie would be similar to the ice beaming Buneary. Donphan's a hulky, powerhouse ground type pokemon like Mamoswine. Buizel/Totodile/Corphish are the small but still fierce water pokemon. Pikachu is similar with Pachirisu. And Noctowl, like Togekiss is the special move using flying type. Of course, Cyndaquil = Cyndaquil lol.

That would be an interesting battle and would definitely test Ash's abilities to dodge and to avoid damage since a lot of contest battles rely on that. And if such a battle were to happen, it would look like an impressive show.

To think, we could see Donphan charging its Hyper Beam but Ash tells it to swallow it before firing it and Donphan can have a super charged, powerful, ramming attack! Or Buizel using its Ice Aqua Jet? Then we could see a Glalie/Cynda Flame Ice combo, Ash version. That'd be cool too!

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
In Bulbagarden, someone mentioned about an interesting concept. If Ash battles with Nando, it would be interesting to see Ash battle almost in a contest style with pokemon that allude to Dawn's pokemon.

For instance,

Glalie would be similar to the ice beaming Buneary. Donphan's a hulky, powerhouse ground type pokemon like Mamoswine. Buizel/Totodile/Corphish are the small but still fierce water pokemon. Pikachu is similar with Pachirisu. And Noctowl, like Togekiss is the special move using flying type. Of course, Cyndaquil = Cyndaquil lol.

That would be an interesting battle and would definitely test Ash's abilities to dodge and to avoid damage since a lot of contest battles rely on that. And if such a battle were to happen, it would look like an impressive show.

To think, we could see Donphan charging its Hyper Beam but Ash tells it to swallow it before firing it and Donphan can have a super charged, powerful, ramming attack! Or Buizel using its Ice Aqua Jet? Then we could see a Glalie/Cynda Flame Ice combo, Ash version. That'd be cool too!

I hope the writers can be this smart.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Believing in his pokemon is a good thing, but doing that on the wrong time is not good (which was also mentioned by Reggie during the full battle episode).

Paul also had the distinct advantage of knowing what Ash had ahead of time and how to prepare which was another thing Reggie pointed out.

It's true his sinnoh pokemon have come very far in the short amount of time since then, but even so Ash does need to use the suprise factor against Paul as well and throw him off his game(after all Paul doesn't know Ash has all these pokemon.), if he goes in with the same pokemon he used before, even though he has a new one and two evolved, Paul still has the edge granted Infernape and Staraptor would take some pokemon down with them before they fell...but Paul would still win because the outcome would be the same, if Ash wants to mess up Paul's game he's gotta use pokemon Paul won't see coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.